Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2012 2:35:24 PM PST
Drew says:
Actually finished more than one full season while playing EVERY game of the schedule? I've loved The Show and I've bought it every year since EA lost their baseball contract to 2K sports, but I've rarely made it past June of Year 1 in GM Mode and only once have I ever played enough MiLB games to make it to "The Show" in RTTS Mode as an end-of-year call-up (and, even then, I got sent back down a month later and had to work back up from AA).

If each game takes 30-45 minutes (GM Mode), and you play 162 games in a season, you're talking about over 100 hours of gameplay just to get to the postseason of Year 1 (compared to approx. 10 hours for a Madden/NCAA season or even 40-50 hours for an NHL season).

The graphics are always top-notch, the gameplay is great, but baseball's season is just too much for a video game...or is that just me?

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 4:36:00 AM PST
I am always able to play one, full 162 game schedule including playoffs, every year. I usually end up waiting to start the season until Operationsports releases the roster update with the full minor leagues. If you want the best baseball sim experience and own a PS3 (since exclusivity--made by Sony), this is it. This past year, I played one full season (with Red Sox), and am currently 100 games in using a "dream team."

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 11:58:15 AM PST
When I was younger (think Sega World Series Baseball) I used to play full seasons since I had the time. As I have aged I usually play one game from each series of the season. I still keep close tabs on what the team is doing and still have an affect on the outcome of the season. I find it much more manageable.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 12:34:43 AM PST
Every year I play through multiple seasons with my RTTS player. You have to remember to choose to only play when your character is involved and then depending on how long your at-bats and how many fielding plays you are involved in you can get through a game in about 10 minutes, unless you create a pitcher and then that is a different story but you don't have to worry about at-bats if you are in the AL.

I don't spend a lot of time playing franchise modes because I really enjoy developing my own player, though I have yet to play one long enough to be able to justify retiring and getting inducted into the HOF. I do usually end up playing at least one full season in franchise mode, though it takes me a while to get through, but I don't play every game either. One thing I have done in the past is only playing divisional games or specific series that will make a difference in playoff ranking, etc. That's still a lot of games, but those are really the only ones that will count in the end and you won't dedicate as much time to do it.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 3:37:39 PM PST
Drew says:
Those are some good ideas...I really like the "play 1 game of each series" suggestion. The only problem with that is that I'd hate to go 50-5 when I play only to have the computer go 10-100 when it plays (extreme example, I know, but you get the idea).

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 5:56:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 5:58:01 AM PST
B. B. says:
the best I've heard is play 3 out of 5 games that way you get to play with a variety of starting pitchers and simmed games don't make such a huge disparity. its a lot more games than 1 game of every series but its not the whole season. of course you can mix it up like play 6 games then sim 4 etc...

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 4:41:15 PM PST
Last time I played a full season was with Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run on the SNES. Now I play 90 something games top.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 9:51:54 AM PST
49er Larry says:
I try to play multiple seasons using the franchise mode and what I will do is one season only play away games and the next only play home games. This way you end up playing half the season and when playing on the road you get to see all the different stadiums.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 2:02:03 PM PST
Has anyone played a full career as a pitcher in RTTS mode? I'm about ten years in on my pitcher (I usually play when I'm on the treadmill, so it's a good workout), but I can't see getting to the end of my players career. I'm sure there's no payoff, no HOF ceremony, it's probably just anti-climatic, but I'd appreciate a heads up if anyone has actually finished the RTTS mode. PS. I won 30 games in this last season and received absolutely no training points for it. I've never pitched a no-hitter. Batting is pretty tough for me. I'm barely batting .300... I always make sure to play for a National League team. After about year 3, the points stay at 9,999... It's good for trying out different combos of pitches. Right now I have fastball, 2 seamer, knuckleball, SCV, circle change... YES, I need a life!

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 9:46:46 AM PST
I've made it through midway of the 2nd season in franchise mode. I play one game every series. It's a lot of playing, but it seems to work pretty well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
MLB 12 The Show - Playstation 3
MLB 12 The Show - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (308)