5.0 out of 5 stars Very up to date Trivial Pursuit edition
My friends invited me over for Trivial Pursuit but we had burned out our 80s, 90s, and various Genus editions. I saw this one on Amazon and picked it up. We were not disappointed. We found the questions had a good mix of both old a VERY new (some about events within the last year) topics and subjects.

The new design of the pie wedges is nice as well, so you...
Published on August 12, 2010 by Tarkus697

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not enough
Published on November 10, 2010 by Emily Keith

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not enough, November 10, 2010
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
I have always enjoyed Trivial Pursuit, and I am glad to have an edition that is newer than 1982.... but when I unwrapped the packaging, I was a little disappointed in how few cards came with the game. The card boxes are smaller than those of the older editions, and yet the cards hardly fill them. It is a very obvious ploy for the consumer to purchase more card packs, which rubs me the wrong way. The gameplay itself is as good as any other Trivial Pursuit, though, in that there are certain answers which seem to come up repeatedly, and the question-writing is sometimes silly. However, we will continue to play it on game night every week, because it's still the best way to play trivia at home with a bunch of people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very up to date Trivial Pursuit edition, August 12, 2010
Tarkus697 (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)

The new design of the pie wedges is nice as well, so you don't have to hold the "pie crust" upside down in your hand to get the wedges out at the end of a game.

We didn't use the timer, but it could definitely make for a quicker game.

The only gripe we had was that the usual color of brown for the Literature questions has been replaced with purple and on the "wedge" spots on the board, purple and pink (Entertainment) looked a little to close in color.

But overall, I don't regret this purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars American Pop Culture gets a new home., August 14, 2011
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
If your favorite shows are Entertainment Tonight and the nightly news, then this edition is for you. Some categories are well rounded like sports or science and nature. But everything else is a pop culture bombardment, history especially has little else to do with other then recent American politics. Overall, I hate it.

I didn't realize that "What St. Louis Rapper named his crew the St. Lunatics" was a Geography question...

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, another classic Trivial Pursuit!, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
I'm thrilled to have this version of the game! It's so up to date and amazing. My husband and I can't stop playing.

They do need to work on the following in the next incarnation: MORE CARDS PLEASE. After only 6 games, we covered both packs of cards! And quite a few questions are WAY too easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different but fun!, January 27, 2012
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
I got this game for my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas. We all enjoy playing Trivial Pursuit and were excited to try out the new version of the game with new questions and a TIMER! Where the questions are concerned, we thought that they were phrased a lot better and were easier to understand. It also felt good to be able to know some of the answers just because I lived through the time period in question. The timer is also nice because it gives everyone a very specific time limit and makes the game go a bit faster. When we first tried the timer, we were a bit skeptical because it was almost like the jeopardy song in terms of the sound effect. But we got used to it and came to appreciate it. Another thing that we had to get used to was the reformatting of the cards. They changed the colors and made it so you had to flip the cards a different way to read the answers. Which was something I was willing to get used to. The only thing that disappointed all of us was the fact that they gave us so few cards. My sister-in-law made the point that if they made the boxes smaller we wouldn't have noticed. But each box is filled about half-way. How disappointing is that!?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Trivial Pursuit, August 1, 2011
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
We are enjoying the updated version of Trivial Pursuit. Our daughter (for whom the game was purchased) enjoys it more than the old version because more questions pertain to events/facts that have occurred during her lifetime (she is 23). My husband has a wealth of trivia from years ago and always won when we played the former version. Now our daughter and I have a much better chance against him. I do agree with other comments I have heard that the colors on the board, especially the blue versus green and pink versus orange are somewhat hard to distinguish. However, other than that, we are very pleased with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
Kudos to Hasbro! I have been waiting for a new version of Trivial Pursuit with questions that appeal to different generations and this game fits the bill.

I also am pleased that Hasbro continues to manufacture a high quality game. Many times toy companies start to cut corners by manufacturing flimsier and flimsier boards and game pieces. Hasbro uses the same sturdy board and card boxes. They have redesigned the wedges so that the wedges cannot get stuck in the movers ("pies" to us). They also have included a timer if you are so inclined to use one. We have not used the timer because half the fun of this game is one team discussing the questions and the other team rolling their eyes, complaining about how much time they are taking and remarking how *anyone* could answer the question with the time they are taking. Peer pressure usually limits the discussion time. You get the picture!

My only suggestion would be for Hasbro to redesign the timer so that one does not have to hunt down a phillips screw driver to install/change the battery. That is just my personal preference though.

I would recommend this game to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
One does get the classic trivial pursuit experience with this product, but it is way overpriced.

On the positive side, they have not messed with the basic formula much. The only noticeable changes in game-play come from the inclusion of a cheap timer and some questions having tiny little pictures associated with them. Frankly, I could have done without either innovation.

On the negative side, I could not find this product being sold for less than $90, which is far too much money in my opinion. Also, it seems that Hasbro will no longer sell just the updated questions, which is aggravating since my family already owns a couple of boards. My biggest complaint is that the number of questions included with this edition is down by about thirty percent from the oldest editions, making it an even worse value at over $90.

1.0 out of 5 stars 500 Cards??!?, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
I am disgusted with this product. For $40, I have to say, I was expecting more than 3 games without seeing repeated questions. The two boxes for the cards are small to begin with, but they aren't even filled up all the way with the included card "packs", Back when the Genus series was still around, you could count on dozens of consecutive games without seeing the same question twice. On contacting Hasbro with my concerns, I mentioned that I would be willing to purchase more cards for this edition, but was informed in a very brush-off manner that they do not exist, and that I should: "wait for more product updates and releases from Hasbro" Well, let me tell you, this is the last time I ever purchase a Hasbro product, until they stop being cheap on their games, and include enough cards to ensure re-playability. What a freaking joke.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was good, needed more cards, November 22, 2012
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Master Edition (Toy)
I thought for trivial pursuit it was an awesome addition, i only give it a 3 because it was lacking in cards. We finished all the cards on our 3rd or 4th play through.

Trivial Pursuit Master Edition