Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Risk Game” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 36% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
|Price:||$23.23 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$6.76 (23%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Earn troops and attack your opponents
- Defend your territories when your opponents attack
- 3 ways to play: Introductory, classic, and 2-player
- For 2 to 5 players
- Includes gameboard, 5 armies with 40 infantry, 12 cavalry and 8 artillery each, deck of 43 cards, two reference cards, 5 dice and instructions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) NO MISSION CARDS! Seriously? No mission cards? How am I going to play $20 buy in drunk RISK?
2) THE CARDS ARE MADE OF THIN PAPER! Seriously? The older versions were card stock. These were laughable!
3) NO SEPARATE ARMY HOLDERS! It is one chink of plastic holding all the armies. No playing with them during lulls in battle. No organizing and arranging them guarding your beer... this is unacceptable!
1) eBay seller sell the old cards COMPLETE with mission cards for a few buck. WIN
DO NOT BUY THIS VERSION. You will be VERY dissapointed!
1. There are only five sets of armies.
2. There are no country cards to deal or trade in (the cards have stars on them and if you collect a certain number of stars you can trade them in.
3. The cards are poor quality.
If you use a set of cards from an older edition and don't need 6 players, it is fine. But I wish I had known that before I bought it.
If you want the REAL game of Risk, search for Risk 1993, 1998, or 2003 editions.
First, it's not the same game. After learning the rules and playing a few times I can say it is fun. To many people try to compare it to the old game and it isn't that game. Still it is fun just the same.
The major differences is reinforcements. As has been said, the cards now use stars that can be exchanged for reinforcements. Reinforcements are much harder to obtain. So gone are the days of massive army vs. massive army. The game still requires strategy and in some cases more so than the original. The cards are a bit flimsy but if proper care is taken these will be fine.
Last weekend I played with my dad and brother which I haven't done since I was a kid. It was a blast. All in all, on it's own merits, this is a very fun game - but it is very different from the original. But, since the map is the same (a little bigger) you can easily play with the old cards and old rules.
Oh, and for those complaining that this does not have the objective cards - objects cards were not included in the original game of Risk. These came later. Just enjoy the game for what it is.
I don't know what they were thinking - perhaps they were trying to save money on plastic? At any rate, this feels like a cheep knockoff, except that it's not cheap!
Get an older version from eBay, they cost less, and are much higher quality
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As a Risk fan, its hard for me to accept games where the Middle East borders East Africa. My traditional set growing up did not, and I struggle to find the reason to hold Africa as... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Risk is second only to Monopoly in the ranking of "games that eventually make you want to flip the table after hours of play". Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Gives a good incentive (beat your friends and conquer the world).
Addresses the variables of the unknown with luck (dice-rolling to determine outcomes). Read more
My son loved it. It's a little about strategy but mostly chance. Fun game for multiple people. I believe up to 5 people can play. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Vic