Bop It Bounce
Price:$16.00 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The product description lays out the various games the Bop It Bounce is capable of pretty well. The controls are simple and can be figured out through a little trial and error without having to crack open the instructions. Some people find the "announcer's" voice annoying, but kids and I don't mind it.

I enjoy playing with this toy as much or more so than my 6 and 10-year old children. My 6-year old daughter is not that good at it yet, but the aim of this toy is to build up motor-skills so that's just fine. My older son's (in the video) coordination is better and he plays with it for about half and hour at a time. It is not an every day toy, but we enjoy it when we break it out. Our favorite games are Infinite Bounce and Max Bounce. I currently hold the high score for both (grin). The other games are enjoyable too, and Free For All is goofy with it's variety of sound effects.

So far it has held up well. The batteries are still strong and there are no signs of wear. It has been dropped a few times but is still ticking. The red ball that comes with it is rather light, so if lost, replacing it with a tennis ball is not a good option. Also, be sure to keep the cloth upper surface was from sharp objects. If it is ripped or torn, you may as well thrown the game out.

If you want a fun toy that helps improve the eye-hand coordination of your youngsters and want to get them up and moving, the Bop It Bounce is a great option.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon August 19, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was really expecting this to be one of those "play with it once and never touch it again" toys. But I was really searching for something that the family could play indoors while getting some exercise given the heat here lately has been horrible and not friendly to outdoor activities. I was actually very surprised to see how much fun everyone had with this, not just the kids but myself and my boyfriend, even my parents! My mom and dad were fighting for a turn! We had to leave it at their house for a week to let them play with it. ;) Even my boyfriend and I found ourselves having competitions to see who could score the highest. It's surprising just how competitive this game becomes! A few times we were all laughing hysterically as we tried to make the one with the ball lose control and then racing across the room to snatch it when it finally fell. Good times and good exercise!

The handled unit is very durable as well. It's held up to plenty of rough play in the last month. I was worried about the screen on the top tearing, but all for naught because it's held up perfectly. The wrist strap which duos as a holder for the ball when not in use was a nice addition. It also important to mention that the sensitivity of this thing is amazing! It can register the softest of taps so you don't have to hit the ball with all your might to make it count, all you need to do is let the ball rise and fall. It works great and the screen on top has plenty of bounce! No worries about the ball hurting anyone or damaging the house because it is extremely lightweight. Even when my nephew was getting a little rough and throwing it fairly hard and he accidentally got my 5-year-old in the back of the head, he didn't even flinch. The different modes are also very entertaining as well. They are all fairly similar but they range from who can get the highest bounce to who can get the most bounces within the time limit to who can last the longest. I was pleased that there is a mode that younger kids can enjoy as well which just plays random silly sounds when bounced.

It's really been a lot of fun for our whole family and given us quite a workout at the same time. You really can't play this game competitively from your chair! You have to get up and move to get those high scores. Tons of fun and highly recommended!! :)
VINE VOICEon August 14, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This game started out fun, but it gets old pretty quick. How many ways can you bounce a ball? This game actually has quite a few and each of them are enjoyable for a little while. The saved high scores keep you playing longer than you normally would as each player tries to beat the other's high scores. My young daughters did not really enjoy it, but I can see it helping with hand-eye coordination if they actually wanted to play with it more than a few minutes. There is nothing revolutionary about this game so if you normally like an active, competitive game then you will probably find this enjoyable, but if you have a short attention span or are lacking in hand-eye coordination you may want to pass on the Bop It Bounce.
VINE VOICEon August 4, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the modern version of a game in which you get an electronic paddle, a ball and you can bounce, and it counts the number of bounces and you get an announcer to say it. My nephew enjoyed playing with this little gadget. The voice command cues you through six different games: 1. MAX BOUNCE - You have 30 seconds to bounce the ball and seeing how many times you can bounce it. 2. INFINITY BOUNCE - Just keep on bouncing. 3. HANG TIME - Catch as many air as you can in 5 bounces. 4. RIGHT HEIGHT - The game calls the shots, whether to hit the ball high or low. 5. LITTLE-MIDDLE-BIG - Hit it high, middle or low. 6. FREE FORM - Freestyle bouncing.

I recommend playing outside the house and it is fascinating for young and old. Sometimes when I am tired of reading or watching TV, I play this for few minutes to take my mind off. It is a lot of fun.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I enjoy party games and what I look forward to was the Hasbro game "Bop it! Bounce". It's reminiscent of those times when you would hit a tennis ball on your racket and seeing how many times you can bounce it and even going further to those older wooden paddle games with the rubber ball and band connected and trying to see how many times you can bounce it.

"Bop It! Bounce" is the modern incarnation of those games in which you get this paddle (electronic game unit), a ball and you bounce. The unit is electronic and counts the number of bounces and you get an announcer that is reminiscent of the video game "Dance Dance Revolution" in some ways, with his enthusiastic vocals.

The games that accompany the unit are:

INFINITY BOUNCE - Just keep on bouncing..

HANG TIME - Catch as many air as you can in 5 bounces.

RIGHT HEIGHT - The game calls the shots, whether to hit the ball high or low.

LITTLE-MIDDLE-BIG - Hit it high, middle or low.

FREE FORM - Freestyle bouncing.

I will say that when we were playing this game, we were amazed by the workout. You do break a sweat and it's a pretty cool game.

You definitely want to play this outdoors where you have enough room, otherwise in your living room, you may find yourself moving all over the place and losing the ball or bumping into things. The more space you have, the better.

I can't comment on durability but I wouldn't play this on concrete or in the road since the unit is made of plastic. As for educational value, I suppose a child can learn how to follow directions.

Overall, it's easy to learn and play this game right off the bat. There are two buttons and you can get going immediately.

The only thing that I wished the game came with was three AAA batteries (so make you sure you have AAA batteries ready) and also, it would have been nice to have a secondary back-up ball. Fortunately, the ball is big and actually, you may be able to get by with a nerf ball or a lightweight ball if you happen to lose the original ball this unit came with.

Overall, a fun party game for the park or a game in which you can work up a sweat. Definitely worth checking out. Otherwise, if you don't want to get all sweaty or are not up to the challenge, this product is not for you.
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It makes noise, it bounces, and it talks to you, it's plain awesome!

The quality of the toy is definitely high. Nothing feels cheap or rattles around. The materials used will withstand most any of the roughest kids, teens, or adults.

Operating the game is dirt simple. Press the power button, select your game type, and just listen to the instructions/cue and away you go.

Now I will say some parents will find the noises that come out of this irritating as all get out, so I'd suggest kicking the kids out of the house to play with it, that and a few of the game types require a lot of head room and really shouldn't be played indoors.

I really wasn't a fan of the original Bop It games, but thoroughly enjoy this. Not sure if it's because it requires hand eye coordination and I love to juggle or something else... all I know is that everyone I gave it to found it enjoyable to play.

Pros:
Fast games.
Instructions really aren't needed, pretty easy to figure out without them.
Really made of quality parts.
All of the different game types are different enough to extend the game play.
Really fun playing it with multiple people trying to one up each other.

Cons:
None.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Bop It Bounce is an electronic game where one or more players bounce a red ball on a flat surface that tracks use. The game claims to be for ages 8 and up. Though, I'm an adult and had trouble playing this game. The instructions say to "warm up" by bouncing the ball on the paddle until you get the hang of it. Unfortunately, I never got past this as I can't bounce the ball more than a few times, without it flying off in another direction. This is definitely not my game.
For those that are good at this, there are 6 "different" games programmed:
- Max Bounce: Get as many bounces in 30 seconds as you can.
- Infinite Bounce: Get as many bounces without dropping as you can.
- Hang Time: Bounce the ball as high as you can 5 times.
- Right Height: Bounce the ball according to how high the game tells you.
- Little-Middle-Big: Same as Right Height except for adding "medium."
- Free Form: Every time the ball bounces, it will produce a sound effect.
VINE VOICEon July 22, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There really is nothing more fun for my boys than hitting a ball, any kind of ball really.

AS soon as my 10 year old walked in the door ans saw this sitting on the counter it HAD tobe opened!!!

I like the lightweight aspect of this toy, perfect for kids to enjoy.
The top covering is pretty lightweight, I so worry about that tearing eventually.

It has a nice variety of games, and the ball really bounces well.

Fun game\toy.
VINE VOICEon July 27, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The TwistIt-BopIt-Pullit guys have released a new toy, and it comes loaded with a few games all in one device.

The toy consists of a handle with "pedestal" on top, and a ball. Switch on the device and choose one of several games, all of which are based around repeatedly bouncing the ball on the bouncy pedestal. The first game gives you 30 seconds to bounce the ball as many times as you can. The second game tracks how many times you can bounce the ball without dropping it. There are a few more games, based around bouncing the balls to different altitudes. The toy keeps track of the all-time high scores for each game.

Pros:
+ Variety of games to play, not a one-trick pony
+ Keeps high scores in memory so you can compete against friends

Negatives:
+ If you lose the detached ball, you are out of luck
+ Unlike the original twistIt-pullIt-bopIt game, you can't play it in a confined, small area (such as the back seat of a car on a long road trip)
+ just not THAT much fun

Overall, three stars. If someone gave it to me as a gift I'd play it, but I probably wouldn't go buy it. Their original toy is more fun.
on July 23, 2011
I got bop it bounce as a gift for my birthday. The object is that you bounce the ball onto the trampoline. There are three problems with this game.

1. On Infinite Bounce, it doesn't really give you much time just like Max Bounce.
2. The game is too LOUD and could wake up your parents when you are playing.
3. When you want to reset the game, it doesn't unless it freezes.

The only thing I wish was a volume control like the other reviewers have said.

Overall, I highly recommend this toy for ages eight and up.

See 1 answered question