5.0 out of 5 stars Tired of video games? Try this classic!
My 14 year old son constantly berides us for remaining Nintendo-free. So imagine his surprise, when at his 14th birthday party his like-minded guests discovered "Twister," declaring it an "awesome" game.
We all know this goofy game, the one that "ties you up in knots." The boomer-echo kids haven't had the same experience with these...
Published on November 9, 2000 by Gwyneth Calvetti

1.0 out of 5 stars Version of product doesn't match what is shown in photo!
The photos show the older version of Twister and that is why I paid a few extra dollars for the item. The version that I received is the new one with silhouette player images on the box and circle spinner. Not what I was expecting or wanting, so it's going back!
Published 14 months ago by 925mama

‹ Previous | 16 7 811 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars twistin' the night away, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
Is it normal to twist yourself in such a way that you feel like a human pretzel? And when this happens, am I winning or losing? I never could tell! This classic game that reminds me of late 60's music such as the Beach Boys, the Mamas & Papas, and Paul Revere & the Raiders is really a total blast to play with other people. I tried playing Twister alone one time and I felt like I was defeating the purpose because nobody was standing to the side to watch me hurt myself and stumble around with neverending silent facial giggles. I always feel like somebody's watching me! Truly not one of the more appropriate and proud moments of my life right there, haha. I'm referring to the embarrassment of playing alone to my old Black Sabbath albums. I'm not proud of that at all. I could care less how ridiculous my twisty, turny, awkward body movements are to the always-ready-to-humilate eyeballs watching over me!

Anyway, Twister is a game for the entire family. It's sort of like an exercise routine when you really get into it. Maybe even yoga? Nah, not yoga. Entertaining in one square-shaped area on the floor that's safe and well... no, it's not really safe at all. I mean it is safe unless, like I say above, you really get into it. In that case be careful not to fall all over the place and bang your knees on the hard living room floorboards which can bruise with age and cause walking discomfort. When you walk funny you don't want people to know you were twisting the night away the night before. I do wonder if people have actual memories of playing Twister. Is it the kind of embarrassment you'd want to remember? Maybe for some folks. Maybe for me too, who knows?

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a classic!, March 11, 2012
Ranch MeMaw (San Saba, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
How can you go wrong with Twister? Everyone loves it. For smaller children, it's a good way to teach right from left. For adults, it's a good way to get your silly on.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Classic Game, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
There is a reason games like this stay around for a long time. They are simple to learn, easy to play, lots of fun. They don't have a lot of buzzers or bells or whistles. In fact, in Twister the box comes with two things only- a spinner and a large mat. Open up the mat, find someone to spin the spinner and your ready to have some fun.

This game requires some advance thinking skills, visual spacial skills, some physical ability (not much if I can play it at 40 plus!) and the ability to enjoy yourself and laugh at yourself.

Well worth the money.
Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game!, December 4, 2009
S. Boodoo "sboo99" (Trinidad, Caribbean) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
I got the original Twister for my 12th birthday (or thereabouts). I am 23 years old and up to last weekend I've played it. Twister is another timeless game that can be enjoyed by persons of about 5 years old and up. I'll give you one important piece of advice: the younger you are, the easier it is to bend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family fun for all ages, December 28, 2007
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
Purchased this for my son, daughter-in-law, and young grandchildren for Christmas and it was a great hit with the entire family, something that everyone can participate in. This was a game my sons had as children and we enjoyed and now it appears that tradition will be passed on. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great game for preschoolers (or older children)!, July 21, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
My first experience with this game was at my grandmother's house, and what a memorable experience it was! I was in kindergarden and just learning my colors. It was the best game I had ever played. Twister kept me busy for hours, and I will always have a game for my children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Twister-4 1/2 Stars, February 19, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
Twister is a very nice, fun, calm game. If you have any sort of party with friends this is a great game to play. And it's not really any age limit, just as long as you know your right from your left.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun!, March 14, 2009
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
Was at a party last weekend and saw this on the bookshelf. Somebody suggested getting it out, so we did! Lots more fun than we though and absolutely great for adults, especially those who want to get to know each other a little better. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Twister, January 15, 2006
Shelly Simpson (Elizabethtown, KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
This is a timeless classic! My children are little, but they are able to enjoy the fun this game provides! They laugh extra hard when they get tangled up like a pretzel. "Mommmy, look at us, we are pretzels!"

5.0 out of 5 stars How Can You Go Wrong?, July 1, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Twister (Toy)
A great ice-breaker and just a fun game. Plus, I give them extra points for keeping the original cool 60's design and packaging. You might want to be the one who spins the spinner if you have a bad back, though!

‹ Previous | 16 7 811 | Next ›