Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

I'm not sure how much I can say about a postcard book, but here goes. Lo and behold, the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Postcard Book does indeed deliver a book of postcards to the Pottermaniacs among us. I've seen references to 32 postcards being included here, but the total count in my copy is actually 24, and there is no evidence to indicate that the book once had any more than that (and, I might add, the other couple of copies I have seen of this book also have 24 in all). Almost all of the postcards feature shots from the film, but two are unique - each one shows an image of Harry in his Quidditch robe in front of a somewhat generic background, thus taking on the look of sports cards. Personally, I think all of the postcards look great, and the photography is quite vivid. You get plenty of Harry and Ron pics, of course, two featuring Draco Malfoy at his wizard-dueling best (or should I say worst), a few postcards showcasing scenery more than characters, two nice pics of Gilderoy Lockhart, and one great pic of Professor Dumbledore (Richard Harris) flanked by Professor McGonagall and Argus Filch. There is only postcard featuring Professor Snape, but he is looking particularly malevolent in the photo. Lest you think I have forgotten Hermione Granger, I have not. Since she is my favorite character, I have singled her out for special attention here at the end. There are actually only two good pictures of her included here: one featuring Hermione and Jenny Weasley mooning over Professor Lockhart and one really nice one picturing her as she mixes up a batch of Polyjuice Potion.
on January 9, 2012
I like this postcard book. These are tear out postcards which are my least favorite way to get postcards from a book. Most perforations are less than stellar at being able to cleanly tear one card away from the others. The content is what really makes these cards shine so I'll ignore the fuzzy perfs.

Postcrossing has a lot of Harry Potter fans. This out of print books are great for satisfying the need to get a "different" postcard in the stash of typical postcard holders.
on August 22, 2011
I am an avid Harry Potter and postcard fan. I send 5-15 postcards a month all over the world. I was thrilled to discover these cards, as they combine two of my favorite things. The pictures are high quality images, almost all of them taken directly from the movie. The cards on a nice thick stock. As a postcard sender, I appreciate that there are five lines on the address section, allowing for ease of writing international addresses.

The only thing I would change is that because they are printed 4 postcards a page, that means there are two perforations to tear for each postcard. The perforation is not very fine, which leaves a jagged edge on two of the sides (rather than the standard one in most postcard books that only have one card per page). This doesn't tear the card, but it is jagged enough to show on my scans of the cards. That is the only reason why I gave it four stars instead of five.

Overall, these are WONDERFUL postcards. They are great for any Harry Potter fan and for postcard fans.
on December 27, 2012
I am not that happy with this booklet of cards. I belong to a postcard exchange group, with many HP fans. I will only use the front cover cards, most of them have too much collage junk on them. I wouldn't have purchased this booklet if I had been able to see inside it.
on March 16, 2016
I love this Harry Poster postcard book, another book for my ever growing Harry Potter collection. I recommend this book. Thanks :)
on October 26, 2014