5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game for our whole family.
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars power problem?
Published 20 months ago by mom and dad to many

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game for our whole family., November 19, 2013
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
Love this game - the reason I bought it was because of its ranking on Board Game Geek .com, and I am so glad that I did. The game requires minor assembly (it is made to be taken apart for storage each time), and the application of some stickers. Once that is done - put in some batteries and start to play; the only real requirement for good gameplay is a flat hard surface. If you try and set it up on something soft, or un-even, Louie might not have the chance to hit some chickens, and/or will always be hitting chickens. As Louie flies around and nears your coup, you must elevate him by wacking him with your paddle. The paddle tip can be turned wide for easier play, or narrow for a challenge. If you make contact with Louie it send him flying upwards, and depending on the strength of your 'wack', he may do loops and change direction wildly, or simply loft up a bit, just clearing your opponents paddle and scoring a hit on their chicken. So with practice you really can play with finesse and some strategy. That said, when its my wife and I, and our four and six year old - we have a blast just smashing away! Games rarely last for more than 5 minutes a go. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally able to find Loopin Louie!, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
Finally! We have been looking for this game for ages because it's #1 for kids on boardgamegeek - a site we find recommends fantastic games. I got our copy from ToysRus at a better price... My kids: 3, 5, 7, 8 have been playing this non-stop with me and the laughing is contagious. Has held up so far to about 4hrs of play time. Fantastic game for all ages. Good mix of luck (mostly) and skill (you can get fairly good at directing the plane). The object is to protect your three chicken from the plane knocking them down; while at the same time trying to direct the plane toward other barns. Very, very fun. Rounds last only a few minutes and you play again and again and again. Seems like quality parts, needs batteries to make the plane fly, but very quietly. Once you get all the stickers on and assemble the first time the repeat set-up time is almost nil. Definitely a winner in our house.

1 year later: I have just had to change the batteries for the first time ever. And this game continues to be a favorite, played at least once a week or so. I have recommended this game and purchased several as gifts. We love it! A favorite from the four year old up to the 40 year old!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun with the kids, May 30, 2013
Rich Eyrish (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
Great family game. I played an earlier version of this game with some friends and knew immediately that my kids would like it and they do. My three year old understands the basic idea and has fun.

After playing and earlier version I don't think this one is exactly the same. The chickens don't fall as easily so no matter how hard my kids hit the paddle it does not seem to make the chickens fall. I thought that hitting too hard making your own chickens fall was an interesting part of the game the first time I played it. Another problem is that you can keep the lever pressed and the plane will always pass over the chickens. The rules say this is not allowed but that is hard for young children to understand while they are playing a fast game like this.

3.0 out of 5 stars power problem?, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
We had a Looping Louie game years ago and loved it ~ big and little people alike. On and off, over the past few years, we've looked to replace the game and were thrilled when we found it on Amazon for a reasonable price. The game is the same, but the motor is weak. We can barely get through one game (with new batteries) before it's going ridiculously slow ~ which is sad, because with our previous game, we were able to play rounds before we tired of it for the day. This new Looping Louie tires of playing long before we tire of playing it.
Really, 3 stars is generous, but I have such fond memories of the game from when my oldest kids were little, I couldn't give it less. and maybe we just got a lemon??

4.0 out of 5 stars Loopin' Louie by TCG, not Looping Louie, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
Yes, it's really hard to tell what you'll receive based on the description. To be specific, the game I received was Loopin' Louie, manufactured in China by TCG under license by Sente Co., Toronto. It's fine and seems somewhat durable. The pieces might break if snapped together/apart carelessly, but that's true of anything plastic. Given this game's reputation, I'm thinking the original might give better gameplay -- quieter, faster, loopier?

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun family game, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
I bought this game because I wanted to start getting my 3-year old into playing board games, and had read good reviews about this one. Turns out they were right! This game is loads of fun! Unfortunately, my 3-year old hasn't quite yet grasped the motor skills needed to hit Louie as he comes around, but she's getting there! And she enjoys the game nonetheless. She's always asking to play it. The game's also a big hit with adults as well. You can just tell it's a well-designed, and well thought out game. The components certainly aren't groundbreaking in their build, but they are nice and sturdy, and everything fits together nicely. You can tell a lot of thought was put into everything, which is refreshing to see from a kid's game, where they are usually just pushed out as fast and cheaply as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 1/2 year old lovers it, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
My 3 1/2 year old just loves to play it. He asks for it all the time. Very easy for him to learn how to play. Plus we brought it out at his 4 year old birthday party and all the other kids (ages 3-6) loved playing also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best drinking game ever, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
Most people in the States may not know of Looping Louie. I purchased LL and played it all night at the lake house; Everyone had a great time.Probably will have it out for the Halloween party.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun Super Easy Game, November 21, 2014
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
Super Fun Super Easy Game!!! We played this at a convention and searched all over for it and we knew Amazon would have it! basically it's a great family fun night game or even older kids or adults would have fun with this if your a game board kind of person or collector as it is a one of a kind game. You use flippers to bump the little flying plane away from knocking down your chickens (taking your chicken tokens) The game has a battery operated little plane that loops around the game, that tries to knock down your chicken tokens (you get 3 chicken tokens each player. It is a 4 player game. This is a classic that we pull out for a quick family game and we all enjoy playing it. This ones an original unique game that is fast playing fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Hasbro version, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Looping Louie (Toy)
I ordered this game as a replacement for one that broke after a few uses. I thought I was getting the Hasbro version "Looping Louie" but got the knockoff "Loopin' Louie" manufactured by TCG. The box had been opened but the parts are new in the bags without the decals attached. My previous broken game was also the Loopin' Louie by TCG and the motor did not last long. As fun as this game is, it is not worth the money.

Looping Louie