5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent subject for family dinner table discussion
Published on August 7, 2007 by NJ Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...but....
Published on December 17, 2007 by Victoria Goldenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent subject for family dinner table discussion, August 7, 2007
This review is from: Harry Potter and Torah (Paperback)
We thought Harry Potter and Torah is a very creative way to bring Jewish sources to the family dinner table....via the literary craze that has captured the imagination of so many of our children AND our contemporaries. The author has collected loads of interesting facts and stories from Torah and from other writings frm our religious heritage that the possibilities for conversation about them are endless!! My husband and I highly recommend this book!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...but...., December 17, 2007
This review is from: Harry Potter and Torah (Paperback)
It was a cute book but it was more Torah than Harry Potter. The chapters basically start off with a quote from Harry Potter and the rest of the chapter is just quotes from the Gemara, and other rabinical sources.Personally I felt that the book was incomplete because it gave so few Harry Potter connections. I think that I could five at lease 3 Torah relations to every Harry Potter chapter. The author could have expanded this book and made it great.It would've been also great if he could've related the valuable moral lessons in Harry Potter to the Torah especially because the Torah is all about moral lessons. Even the mishna and gemara is full of moral lessons. So all in all it was a good book but could be so much better. For the record, this review is coming from a girl who is educated in Torah, Navi, Gemara, Mishna and a whole other bunch of other Jewish texts, so my review is valid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter and the Torah, September 2, 2008
This review is from: Harry Potter and Torah (Paperback)
I bought this book as gift for a friend and they loved it. Personally i am not Jewish, but for my friend this book was right up his "alley"!

1.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter & Torah? Its reaching..., August 20, 2007
This review is from: Harry Potter and Torah (Paperback)
This book is an insult to Jews and the teachings of the torah. To try and create connections to the storylines and symbolism is reaching at best, heresy at worst. Its just a shameless selling of product.

Harry Potter and Torah
Harry Potter and Torah by Dov Krulwich (Paperback - February 26, 2007)
$19.95 $17.96