5.0 out of 5 stars Great first counting game for kids
Published on September 3, 2001 by Todd Ihrig

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a very cute game but
I really like this game but I have one big problem with it, if someone accidently bumps it all the cherries fall off the trees. There has to be a better way to make the cherry stay put. Oh and dont dare take out the baskets or cherries will fall under and then you have to lift the whole thing to get them and before you know it you have cherries all over the place. Other...
Published on January 30, 2007 by Gloria Campos

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first counting game for kids, September 3, 2001
Todd Ihrig (Arlington, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
Our 3-yr old received this game as a gift and thoroughly enjoys it. It is a terrific way for kids to understand how to play board-type games; taking turns, setbacks, etc. The basic game simply has each player remove the number of cherries spun on the spinner. However, there are some "bad" spins that force you to put cherries back on the tree. At first, kids are disappointed to move backwards - but over time, they get the idea that sometimes this happens in games. We use it as a way to start teaching basic math. "If you have 8 cherries and get to take away 2, how many will be left on the tree?" The little cherry buckets are definitely made for kids hands and fingers - they are tough to maneuver for an adult. Small price to pay for a simple to understand, terrific little game.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great game for teaching turn taking and counting., August 19, 1999
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
This was my daughter's first "real" game. She was 2.8 years old when we purchased it. She was immediately able to play the game. There is no reading involved and focuses on the skills of turn taking, counting, and organizing the playing board. I recommend this as a first game for parents teaching their children how to take turns and count to 10, as well as manipulating small objects on the cherry trees. (I have fun playing this game too).

5.0 out of 5 stars A great first game for any child!, January 6, 2000
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter when she was just under 3, and she was able to play it without any problem. It is great for counting skills, for taking turns, and for following simple rules. Also, placing the small cherries on the tree is good for fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination. Unlike some other children's games we have tried, this game is quick to compensate for the short attention span of most youngsters, and it is very simple to play. I also remember loving the game as a child, so it has passed the test of time. I'm sure it will continue to be a popular and loved game, and I would highly recommend it to anyone with small children.

4.0 out of 5 stars replacement parts, May 23, 2005
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
My 3-year old daughter loves this game and I find it much more enjoyable to play with her than Candyland. She very much enjoys putting the cherries on the trees and meticulously sets her tree up with the stems down and my tree with the stems up. And, she enjoys the counting aspect as well. We are also short a number of cherries and I just saw you can order replacement parts from (...) on the customer service page. A new set of 40 cherries is $2.50, which includes shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars The same game I grew up with, December 14, 2001
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
Although the pictures are a little bit updated, this is basically the same game I grew up with and loved. I bought it for my niece and it took her no time at all to learn to play it. IT's easy to play and can be as educational as you make it.
I look for toys that are fairly quiet, easy to play and fun. I also look for toys that can grow with the child and if they are educational then that is a boost.
Games are a lot of fun. Children seem to love mastering them. I think they also offer good lessons in taking turns, winning with grace, and losing with grace. (all life skills we need right?)
This game can be made more educational with some parental input- three cheries minus/take away two leaves how many? two plus three cheries equals what? Let's count them together... etc.
Although my son didn't quiet grasp the concept of the numbers yet, (at age two) he enjoyed spinning the spinner and putting cheries on the tree. Thanks to my niece for her patience.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun classic!, January 8, 2004
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
Hi Ho Cherry-O is a game I enjoyed when I was young, and now my son loves it too! It's a great way to teach counting, and also introduce addition and subtraction. If your spinner lands on a picture of cherries, it tells you how many cherries to put in your bucket - 1-4. But watch out for the bird, dog, or bucket! They make you put cherries back on your tree! The first person to get all their cherries in the bucket wins!
I have 2 small complaints. The buckets are very tiny and even my 4 year old has a hard time picking the cherries out.
Also the game didn't come with any "extra" cherries, so you'll have to be extra careful not to lose any.
I believe this game will be a family favorite for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars LETS PICK CHERRIES, LEARN TO COUNT AND HAVE FUN,FUN ,FUN!., July 23, 1999
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
HI HO CHERRY-O IS A CLASSIC GAME BY HASBRO. IT HAS BEEN A GAME IN OUR FAMILY FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND HAS WITHSTOOD THE TEST OF TIME. HI HO CHERRY-O TEACHES CHILDREN THE CONCEPT OF COUNTING, FOLLOWING THE RULES(EVEN IF IT MEANS STARTING OVER) AND TAKING TURNS. IN SHORT IT IS A FUN FAMILY GAME. THIS IS A GREAT GAME TO START THE LITTLE ONES WITH, BUT BIG KIDS LIKE IT TOO. MY CHILDREN WILL EVENTUALLY OUT GROW HI HO CHERRY-O, BUT BECAUSE OF ITS QUALITY I WILL KEEP IT FOR MY FUTURE GRANDCHILDREN.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite for years...and still going strong, February 23, 2004
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
I never played this game as a child so it was new to me too when my three year old received it for his birthday. It quickly became his favorite game and still ranks highly among his favorites at age 5! We found that it was perfect for our young child because it could be played relatively quickly and was easy to understand. Playing this game regularly helped perfect his counting skills and taught him about basic game etiquette.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect game for 3 year-olds!, July 5, 2001
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
I bought this game for my 3 year old niece & she loved it! She picked it up instantly. The cherries are small but they weren't really a problem. After a few games she knew how to play & explain it to others. She especially loved yelling "Hi ho cherry oh!" when she won! It held her attention longer than Chutes & Ladders or Candyland. I recommend this game for all kids 3 & up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Counting, Teaching Subtraction, March 9, 2003
This review is from: Hi Ho Cherry-O (Toy)
My twin 4 year old boys love this game. It's a fun game and educational. Just don't tell the kids their learning! I have found the best way to teach is by playing fun games like these. Children practice fine motor skills, counting up to 10 even subtraction (if the parent makes that part of the game). It's a game that is fast paced and fun. It's a good game to pull out when you don't want to play one of the longer more involved games. It can also be played several times so everyone has a chance to play it and win. My kids can't wait to yell Hi Ho Cherry O when all the cherrys are off their tree and in the buckets. Parents will enjoy playing it, too. You probably could even add a science aspect to the game by researching and sharing facts about Cherry trees.

Hi Ho Cherry-O