4.0 out of 5 stars May be difficult for small children...
We bought this for our 3 year old son, he was really excited when he saw his dad shoot the balls. However, when he tried to shoot...he couldn't. There is just too much resistance. Even I have difficulty sometimes. Probably better for larger children, or adults who like to behave like kids every now and then. :o)
Published on September 30, 2003 by carebearcrzymama

3.0 out of 5 stars Other NERF guns are better
We bought 8 of these for our office, for we could all shoot nerf balls at each other.

The problem being that these have a pretty loud popping noise for office use. The other issue is the slowly wear out. The o-rings and such after a month are pretty much shot. This means instead of being able to go 20 feet, you can maybe only go around 10.

Other...
Published on December 9, 2006 by E. Byers

4.0 out of 5 stars May be difficult for small children..., September 30, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Other NERF guns are better, December 9, 2006
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)

Other Nerf guns are more accurate with the darts, and also shoot a lot farther. The also have the benefit of being cheaper. It's a decent gun, but I'd probably look elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate, but scares people to death...., August 30, 2004
A Kid's Review
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
I play a lot of nerf wars, and I picked up this gun to be used as a grenade launcher.It worked, but I never actually hit anyone with the balls. It's great for scaring people who don't know how accurate it is (not very) but that's about it. You also need a bit of strength to shoot it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, safe, but takes some strength, February 15, 2008
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
It's a fun toy that's not going to put out any eyes or bust up your house, but the pump-action firing mechanism seems to take a lot of upper body strength. My nieces are 4 and 6, and pretty fit for little kids. The 6-year-old can just barely muster the muscle to pop off a shot if she grits her teeth, squeeeeeeeezes 'til she's purple, and doesn't bother trying to aim at anything. The 4-year-old? Well, she's figured out that she can make it shoot if she braces the gun against the floor and pushes down. But then, more often then not, she shoots herself in the face, so it's kind of a wash.

It's a fun, safe toy, and the blue Nerf "ammo" balls are large and conspicuous enough that they're not going to get lost too easily. I'd recommended it for kids who are a little older, though. From my observations, you'd have to be one buff 6-year-old to have an easy time with this gun's pump-fire action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad gun for the price, March 8, 2003
Nate (Pittsburgh PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
This gun was not bad at all for the price. You can't beat $10.00 and a refill pack to fill it to capacity (6). This gun has OK accuracy depending on where you are playing and what your normal prefernce is. I like this gun for a plain old "basement" style game. It DOES NOT do well outdoors unless no wind at all. The range is another factor with the outside...it's better in the inside. This gun makes a great side arm but once again, it all depends on your preference. I prefer powerful sniper guns, but thats just me. Enjoy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulky, Noisy, and Inefficient, July 28, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
I bought an earlier version of the Reactor that was pretty much the same as this one except for it had different stickers. It was pretty sturdy, and had a fairly high rate of fire for a Nerf gun (Up to 2 rds. per sec.). It's also probably one of the loudest Nerf guns out there, which can make it good for a surprise blitz attack, but not very good for a stealth hunt. The only problems I had with this gun were 1. It doesn't have a trigger (I hate guns with no triggers, the're so unrealistic), and 2. It only has a range of about 10 feet, which makes it useful for close-range indoor combat, but TERRIBLE at long-range and sniper combat. In conclusion, you would probably be better off with a NERF Crossfire or Maverick than this bulky, short-range gun.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good ball gun, December 22, 2002
Nick Price (Rocklin, CA United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
I don't understand why Nerf made this such a poor gun. It is one of the worst ball guns I've used. The distance is poor, as is the accuracy. If you just want to be amused, then buy this gun. Don't buy this gun for Nerf war. ... get a Ballzooka. Even the Ripsaw is better than these blasters.
They are useful as a cheap confusion device... unload a couple of these puppies as your team mates move in for the kill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gun but has a few problems, February 13, 2003
"kanerop" (Shawnee, KS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
It is a very good gun but suffers from some fatal flaws. For example, it has poor range and accuracy. Also for me it's hard to pull the launcher thing back real fast but it's seeming to get easier for me. I haven't had any problems with only one round in it. P.S. It can hold 6 balls at a time, so if you want to use its full ammo capacity, you need to buy a refill pack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, Good price. But difficult to use for smaller children., July 18, 2009
HazyRn (Oceanside, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
Got this toy for my son's 4th bday although the age says for 6yrs old and older. It took him a while to get used to the pump action but he finally got the hang of it. It's a lot safer for the little ones to use vs. the guns with darts. It can hold up to 6-7 of the large balls. It's durable and inexpensive. I got it on sale for $7. This makes a great 1st NERF gun toy for anyone under the age of 6. Worth the price I paid. But keep in mind, your little one has to have the strength to use this toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good inexpensive nerf gun, April 3, 2011
This review is from: Nerf Reactor (Toy)
This is a good basic Nerf gun for the younger kids, probably in the 4-7 range. Older kids would probably want to move up to the dart type guns. This is great if an older sibling has a gun and the younger ones want one because it's pretty simple, the "bullets" are much easier to find, and it's relatively inexpensive.

We have two and they've held up well and the kids have enjoyed them so I would definitely recommend.

Nerf Reactor