4.0 out of 5 stars Reap the fruits of your seeds., May 25, 2000
poetree "Author" (San Luis Obispo, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harvesting Your Journals : Writing Tools to Enhance Your Growth & Creativity (Paperback)
Ever wonder what to do with the stacks of filled journals you've filled? This book will lead you by the hand and gently help you to discover patterns in your life and offer suggestions to create a new story for your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars "DRAGONS HIDE THINGS, ESPECIALLY YOUR VOICE." A. Strickland, January 16, 2001
By A Customer
As a Literary Consultant I constantly look for inspirational texts to pass on to my clients so that they may improve their writings and journals. HARVESTING YOUR JOURNALS is a valuable tool for any writer, experienced or just starting out, male or female. I attended Alison Strickland's workshop at Skidmore College this year, held by The International Women's Writing Guild in August. Her methods are delightful and calming, bringing forth a new way of taking journaling to new heights. HARVESTING YOUR JOURNALS is a winner! I am looking forward to a sequel of this inspiring book. Literary Consultant-Trish Schiesser, Author of IDA'S RIDE and Editor of IN THE COMPANY OF WOMEN.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle reminder of who, what, where and why, November 4, 2012
In "Harvesting Your Journals: Writing Tools to Enhance Your Growth & Creativity," authors Rosalie Dear Heart and Alison Strickland have penned more than a "must read" book for journal writers who wonder over the point of the journey. By sharing approaches to self-reflection and analyzing their thoughts and actions as chronicled in private journals, they've shared techniques that offer positive potentials for finding guidance in the actions, thoughts, and patterns of our pasts. We're never lost as long as we're on the journey, but sometimes seeing old landmarks from new perspectives can help. "Harvesting Your Journals" offers those perspectives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful soul journeying book, November 29, 2013
Mary (Ypsilanti, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
Wonderful tips and insights on how to see myself in a gentler light. It helped me integrate my past selves revealed in old journals into who I am today. I've come to appreciate the beauty and perfection of it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guidance for identifying themes in your journals, March 9, 2013
Vicki (Hurstville, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
Over the years, I, like other avid journal writers, have written and accumulated journals spanning the years from childhood to now. This book is a great guide in tracking themes over the years and seeing patterns in one's writing and life events.

Rosalie and Alison let us into their hearts and life stories, giving us powerful examples on how to go about harvesting our own journals. I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in writing.

Harvesting Your Journals : Writing Tools to Enhance Your Growth & Creativity
Harvesting Your Journals : Writing Tools to Enhance Your Growth & Creativity by Rosalie Deer Heart (Paperback - February 1, 1999)
$15.95 $15.15