Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Harry Potter Years 1-6 Gift Set (Widescreen Edition)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 20% off the $59.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Harry Potter Years 1-6 Gift Set (Widescreen Edition)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE - The magical adventure begins when Harry Potter is invited to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS - Cars fly, trees attack and a mysterious house-elf warns Harry that he is in great danger as he returns for his second year at Hogwarts.
HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN - Harry must confront soul-sucking Dementors, outsmart a werewolf and learn the truth about the escaped prisoner of Azkaban – Sirius Black.
HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE - Harry must overcome a deadly dragon, fierce water demons and an enchanted maze only to find himself in the cruel grasp of He Who Must Not Be Named.
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX - When few believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, Harry must secretly train his friends for the wizarding war that lies ahead.
HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE - As Lord Voldemort tightens his grip on both Muggle and wizarding worlds, Harry and Dumbledore work to find the key to unlock Voldemort’s defenses.
(c) 2009 Warner Bros Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved. Harry Potter Publishing Rights (c) J.K.R
Top Customer Reviews
This set is certainly not for the collector as there is no bonus material whatsoever. This is fine for us as we generally never watch the second disc anyway. If you have been waiting to buy or are new to the series and you don't mind the lack of bonus material this set really makes it easy to start your collection.
If this does not describe what you are looking for then I suggest you do as the other reviewers have suggested and look elsewhere or wait till the complete set releases in several years. For what this product is however (all current movies/no frills), this is a great set.
W. Price has educated me that this review shows on the Blu Ray page for this movie as well. He has correctly noted the following.
"Just a note, since this review is cross-posted on the Blu-ray version: the Blu-ray discs *do* include some bonus features (deleted scenes, documentaries, etc.) accessible from the menu button. However, they're easy to miss because there is no title menu and the movie begins playing immediately."(W. Price Nov. 28, 2010 10:28 AM PST)
For clarifications sake, my reivew is of the DVD VERSION.
"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" includes the following bonus content: 7 Additional/Deleted scenes; BEHIND THE STORY -- Capturing the stone: casting and bringing the novel to life; Around the world multilanguage clip; Ghosts of Hogwarts; Yearbook character clips; Lessons in Quidditch and What it Takes to Hatch a Dragon Egg; and Theatrical trailers.
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" includes the following bonus content: 19 Deleted and extended scenes; BEHIND THE STORY -- Conversation with J.K. Rowling and screenwriter Steve Kloves; Lockhart's Classroom: view his certificates and required reading list; Behind Hogwarts - Building a Scene; Interviews with Students, Professors, and More - approximately 18 minutes of interviews with the cast; Year One at Hogwarts: a 2 minute look back at the first film; and the Theatrical trailer.Read more ›
1) This films in this set are NOT edited! A few reviews I've read have stated that entire scenes were cut out of the films. Sadly, they are mistaken. I loaded each DVD and compared its running time to the length of the original theatrical release (you can find the times on IMDb.com or Wikipedia). They're all the same +/- a few seconds. Not enough to edit out entire scenes. Moreover, each disc says "Disc 1 - Movie" showing us that Warner Home Video (the distribution company for Warner Bros.) didn't even bother to make new labels for this release. That means these are DVD pressings from the original DVD releases, just without the bonus disc of special features.
2) Some reviewers claim there isn't any menu. Yes there is. One of two things is happening: A) The DVD player is set to autoplay, or B) The discs have an autoplay code written in. Since I first loaded these on my Mac, the menu came up immediately. If you still don't think there's a menu, try this: press the menu button on your remote control. If that doesn't work, try new batteries. There's a menu. I'm looking at the menu for Sorcerer's Stone right now.
3) There ARE some special features, not "none" as other reviewers claim. Again, Warner Home Video just repackaged the movie discs from all the standalone releases, so whatever limited special features were on those discs are still there. Yes, that is lazy, but Warner Bros. is a business, not fan group, so they haven't the same respect for this stuff as we do. They want to move units, we want a good deal.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought these and order of the Phoenix is so damaged it isn't even recognized when we try to play it! So disappointed!!Published 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Ordered these in October and have been enjoying watching these DVDs. Unfortunately, I just discovered last night that the Order of the Phoenix disc skips constantly. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Was a little nervous when on film started in Spanish, but I quickly changed the languages. Great deal for your buck, cute gift set for HP fans. And I got it same day.Published 3 months ago by ENough
What can I say..The series had you waiting for more and I might add NOT patiently.Great movies!!! I don't know if you can wear a dvd out but if you can I will...Published 4 months ago by Barbara, Frank Culp
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|So are these the full movies or not?||
Well, I think some people are confused and /or have a bad memory. I just checked running time of theatrical releases for the first 6 films and total running time is 902 minutes. Total running time for this set is 904 minutes.
Nov 23, 2010 by Erik Kasa | See all 8 posts
|Fullscreen or Widescreen||
you have it backwards.... the original shape of the movie is wide screen, just like in the theatres.
when you watch the movie on a full screen (almost square) screen, they cut the image and you lost the left and right sides of the original image. in some cases, you are losing close... Read More
Jan 9, 2011 by Amazon Customer | See all 5 posts
|Amazon UK way less expensive||
Yes, I bought Harry Potter Years 1-6 blu-ray boxed set and Alien Anthology from Amazon UK. All are region free.
Jan 8, 2011 by JASON M | See all 6 posts
|Harry Potter year 1-6||
yes it is the 6 novies
Nov 30, 2009 by MarioKartWii3000 | See all 4 posts
|what movies are in the box set 1-6||
It is supposed to be the first six movies but the one we ordered only came with the first five for some reason. We had ordered it during the Black Friday week lightning deals. Anyone else have this problem?
Dec 16, 2010 by A. Ballstadt | See all 2 posts
|Subtitles||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Box Sets
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles