Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Size: Medium|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 11, 2011
This is misleading, since these are actually two very different products.

One robe is made with black fleece with red trim meant to suggest lining, and a real embroidered Gryffindor crest. The hood is fully lined with the red material. It is very good quality for the money. My niece put it on as soon as she unwrapped it in the afternoon, and did not take it off until bedtime. She wears it all the time and it is holding up great.

The second is just junk, very thin and flimsy material, crest is printed on, red trim is on the edges of the robe only, not in the hood.

Out of the box, the first robe needed some serious ironing and the red lining was not always stitched in well, but those are the only complaints. I would not bother at all with the second cheaper version. I looked at it in the store and would not pay $5.00 for it, let alone $20.

Make sure you are buying the one that says it has the "embroidered crest" - otherwise, you are getting seriously ripped off.
44 comments|235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2013
I added my own photo for others to review. This is a really good robe, made of lightweight fleece. We bought it for my son's Storybook Character Dress Up Day at school today. I got the large for my 8-year-old and it fits perfect.

I also bought the glasses from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Elope-LS7224-Harrys-Glasses-Wire/dp/B000NL21T4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1360260495&sr=8-3&keywords=harry+potter+glasses

And the tie too: http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Tie-Costume-Accessory/dp/B000Z72FFG/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1360260523&sr=1-3&keywords=harry+potter+tie+gryffindor

It comes with a clip to hold the robe closed. I'm glad I bought it.
review image
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2008
This is a very nicely made robe of warm fleece (although my daughter said she wished she had the cheaper, thinner version like her friend!). The sizes are off, though, so although I assumed a medium would fit my 9-year-old daughter, it was too small. I returned it to get a large, even though that sounded way too big. It fits great.
We saw similar robes at Universal Studios when we went to visit the Harry Potter attractions and my daughter begged for one, but when we saw the $100+ pricetag I kind of backed off and got her a wand instead. But I promised her when we got home that I would get her a Happy Potter robe and have been researching them ever since. I decided on this one since it's made from a fabric similar to Polartec (not that horrible nylon that graduation gowns are made of) and comes with the maroon color touches.

First off: sizing- my daughter is (almost) nine, a little petite for her age, and I went ahead and ordered the Large thinking she could grow into it. It's a bit big on her (mostly long) but she LOVES the way it billows out behind her when she walks.

The quality is fair, but excellent for a costume. It's a mid-weight polarfleece material. Some of the edges of the costume are a little rough and not hemmed, and the maroon color around the edges is just a simple, thin piece of fabric sewn in as opposed to a full lining, but this is a REALLY nice item for the price. Even the patch is heavy-dut and embroidered and sewn on thoroughly.

Overall, this was a big hit. I'm very happy with my purchase, but my daughter is even happier. Since the robe arrived, she hasn't really taken it off- whenever she's home, it's on. That's a pretty winning endorsement.
on December 10, 2013
Item arrived completely crumpled up in the bag and clearly used before. Had bits of what looked like crumpled leaves stuck to the fabric. The item itself was all wrinkled, due to being stuffed into the bag in such a careless way. Bag holding it had the snap broken off, so didn't clasp shut at all. VERY poor and very disappointing, since this was supposed to be our son's Santa present this year!! To the seller's credit, they tried to help, and even offered to allow return shipping to be prepaid, but they could not refund or send replacement until they got the item back. This didn't work for us, as we needed the item before tomorrow, and there's no way to get it back to them in time, especially since the postal service is delayed right now due to the ice storm that hit. This was a very frustrating situation because I can understand the seller's position, but we are now stuck with a used item but paid full price, but we can't run the risk of not being able to source and purchase this item elsewhere in time, so we're having to wash and iron this item so that it looks presentable to our 7 yr old son, but are not happy with having to pay full price for such a privilege! This is the reason I don't usually purchase from private sellers on here. I usually purchase items only stocked and sold and shipped by Amazon because their customer service is unbeatable, and had this been purchased from Amazon directly, as opposed to someone selling on Amazon privately, they would have been able to send a replacement via one day shipping, and allowed me to return this item within 30 days, which would have been MUCH easier and much better, given the time constraints and weather, both of which were out of our control. I'll not make this mistake again - from now on I will purchase time sensitive and important items like this directly from Amazon, stocked, sold, and shipped!
on September 21, 2012
We ordered and received the deluxe robe that is fleece-like. The patch was missing from the robe--there was an outline where it had been glued, but it was missing. Without the patch, the robe isn't much to begin with. So, be advised that the patch itself may be embroidered, but it is not actually sewn onto the robe itself. Material was awful--second-rate fleece, that probably makes a Snuggie look high-end--it's thin and is the kind of fleece that "sticks" to itself, almost like felt. Lastly, the hood is lined and there is some 3" strip of pink/maroon-ish material on either side of the opening, but the entire inside of the robe is not lined. We returned the robe, and will simply sew our own.
on October 24, 2015
The robe itself is decently made - the sleeves seem evenly placed, the hood is where it should be, the seams all seem to be properly stitched & the emblem is a sewn-on embroidered patch.
I think its the general quality (or lack) of the materials that is irritating me. The "fleece" material that makes up the rob itself isn't really fleece, its a cheap polyester felt that feels like felt/thin fleece on the outside & nylon-knit on the inside.
Then there's the lining. Sigh... First off, its a long way from burgundy. Instead, its a sort of dusky rose pink in an even thinner, cheaper fake-fleece than the rest of the robe. Yes, the hood is fully lined with it, but the partial lining of the body of the robe is a 4.5" strip sewn on down each side. It doesn't lie flat or even stay inside the robe when its on. Maybe if I sew it to the robe along the inside edge..
For some reason. for a licensed Harry Potter product made in America, I thought that equated to some improved quality of design and materials, but I was wrong.
I hope my son doesn't mid wearing a pink-trimmed robe to his middle school Halloween dance on Monday...
review image
on August 4, 2015
I have not had a good experience. At first, I thought they were okay for the price point. But after further inspection, most of these either had a defect right out of package or within an hour of wear. I bought twelve of these and only two are relatively free of defects. It has raw edges - meaning it's just cut and there are no seams on the cuffs and bottom of robe. The maroon lining is just in the front - it's sewn in haphazardly. Some of the robes were sewn crookedly right on front so they bunched. Three robes had holes in the underarm right out of the package. I bought 12 of these for a child's party - and they all hung differently on hanger. I planned to use them for future parties but they aren't going to hold up. The Gryffindoor patch looks pretty good actually - but I thought they were stitched on - they aren't. There is stitching around patch but it is like an iron on. One of the patches was barely on when I got it. The robe itself - the ones that were worn - they had piling on them just after An hour of wear! They are not lined, they aren't fleece - a cheap poly product - but they are way to warm for inside parties and warm-blooded kids. Would work well for a cooler climate or cool Oct evening. The button closure is awful. Most of them fell apart in my hands. But closures are strange and were too hard for 9-10 year old to operate.

If you want this just to wear twice for Halloween - it'll make it - but if your wizard plans to actually wear it, or are big HP fans and have discerning taste - you might look for a click or two higher in quality. I sent ten of the twelve back with either holes, patch not attached or broken clasps. I'm sure the clasps will break on the two I kept. Be prepared to make fixes if you purchase this robe.
on October 26, 2015
Child Harry Potter Deluxe Costume Medium:

Packaging that robe came it states that the robe contains a clasp to keep it closed at the top. IT DOES NOT. I either have a faulty product or else I have been scammed and it was not the robe's original packaging. (See pictures)

The description for the deluxe packaging on Amazon states that the robe is fully lined, has a clasp and an embroidered crest. There is no lining. The robe is black fleece with maroon TRIM. The trim is fleece, not satin. NO CLASP as described on the Amazon description as well. I will have to sew something since the robe needs to be kept closed to not show that the trim in just sewn on the edges. It will look completely cheesy if left opened. The only thing correct is that there is an embroidered crest.

I feel jipped but there is nothing I can do to get a different product in time for school parties this week. I will have to sew my own clasp. I would not care but I paid extra for this inferior product over others because this product was grossly misrepresented.
review image review image
on October 21, 2015
We purchased this as a last minute costume for my son to wear to school on costume day. I was blown away by the quality. The cloak is thick, almost like a fleece blanket. It has a long hood (see the picture below), and looks great with the hood up or down. The clasp is really sturdy. My son wore it all day at school, and it held up wonderfully. He raved about how comfortable he was in his costume. I am so impressed with this costume, and would certainly buy similar items in the future.
review image review image