4.0 out of 5 stars Nice But With Flaws
Trouble is a fun game for kids and adults alike. Counting the pieces movement can help younger children with their counting skills. Minor strategy is also useful. Milton Bradley really came up with something special when they introduced "popomatic" a dice roller that wouldn't let you lose the dice.

This travel version has some nice features but a serious...
Published on July 22, 2005 by Joshua Koppel

3.0 out of 5 stars Slight disappointment
The best thing about this game is the size and that it has a cover. Otherwise, game pieces are too small for me and not comfortable to use. I prefer the standard Trouble game which is great fun.
Published on November 11, 2011 by Capigist

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice But With Flaws, July 22, 2005
Joshua Koppel (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)

This travel version has some nice features but a serious flaw. The size is nice (about 5 inches square). The cover stays firmly attached but comes off easily when done right. The pieces are pegs that fit into holes and each color has an extra peg (a nice feature in a game with small parts). Yes, this is a travel edition so it does have small parts. If your kids can't handle small parts then you might want to avoid this one.

But the real problem is the popomatic feature in the center of the board. Unlike its larger cousin, this one is very hard to push. Both of my kids need help and they are strong for their ages. My wife and I help them or we provide other dice (which defeats the idea of the popomatic feature.

It is a fun game and the price and size make it desirable but the popomatic feature may cause trouble for many buyers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel toy great for small spaces, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
When we travled from the West Coast to the South we needed some easy travel toys for our 4 yr old daughter. While this should be played with another adult, she found it to be fun and entertaining. Bumpy rides in the car are not so good for this toy, better for the hotel room or stationary places. The pieces can get bumped out of their spaces pretty easily. Otherwise, great toy for a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, September 5, 2009
Beth A. Hood (Jeannette, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
This product is definitely not as good as the original full size game, but if you need a smaller size version it will fulfill your "trouble" craving!

4.0 out of 5 stars Game full of fun and a wonderful way to spend productive time together., May 20, 2014
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
My young son enjoyed this game so much. It was perfect for his age at the time I bought it. Many laughs and good times

5.0 out of 5 stars children love this!, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
This item is great for children in a car! Keeps them occupied and they do not argue as much. Perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
Great size and package design. The only problem is that the bubble you pop sometimes delays and will pop the pieces in play out of their spots. I am hoping that, after some use, the bubble will snap back more easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Fun, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
I bought this for my grandson for an upcoming trip. I loved this game as a kid, my children enjoyed it and now my grandsons like playing it. It's a good investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
I rated this a 4 although I was disappointed. The description led me to believe that it was not as small as it was. My 8 year old Grandson said that he already had the game but in a slightly smaller version. We did play it until there was a winner but then he was bored. Next time I will pay closer attention to the age group. However, it is a good car/travel item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful game, Travel version is a Handy Dandy for all., March 30, 2013
M. E. Belanger (Scottsdale, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
WARNING:
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs. (As stated on Product page)

No complaints with this product.

Was raised myself w/ a variation of this game called Aggravation.

Changed rules a bit to speed up play, especially for young people (children).

To choose who has first roll for starting the game, players roll the die, high roll plays first. Choosing rolls of the die may not be taken as moves on the board.
Rolling turns rotate clockwise from first player.

Roll a 1 or a 6 player may take a peg from base to player's start space on board. (at players discretion)
Roll a 1 or a 6, take an extra roll up to 3 times.
Roll a 4, move one peg 4 spaces backwards. (Handy and a strategy if peg is to the left of Home entrance 4 spaces or less. Ie., said peg does NOT need to go all the way around the board to enter the Home section. Pegs in Home section are excluded from this rule.)
Pegs in Home section may not be moved to top space available if die shows more than spaces necessary to reach the top spot available. (Ie., if 2 spaces are available to reach top available spot, rolling a 3 or higher won't get you there.)
Cannot jump or pass your own peg with another of your own.
Land your peg on same space as an opponent's peg, opponent's peg returns to it's base.
If a player rolls a 1 or a 6 which can not be used w/ a peg move, no extra turn. (Altho, I cannot think of a situation where a 1 cannot be used.)

I think that about covers the rules played in our family.
Sons were raised w/ this game, not only fun, but also a good teaching method of sportsmanship.

Has sent this game as gifts to my son's families and families of friends.

AND, I still have the original Trouble Travel Game which I purchased around 25 years ago w/ all the original pieces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old Trouble, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Hasbro Travel Trouble Game (Toy)
It's a fun game as it was years ago. My grandchildren are enjoying it now as my children did many years ago..

Hasbro Travel Trouble Game