Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hasbro Scatterpillar Scramble
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 19, 2009
My daughter was really excited to get this game for her four year birthday. It was fun, however, the catepillar moves pretty fast. It was difficult for my 9 year old, myself, and especially my four year old, to get the marbles on. I wish there were different levels, like a slower one, for the younger kids. Overall, I guess ok product, but I'd increase the appropriate age level on the box, or implement the different levels idea.
on November 5, 2009
My son got this for his 4th birthday and LOVES it. As mentioned before it is really hard to do when it's moving, it gets harder the higher you go. For now my son loves putting the balls on while it's still and then turning in on when he's all finished. I like that it uses a lot of hand eye coordination and pinching with the tongs is another useful aspect of this toy since a lot of kids have fine motor problems. The bonus of this game is that it is harder and will be a game he can use for awhile. He can put them on while it's still now and later when it's moving. The only drawback of this game (though no fault of theirs) is that my son finds it fun to use the tongs to snap the balls and see them fly, which means lost balls (luckily it comes with one extra of each color).
on August 31, 2011
I purchased this game for my 4 year old a few years ago and we only played it a few times. It just did not hold her interest much (not a defect of the toy, more my daughters issues). I recently began working as a Developmental Therapist with infants and toddlers and I asked my daughter if I could use this toy for therapy. I really wasn't thinking about how much this toy could do to help my toddlers with their development until I pulled it out to plan my therapy sessions. My 2 year olds LOVE this toy! We use it to sort colors (we sort the 4 colored marbles into the tray), then for my 2's that need help with fine motor, we use our fingers to put the balls in the hands with the music off. When they get all the balls on, they get to turn it on and we do a dance for doing a good job. When they master that, we put the music on, and they can use their fingers to put the balls on the hands! This is really great for fine motor work and visual tracking! For the toddlers it is also easier for them to use the tweezers to take the balls off rather than on...again working fine motor and hand strength. As they get better, we turn on music and try to do it with game on! There is so much we can work on with this toy, it is a great toy to work on fine motor, counting, colors, sorting, visual tracking and gross motor (when we get up and dance). The children I work with all have special needs or developmental delays, and this toy works so well for all of them. ***NOTE*** To use in the manner I suggest here, the toddlers need parental/adult supervision at all times so they don't put the marbles in their mouth.

My only cons to this toy are I wish it had an on/off button so that I could disable the music starting by the child touching the button to start it and it seems to eat the batteries between uses. I have to take the batteries out between uses or they will not be good any more.
on February 29, 2016
An excellent and fun game. Great for eye hand coordination. Includes plastic marbles so would require supervision for younger kids. My son has played with this since he was 3. He is now nearly 8 and still has fun racing mom or dad. He brought it to preschool when he was younger for game day and his teacher just raved about it so much. She asked where we got it and bought one for the classroom. Very good cooperative game for 4 players or less. Batteries are long lasting.
on July 27, 2014
I bought this for our 3 year old twins to work on their hand-eye coordination. They're not old enough to play by the rules, but picking up the marbles with the tongs and simply practicing placing them on the caterpillar's hands (with no movement) has really helped. Their coordination and hand strength has definitely improved and they're getting better and better at the exercise. It was a game they played at their occupational therapist's office, which led me to track it down for home use.
on March 10, 2014
We really like this game, I got it for my 5 year old daughter and she has such fun with it. Yes, it is challenging trying to get the marbles on the caterpillar, but isn't that the point? It really helps with gross motor skills. I have even shared it on Facebook, so hopefully others will take advantage of this fun game that provides lots of laughter.
on December 29, 2012
When we opened this on Christmas morning my little boy couldn't wait to play. It's great for fine motor skills. The caterpillar moves side to side while you try to put the marbles on his hands. For younger kids I would recommend starting off without Turing the game on and let them practice a few times. The adults had just as much fun with this game as the kids!
on June 13, 2014
This toy can be adapted several levels for fine motor play...with fingers, with tongs, without movement, and with. My clients love the funny caterpillar and watching him dance once the marbles are on. Supervision definitely required with younger ones so they don't put marbles in their mouth.
on December 29, 2012
My daughter received this as a Christmas present when she was almost 4 years old. She was eager to play with it and it comes with stickers to apply and make the caterpillars face, which she loved. The object of the game is very basic, perfect for her age.

We are a family of 3 (although it can accommodate 4 players) and played this game over and over. We were all cracking up and it was a lot of fun. It may be tougher for kids that are 4 to get the hang of it or even have the motor skills to do it at all. However, our daughter did great and we have had loads of fun with it!

Truth be told, my husband and I will play this from time to time with each other...that is how much fun we have had as parents with it! :)
on December 23, 2013
My son just received this game and WE love it!! He is 4, cousins are 6, 8, 11 and mommy is 37 and we ALL enjoyed playing this game!!! I love it so much, that I am buying some as bday gifts for other kids!

See 1 answered question