Although the age range for this one is noted as being for ages eight and up, I can personally testify to the fact that teens also find the Hyper Slide to be fun and challenging.

Published on January 5, 2008 by Kcorn

2.0 out of 5 stars Too spazzy for my liking
QUICK SUMMARY: This fast-paced (I call it "spazzy") game requires razor sharp reflexes and a very focused mind. I usually play games to relax, but this game doesn't relax me -- rather, is stresses me out!

What was I thinking?

Published on December 29, 2009 by famousdavis

5.0 out of 5 stars Snowed in, heater out, the kids still loved this, didn't notice the cold, January 5, 2008
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)

It comes equipped with five games and my son and a group of his friends spent hours in our living room, the only room with a roaring fire and some warmth, playing this game. They were laughing and cheering each other on in their attempt to slide the various colors of "pucks" or little chips under the arch of hyper slide - as soon as the recorded voice of the "game leader" told them which colored chip to select.

What is particularly clever about the Hyper Slide is its single player option. To use it for solo players, you simply take a rubber strip and insert it into the appropriate parts of the arch, converting it instantly from a 2 person game to one for an individual player. Very smart!

THere are five games of varying difficulty. The most challenging for our family was the one where a pattern of colors would be noted (red, yellow, yellow would be one example) and then an ADDITIONAL color would be added to that pattern so that the player would have to remember an increasing number of chips to slide through the arch, all in a given time limit. Try it and see how hard it can be.

Because of the different levels of difficulty, I have to rate this one high. It held our teen's attention - and those of his friends - for most of a day and has continued to be popular.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, November 14, 2007
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
The Hyper Slide turned out to be so much fun! It is fast paced and challenging. I love it because even though there is a two year age difference, my boys play together all the time. Even their little sister has gotten into playing and loves the one player option. She is only four and is improving daily at the add one game. It helps her with her memorization which is cool. It doesn't require much room, just a smooth table. Also, easy to put away with a compartment for all of the peices. Definately a perfect toy for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but incredibly addicting!, November 22, 2007
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
We have now purchased 4 of these games as gifts, after seeing one at a demo last summer and buying it for ourselves. It is great fun for the whole family, and you can play 1 on 1 or by yourself. I'm not much of a "gamer" but this one is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars THEY CAN'T STOP PLAYING !!!, December 2, 2007
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
I bought this almost two weeks ago and we haven't stopped playing it! My husband is even playing it with the kids, he hasn't done this in years. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Way overpriced on amazon, December 10, 2007
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
This is a great product and very entertaining, but the price on amazon is ridiculous. This product is about 20.00 at Walmart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy/Gift, December 8, 2007
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
This little toy is great, the kids (8 and up) love playing with it. Within 5 minutes of opening the toy they were able to play with it. Very simple rules allows them to jump right in. The toy looks well made and has a convenient space to store the discs when not in use. Its also a fun game for an adult to play with their kids. You can make the game as challenging or as easy as you want by varying the distance from which the discs are thrown.

Great toy!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too spazzy for my liking, December 29, 2009

What was I thinking?

On the strength of great Amazon reviews, I bought this as a present for my 13-year-old son this past Christmas. Last year, I bought another electronic game solely on the strength of Amazon reviews, Bulls Eye Baseball, which we all enjoyed (me especially, as I got pretty good at the game).

This Christmas, I'm not much of a contender for the faster reflexes of my 13yo. Okay, so maybe my 2-star review is just because I'm a grumbling loser. I'd like to think not, of course, so here's why I don't care for this game:

One, there is no volume control. In loud settings, it can be hard to hear the announcer call out the color puck, and it's frustrating to lose a game because you couldn't hear the announcer's voice. In quiet settings, the voice is too loud.

Two, it'd have been better to include 4-color LED lights so the game could optionally be played noiselessly without any need for any announcer voice at all. And "noiselessly" means being able to turn-off that stupid background music, too.

Three, opening the cover to the pucks can lead to an explosion where the hard-to-remove lid suddenly flies off, and the pucks scatter everywhere. Why couldn't it have had a simpler, more elegant design, where it's just a slide-out drawer?

Four, there is no on/off button. When you want the game to end, there is an automatic shut-off mechanism, but who wants to listen to the music and announcer drone on and on as you wait for the stupid game to just SHUT UP already! The only easy way to get the game to shut up and turn off is to use a pointy object to depress the reset button.

Five, we thought the game was actually broken when we first tried using it -- it turned on and spoke to us, but the game wouldn't register the colored pucks passing underneath the archway. Turns out, the loose batteries we installed from the "junk drawer" were half-spent and didn't provide enough voltage to run the game properly. The game should have recognized this and said, "Low battery power - please replace all batteries before playing this game." We almost packed it up and shipped it back to Amazon before realizing it was a "user error."

Six, I just don't like games that are spazzy and require fast reflexes. I play games to relax and laugh. If you like the card game Dutch Blitz, you'll probably like this game, too, as it's just as frenetic. I hate Dutch Blitz because it's frenetic.

My kids have played the game solo and against each other, but none seem to be as fascinated with the game as much as other Amazon reviewers have been when they began playing. I'm guessing that it'll get shoved underneath the microwave oven -- where all of our games are stowed -- a few days after New Year's Day, and we'll hardly ever play it in 2010.

You can see from the many 4- and 5-star reviews that most people really like this game, however. Consider my review, then, as a counter-balance to all those positive reviews, so if you pull the trigger and buy this game, you'll really know what you're getting, and how well you're likely going to enjoy playing it.

***** December 19, 2010 UPDATE

I was right. We pulled out this game to play it maybe one or two times all year long, but it mostly just gathered dust underneath our microwave oven. This will be a game we can donate to Goodwill when we purge unused items from our home this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it elsewhere, December 12, 2007
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
Wow am I ever disappointed in amazon. They were selling this for under $20 ten days ago. Now it's $58? I just went and picked it up at Target for $18... and they had plenty of 'em.

I will never again buy from amazon without shopping around. This degree of markup is disgusting.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Around Fun Family Game!, January 13, 2008
Jennifer "Mom Of One" (Florence, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
My 7 year old son got this for Christmas this year and my husband and I love it as much as he does. Not only have we played against each other but we enjoy playing it on our own, it is rather addictive. It is small and compact enough to fit in our luggage that we plan to take it with us to Maine for our family reunion this summer. This is the perfect game to have on hand for rainy days or for when the kids complain they are bored. You honestly can't go wrong with this game, I plan to give this as birthday presents this year for all my son's friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars great action toy and well made, January 7, 2008
This review is from: Electronic Hyperslide (Toy)
I got this for my 9 year old son, and he loves it. The whole family enjoys playing it. I like getting toys for my son that he actually has to do something with it, not just look at or watch. This is well made, and the disks store inside the game so they don't get lost. The game reminds me of Simon, the old game where it calls out colors and you have to touch that color and it gets faster until you mess up. This one calls colors and you send that color to the opposite player then they send the next color. I played it with my son, and my only complaint is that I wish it would keep calling colors until someone messes up, but instead it goes so long and whoever has the fastest time wins. I was able to do it no problem. I am very happy I bought it, and will probably give it as a gift.

Electronic Hyperslide