Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
|Price:||$19.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- SCRABBLE Express delivers the all-American crossword fix in 20 minutes!
- Roll the dice for a crossword challenge and use letters to build a word.
- Opponents build off a previous word
- Be the first to score 200 points and you win!
- Store all the pieces in the handy plastic case and take it with you on the go!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
In normal scrabble, triple word score is a one-time windfall. In scrabble express, it ends the game.
What happens is this:
1. You make the game-losing blunder of going anywhere near triple word score.
2. I manage to play on the TWS square.
3. You play off my word.
4. Before I play again, my word from step 2 is removed from the board, re-exposing the triple word score square. It's guaranteed I have a chance to hit TWS again because you had to leave one of my original word's letters on the board.
5. If I can play on that letter, go back to step 2.
This loop means that I triple score EVERY SINGLE TURN, while you never do. And there is nothing you can do to stop it. You can stall it for a turn by playing into the letter on the TWS so it doesn't open, but that won't escape the repeated abuse of TWS, only delay it.
There is only one reasonable way out of this loop: I get an unlucky roll and cannot make any word at all that plays on TWS square. But even when that happens, you don't get your chance because now the word is not in line with TWS.
I noticed this pattern going on with a double word score square the first time I played, and ever since then this sort of repeating lock has become the dominant feature of the game.
My girlfriend will probably never play me again because the last time we played I won 200 to 75 by playing over and over and over and over on the triple word score after she made the mistake of playing a letter on the edge row. (What a gentleman!Read more ›
This analysis is correct and can make the game one-sided. After purchasing this game, as I have played the original game professionally, it would make sense for players to develop a series of "house rules" to overcome these issues. Here are my own suggestions:
1) If a player hits a TWS, they should score the play, then clear the ENTIRE board of dice and have the next player begin again at the center square.
2) To make the center square less abusive, it should double the value of the first word played there ONLY ONCE, but be a regular non-bonus square thereafter. This would seem to encourage players to move away from the center and bring the other DWS's and other bonus squares into play. When the dice would be cleared from the board entirely, then it could be a true DWS again.
3) Regarding the "Qu" die face, while it kind of sucks that it's not just "Q," it should be left the way it is, but perhaps a bingo involving this face could be considered valid with only 5 other die faces, since "Qu" is still 2 letters, for a total of 7. In other words, one could consider playing a 6-die-face, 7-letter "Qu" word a bingo. (One example could be ESQuIRE.) Perhaps you could also have an additional bonus for the inclusion of a 7th die face to use this way for making an "eight-letter" word.
These problems aside, it makes for a fun, short game.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great travel game or for if you have limited time and don't want to be bothered with the full game. This will always be in our travel bags.Published 15 months ago by skippyjr
When I played the game with my adult son a few months ago, I really enjoyed the game. I bought it for a gift for my sister and brother-in-law. Read morePublished on January 20, 2013 by Belinda Roloff
A good quick alternative. Not the same game but fun when you don't have an hour or more for the full version.Published on January 9, 2013 by kk
I love Scrabble and I really like this mini version too. It's great to play a quick game of scrabble and comes with a time too. Read morePublished on December 12, 2012 by Paigeb
Because I love scrabble so much I purchased this compact little one to take on an extended trip. It proved to be unchallenging, and not really what I expected. Read morePublished on September 28, 2012 by Barb S
I thought this was a hand-held game; it's a great idea to have a shorter length Scrabble game but it is not very easy to play this game and it still took a long time. Read morePublished on January 4, 2012 by Homebound Honey
It is fun, compact and educational. But it will not last long. The Board is mere cardboard. Better to buy one of the other more durable types for the same or less $$$.Published on December 4, 2009 by Mayavi
Great value and excellent travel game.
Provides hours of fun for the whole family
and is great when on trips since the whole
family can play and it's easy to slip... Read more