Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 149 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on February 6, 2014
Please, Warner Bros, stop repackaging everything, and give me a real collection. Ones that include ALL the extended versions of the movie. I know you have them. Please give them up. If you released this same package but it includes all extended versions, I will pay the 170.00. Until then, I will continue to with hold. Cheers!
1616 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2015
I'm very wary of why I received one of the DVDs and instead of the Sorcerer's Stone....I received The Philosopher's stone...
review image
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
I'm so glad I read the reviews before I bought this set. I have been waiting to get this on blu ray until I had a blu ray player. As I was researching and reading reviews I saw that many people recommended getting this on the Amazon UK site. Boy, were they right. I got this exact set, plus 3 bonus extra footage dvd's for $35.67 USD including the shipping cost. I can't believe the U.S. Amazon site it charging so much for it. The shipping was only $5.00 to sent it to the states from the UK. There are a good deal of blu ray sets on the UK site there are at least half price from what the U.S. site is charging.
on November 19, 2011
Ok so I wanted JUST the Bluerays BUT this is not what you want if you want just bluerays and extras... I have to tell you save your money and get the extras by going to Amazon.co.uk best thing I ever did.. The blueray set has 3 extra disks and it is only 49$ WITH shipping... one more time Amazon.co.uk and enter "Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011][Region Free]" save the money and get exstras!
on November 16, 2011
I had pre-ordered this set and was very much looking forward to the Blu-ray discs. When I opened the set and flipped through the discs, it seemed as if this set was just put together with other blu ray discs from other packaging. The discs look nothing like the pics on the order site. Order of the Phoenix even says DISC 1 and DH part one cover looks like it was bought off the street... not what I expected.
on December 17, 2015
The boxset itself is neat and the movies are gorgeous on blu ray. However, the discs are faulty. I've tried watching the first four HP movies now and each one has scenes that freeze and then skip entirely. I've tried using the discs in 3 seperate blu ray players as well as a PS4 and the problems occur in each one. I wanted to send it in for a replacement but the only option I have is refund which I do not want because I bought this set on sale and a refund would not allow me to afford the entire set again.
on April 20, 2016
I have the "eight DVDs in one big book-like case", apparently there's multiple different ones.

Anyway, the "pages" don't actually hold the DVDs. Two were loose in the case when it arrived, and at least one falls out every time we open the case. The 8th movie is already ruined. I've moved the rest to other DVD cases in an attempt to save them, but this is not worth the money with the case being so defective. I didn't even notice the 8th movie was broken until after the return window expired. It could have been DOA.
on April 24, 2016
The movies were great but I wasn't able to start watching deathly hallows part 2. It wouldn't play in my PS4. The blu Ray didn't looked scratched or marked. It just didn't play. Odd since I was able to watch all others 1-7 without any issues. Only reason for bad rating was I can't return it since its past 30 day mark.
on June 9, 2015
This is just judging the blu-ray discs and the packaging itself not the movie.
So it was delivered with the middle piece hinge with a crack in it and some of the placeholders for the discs were broken (the pizza piece as I call it)
Then there were the movies themselves. They basically cannibalized blu-ray discs from all the unused blu-rays that didnt sell I guess.
For EX: theres a DISC 1 on one of the movies when there is no DISC 2
The audio on the first 5 discs is wonky. It just doesnt sound right.
6-8 the audio is good but all of the sudden the video gets super dark so you have to turn up the brightness.
Tried this out on the PS3 and even switched back to an old dedicated blu-ray player to see if the problems still followed.
They did.
It is relatively cheap though but if I had to do it over again I would have spent some extra money on a version that didnt have these problems.
on September 23, 2015
I purchased this boxed set when it was the Amazon Deal of the Day because of the extras (behind the scenes, extended versions, etc.) and because I wanted a set of both Blu-ray and DVD copies of the movies. Has anyone else had the issue where Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets have extended versions available on the menu of the Blu-ray discs, but none of the other movies do? I also cannot watch the Blu-ray disc of Chamber of Secrets or Goblet of Fire, after choosing "Play movie" on the menu, it cycles directly back to the menu. I'm extremely disappointed in the set, as I adore the books and movies and was very much looking forward to having this set with all the extras on Blu-ray.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse