Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on November 1, 2010
This is the same game you think it is. But, the card faces have changed a lot. That should be no problem at all. However, with the changed faces it's important to turn the cards right side up to read them. Unfortunately, the faces can't be read when holding them normally in your hand either upside-down or right-side up. In many cases you see nothing at all on the cards when you hold them normally fanned out in one hand.

And it doesn't seem to matter where you get them or what name was on the box (Hasbro or any other name) these appear to be the only new cards available.

So, my review. The game is fun. I've liked it since it came out originally.
THESE CARDS HOWEVER ARE GARBAGE. Whoever designed the faces on these cards didn't play cards. I kept them and will use them until I can get one of the original decks.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2010
This is the same game I grew up with. I enjoyed it as a kid and still do. We recently went on a boat trip in France with some friends so I brought this along for fun. The one thing I was disappointed in, however, is the change in the illustrations. The originals were far better than the new ordinary ones. Shame. Otherwise, fun family game.
on April 12, 2012
I really wish I would've gotten a good look at the actual cards before buying this game. It is a really fun game but a lot of it was about the nostalgia for me.
My mom had the classic deck with the English and French titles. We would love practicing our French while playing, throwing down cards and crying "CREVE!!" or "REPARATIONS!" and of course "COUP-FOURRE!!" while smoking Gitans and eating cheese. OK, maybe not the last part. But we did play a lot and I loved having a game that connected me to my French heritage.

With this deck the cards have been redesigned and completely lacked the French words. J'ai été très déçue... mais c'est la vie.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2010
This was a game that I played growing up. I can remember the aunts and uncles sitting around the table playing, and how excited the we the grandchildren were to get old enough to play. Now I play with my grown son and his wife. We have a blast and I hope that we can continue and pass on the tradition of spending time playing games and having family fun in the future.
on January 21, 2013
This was disappointing, I wanted our next generation to enjoy shouting "Coup ferre!" when they slammed down a card and the game is suddenly in English!

I am giving this away and looking for another French-language set. Boo Hasbro for dumbing down the game!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2012
Product is good. Worth the money.
The product came quickly. I would recommend this game.
I am just writing words to fill the rest of the review that it requires.
Please only pay attention to the first little bit of the comment.
on December 28, 2010
I'd been playing this game since I was little with my grandma so it's got sentimental value but it's also a great game to teach kids counting and strategy skills. In order to win you must get a certain about of points but its difficult when you are getting stopped by types of road blocks throughout the game. You have to figure out which cards you want to keep in your hand in order to possibly cure your "car" and still have the right cards to earn you points. It's a lot of fun for the family!
on December 22, 2010
Old card game I used to play up at the cottage. Lots of fun for all ages, and can be played with 2-6 players, alone or in teams. Players need a green light to start the game and they race to 1000 miles by collecting points and giving stop lights and obstacles to other players. A must for anyones game collection or an interesting change for all those card lovers.
on January 7, 2012
This game is nice for its ability to be played as a single player (for 2, 3 and 5 players) or as teams (for 4 and 6 players). It's a fun game that anyone over the age of about 8 could enjoy. Maybe it's just me, but it took longer than usual to figure out the rules for the game and during our trial run game we had to reference the rule sheet nearly every turn and all of us playing are well-educated, smart, common sense oriented people. For the second actual play round we had to reference the rules here and there, but from there it went relatively smooth and those of us playing all said it was a nice change from Uno. It's a fairly quick play game and though the rules state that you have to reach exactly 1000 miles to win, you could make it different by having a win achieved by the first person/team reaching 1000 miles without having to be exact, "drive" a higher number of miles or through the highest score at the end of whatever amount of rounds you choose. Make sure you have adequate room in front of you to have areas to place up to 6 different cards - works fine at a kitchen table or card table, but probably wouldn't work very well using a small side table or TV table. I also own a card tray available through Amazon that works well with this game - 2 Deck Rotating-Revolving Card Tray.

In a nutshell, each player has 6 cards at all times during the game and always draws a card on their turn. You need a Go card to get started, need to hope you don't have hazards (flat tire, repairs) imposed on you by other players and if you do hope that you obtain the necessary card to overcome the hazard quickly (you'll also need to have a Go card to proceed), need to hope that other players don't impose a speed limit (meaning you can't use point cards that are over 50) and score the exact 1000 miles (if playing by customary rules). There are nice reminder cards to reference throughout the game, but keep the rule sheet handy until you've played this a number of times and really have the hang of it.
on May 11, 2013
I grew up playing Mille Bournes with elementary school friends. It was originally a card game with some French, (Mille meaning 1000 in French) of race cars competing to accumulate 1000 bournes (a measurement of distance). Cards are 25, 50, 75, 100, and 200 bournes. The first to accumulate exactly 1000 wins.

Obstacles along the way include flat tire, out of gas. Players compete to steal cards from other players.

There is more chance than strategy involved in the game play (although you do have some strategic cards that can destroy a player who is close to winning). It is appropriate for kids who can add simple arithmetic.

There is a lot of excitement as the number cards accumulate for individual players. We have played this game a lot as a family. However, our children grow tired of it after one or two games. It is more a game to pass time rather than a very stimulating game. Rules are easy to learn, but fairly standard.

And I agree, the old graphic designs are more elegant and beautiful.

See 1 answered question