Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 78 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 9:28:28 AM PST
A.J. says:
Has anyone's copy shipped? With Veteran's Day on Monday (no mail) I wonder how does Amazon plan on delivering the game on Tuesday (for those of us with 2 days shipping).

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:35:16 AM PST
CSprings says:
I believe they'll be shipped via FedEx or UPS, not the Postal Service.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:26:03 PM PST
Andrew says:
Hey guys, I'm not sure, but after doing some research, I found out that Amazon ships orders on the release date. So if you chose two-day shipping, then you'll get game Nov, 15th.

When I pre-ordered the game, about a month ago, they had two day shipping, and delivery estimate date was the same day it's released. However, after checking today (11/10) it now has the One-day shipping option. When I chose it, just to see, it says, "Estimate delivery date: The Day It's Released."

So, have they changed it? I'm not sure, but if you want the game the day it come out, I think you have to choose One day Shipping.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:00:25 PM PST
So for the people who paid the extra for 2-day shipping. If it says it will be delivered on the 13th, will it? Due to the postal service and most shipping companies being closed Monday, what will happen??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:19:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 5:22:45 PM PST
Andrew says:
Ok so according to UPS's Website, Hours of Operation, they will open Monday (Veterans Day), "In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed" and Veterans day falls under that category.

If people paid for the 2-day shipping, and it said that you'll receive the game the 13th (day it's released) then Amazon should've shipped the game on Friday. If they ship it Monday, then that's One Day Shipping to get it the next day.

Go to your account, and check your open orders, view the order details, and see what it says. That should help. However, I believe they will begin to ship stuff Monday, possibly Tuesday.,

Also, I just checked, and Amazon is offering One-Day Shipping for next 45 hours. When I continued to checkout, I clicked on the One Day Shipping, and it says that the delivery estimate date for one day shipping is Nov 13th (release date). After clicking 2-say shipping, the delivery estimate date changed to Nov 15th.

So yeaaa, I guess you have to pay for one-day shipping to get it on Tuesday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:22:53 PM PST
A.J. says:
I did some research and as CSprings posted most likely the game will be shipped by FedEx or UPS, which are open for business on Monday. People that preordered while 2 day shipping was offered (release day delivery will get it on Tuesday). The one day option changed on Friday around 3 PM CST, since I would assume that was Amazon's cut off for 2 day release delivery. At this point from what it looks like, Amazon will have to ship the 2 day orders via 1 day at their expense to make sure we get it on Tuesday. If I do not get my game on Tuesday I will be contacting customer service for a refund on 2 day shipping (release day delivery when I placed the preorder) since I paid $8.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:43:14 PM PST
Thank you Andrew and A.J... For those of us who pre-ordered and picked 2 day shipping, should get it Tuesday from what I understand..

I cant wait to get the game. Been waiting for months now. haha

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:23:16 PM PST
M. Barrow says:
i cnt wait either! chose 1-day, so it shuld b waiting 4 me to play it Tuesday after i get home from school @ 2:45. SO EXCITED!!!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:43:05 PM PST
B. Scott says:
Ok I originally pre-ordered this back in like September. The best shipping option they had was Two-day shipping (get it on release day). I have Amazon Student so I get to use that option for free. Anyways, been looking at some of the comments here, so I went and checked on my order invoice thingy. It still says two-day shipping, and it still says estimated delivery date: November 13th, 2012. So that's good. However, the option to change it one-day shipping bothers me...makes me feel like I won't get it on the 13th now unless I change it to one-day shipping.

Oh well, like A.J. said, if I don't get my game on release day, I am definitely contacting customer service (even though my shipping method is free) because if you're like me and chose two-day shipping awhile back (which meant getting it on release day), that should not change.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:49:30 PM PST
I'm a Prime member and mine is the default two-day shipping with a delivery estimate of November 13.

It has not shipped yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:45:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 9:00:08 AM PST
Mega says:
I paid for 2 day shipping a while ago and it says Nov 13. I guess it has to do with location. I'll have to inquire with amazon to make sure I get it day one.

Update: Seems the amazon rep said in chat, they're out of stock and can't ship yet(at least of the hardened edition). But the rep told me I would get the game on release day. I'm guessing anyone else who did the 2 day shipping early will also get it on release day.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:59:44 AM PST
Quick update for everybody. If your in the same boat as me (picked 2 day shipping) worry no more! I opened a chat session with a rep. from Amazon and after asking a few questions and learning a few things, they are more than willing to upgrade the orders to 1 day shipping for free, to make sure you receive your item on the original day as we were told (13Nov). SO if your worrying about not getting it Tuesday with the 2day shipping. Just send them a chat message and they'll take care of it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:25:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 9:27:36 AM PST
A.J. says:
I contacted customer service just like Kerry did and they ensured me that I would get the game on Tuesday. Following is the chat between the customer service and I...

You are now connected to Praveen from Amazon.com.
Me:When I purchased the game it said to select 2 day shipping for release day delivery. It's Sunday and my order hasn't shipped yet. How does Amazon plan on delivering the game on Tuesday, November 13 with 2 day shipping when there is only 1 day left and my order hasn't shipped. I want to make sure I receive the game on release day, which is Tuesday; after all that's what I paid $8 for (2 day shipping; release day delivery).
Praveen:Hello, my name is Praveen. I'll be happy to help you.
As I can see your order is already enter in the shipping process it will be shipped out soon and you will get it by Nov 13nd
Me:Thanks
Praveen:Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:No that's it; thanks. I just wanted to make sure my game gets here on Tuesday.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:34:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 9:35:24 AM PST
Andrew says:
Just like Kerry and A.J, I also contacted them and they said the exact same thing. However, they said that for those who placed their order before last week and chose two day shipping will get the game on Tuesday, Nov, 13th.

If you ordered this weekend and chose one day shipping then you will also get the game on the release and be charged for it. If you chose two day shipping, you will get it two days later. That's what he said to me. Reason, they're trying to get those who pre-ordered the game months ago first, and then for those who ordered them just recently.

I'm pretty sure that they'll begin shipping by tonight, if not, I'm sure by tomorrow! Can't wait, haha! I'll let you guys know!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:48:37 AM PST
B. Scott says:
Just had a discussion about this with the live chat Amazon customer service thing, it's kind of long but here it is:

Paul R:Hello Benjamin, Im Paul. I'll be glad to help you with your questions regarding the arrival of your purchase!
Me:Cool, thanks.
So over like 2 months ago back in September, I pre-ordered Black Ops 2.
And the best shipping method they had at the time was 'two-day shipping (get it on release day)'
I chose that, however now I'm seeing that there's another option that says 'one-day shipping' and it's bothering me.
Now I'm not sure if I should switch to that or not.
Paul R:I understand Benjamin and Im so sorry about this delivery issue you are experiencing but allow me a moment while I check your order and also about the delivery options available for you. Please hold while I get this information for you
Me:Ok.
Paul R:Thank you Benjamin
Benjamin, one quick question, You say you saw the one-day-shipping option. Where did you see that option? Just for me to have this information as a refence
Me:Yup. So I went to my account. Signed in. Then I went to my orders page where it shows all the orders I've placed.
And
Where it shows my Black Ops 2 order, there's a drop down box that says "Available Actions". When you click it, you can do things like "Track package", "Change Payment Method", "Cancel Items", etc.
And one of the things you can do is "Change Shipping Speed"
So I clicked on Change Shipping Speed and it shows the list of shipping speeds they have and now there is one-day shipping.
Paul R:I understand Benjamin. Thanks for this information. Let me work with it here. Please bear with me a moment
Me:Ok.
Paul R:Thank you for holding Benjamin. Based on the information I have here about the shipping speed option; this is one of the available shipping methods you can opt to in case to want this item to be delivered to you once the item is shipped out. Now, if you decided to take this one-day-shipping method, the shipping fee will change since this is an upgrade for your order. Based on what I have here, the delivery date for your game is going to be on Nov 13, 2012, so we're still on time.
Me:Yup exactly, when I view my order details, it still says the estimated delivery date is Nov 13th, 2012 even though I don't have the one-day shipping method.
I just wanted to make sure that even though I still have the two-day shipping method, that I'd get my game on Nov 13th without having to switch to one-day.
Paul R:I understand Benjamin. And yes, based on the annotations here on my system, we are still on time for the delivery date of this awesome game. You dont have to switch for a new shipping method
Me:Ok well thanks then. That was all I wanted to know.
Paul R:Cool! Benjamin, is there anything else I can do for you?
Me:Nope. That was it. Thank you though.
Paul R:My pleasure Benjamin. Take care
Me:Thanks you too.

So yes, I'm assuming that for anyone else who pre-ordered this game awhile ago, (before the one-day shipping option was available, when two-day still said get it on release day) you will also still be getting the game sometime on Nov 13th. Hope that clears things up!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:30:17 PM PST
I had a similar conversation to the others on here. I certainly hope it comes on Tuesday but I've never had something ship one day and arrive the next without one day shipping. I also flat out asked him if I would get my money back for the shipping if it doesn't arrive on Tuesday and he skirted around it saying he would call me back on Friday to discuss a return or replacement if it didn't arrive on time. So there might be trouble with that. But I guess as long as it gets here by Thursday I wont have that much of a problem with it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:17:18 PM PST
Zonedout559 says:
i just got mine saturday, can't say how i got it but the game is awesome

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:36:43 PM PST
Andrew says:
LOL. I don't believe you got yours Saturday ok.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:42:20 PM PST
Zonedout559 says:
why you laughing i got mine i can't play online yet but the story mode is great.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:57:36 PM PST
Jon A. Jones says:
Anyone's order still say Not yet shipped? I ordered mine October 11th two-day shipping for $8. My guess is it will ship sometime tonight, in the morning, or tomorrow afternoon. What do you guys think? Please help thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:58:22 PM PST
Hmm are you sure? What does your estimate date of delivery say?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:00:45 PM PST
Jon A. Jones says:
It says Delivery Estimate: Tuesday November 13, 2012 but i dont know im kinda worried.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:08:06 PM PST
Zonedout559 says:
monday is a holiday, you spent 8 dollars for shipping why didn't you pre order it at target for a dollar and they release it at 12:01 am

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:11:15 PM PST
Jon A. Jones says:
Well I just want it at my doorstep on the 13th. If it's not here on the 13th then can I call and get my $8 back? It still says Not yet shipped. i dont know what to do.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:14:00 PM PST
A.J. says:
no tax in IL :) /plus $5 movie credit & I'm working on Tuesday. If I'd be off, I would've bought it midnight at Walmart, etc.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  78
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PlayStation 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PlayStation 3 by Activision Inc. (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,793)