Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
Electronic Catch Phrase
|Price:||$68.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The grab it, guess it, pass it game makes you think quick, talk fast, and keep it moving!
- 2 Teams alternate turns guessing the answers to clues in 11 categories
- Unit's clock counts down and buzzes when time is out
- More than 10,000 words built-in
- Electronic Catch Phrase is the game of a million laughs. Perfect for taking on vacation.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
So I bought the electronic version thinking it would be a simple improvement - more words in a random sequence. It's not that simple.
- The size of the word list, and the fact that you can choose categories is a great addition.
- The portable design. You only have to carry around 1 unit, rather than a box with the unit, the cards, and the buzzer.
- Still the same great game.
- The fact that there's no "off" switch hampers the portability. Since the game turns on if you press one of the buttons, if you just pack this in a bag, it can easily turn itself on, and start making that LOUD beeping sound. You need a screwdriver to remove the batteries, so that's not really an option either.
- There's no volume control and the default is very loud.
- Restrictive gameplay. The original card based game was pretty loose. You could split up into teams, or you could keep score in some other way. You could play up to a number, or you could keep playing until you got bored. The electronic version forces you to split into 2 teams and play up to 10 points. There's a voice calling out the score after each point, which is annoying. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to reset the game- if you end in the middle of a game, it'll pick up in that game the next time you play, whether you want to or not.
I think the basic strengths of the game outweigh the problems with the electronic version, but if you're someone used to the offline version, don't assume that the electronic version is exactly the same.
The premise of the game is simple: After setting the timer, your team has to guess what word or phrase is visible on the screen. The unit cannot be passed until someone says exactly what is on the screen. When someone does guess correctly, you pass it on to a member of the other team.
For example, if the word was "pumpkin," you could say something along the lines of, "Okay, guys, Peter-Peter-blank-eater!" If someone has been keeping up on their nursery rhymes, he or she will know that the word in place of "blank" is "pumpkin." Make sense?
This game is a blast when you get a huge amount of people to play. About a month ago, around 20 of us were playing it at the same time. Good times there, folks!
Fun: Fun, fun, FUN. I can't reiterate it enough. It's interesting to see how nervous people get when the timer starts beeping faster; hence, the buzzer is about to go off. For some reason, people get really panicky when the pressure starts to build. It's only a game, people! Of course, you don't realize that at the time. Everyone is yelling out answers, and with all the excitement going on, your heartbeat can rise in a hurry.
Educational Value: This is a thinking game. That's the only way I know how to put it. You have to think about what it is your teammate is trying to say without he or she actually coming out and saying it. And they're not all as easy as "pumpkin.Read more ›
There's a really loud beeping noise that accompanies the game - and it grows more intense minute by minute, until the device buzzes, and the person left holding the unit is the one who gets the 'raspberry' sound. (There's no volume control by the way, but if you're playing this with a lot of people, and there's tons of noise, you'll have a hard time even hearing the beeping)
Great party game, and good fun!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We played this at holiday get-togethers, and our youths and senior citizens all enjoyed joining in this wonderful game!Published 5 months ago by CHP WebShopper
Great game, super service. Got a used one and couldn't be more pleased!Published 6 months ago by Cynthia B.
A fun family game that won't clutter your cabinets with easy to lose pieces. Highly recommend!Published 7 months ago by Brandy Pecor
Love the games. Received quickly in plenty of time for my party.Published 9 months ago by The Bopman