on July 15, 2008
As a long time consumer of Lazer Tag brand toys, I give you a quick overview of what this set does and what you get in the box, and share my opinions on these features and the value of this set. I've played laser tag with a variety of consumer (toy) and professional (business) laser tag gear, and I feel that there is no better "bang for your buck" than Lazer Tag brand toys.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
5555 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 4, 2008
We bought two sets, and the whole family has had an absolute blast playing Lazer Tag. My kids are 8 and 5, and even the 5 year old mastered the game in no time. It's great to get everyone running around the yard at night (they also work in full daylight or inside). The range on these things is 300 feet or so, so you can play over a very large area. The TV game is so-so, but it's much more fun to play outside anyway. Also, I will say that the taggers have held up very well so far under typical kid conditions.
on July 12, 2008
I had a chance to try out the pre-production versions of this tagger at TagFest this year. 20 years of playing tag I have seen a lot of system come and go. This is the first one in a long time I am excited about. Unlike Laser Challenge, it works in sunshine so the kids can play during the day and not be running around at night with toy guns. It is well made and very solid. Good sights and great range. The shotgun like attachment makes up close play a lot of fun. Built in sensor on the tagger makes cheating hard to do. Also, unlike Laser Challenge, you can shoot and take hits at the same time. With Laser Challenge PRO and Extreme you cannot get hit while shooting! What fun is that? As soon as kids try that out and find they cannot use it in sunshine unless they are within 30ft of each other and cannot land tags on someone who is shooting, they are just going stop using it. What a waste of money. So for those of you who are looking to buy a tag system for yourself or the kids, this gear may cost a little more but it is so much better. Plus there a growing Lazer Tag community on the web. Mostly using Lazer Tag Team Ops and soon to be using this gear.. which BTW works together.

Just an update. These are now in the stores. We held a 24+ player game with it and the older LTTO gear. Worked great and we had 2 days of fun at Fort Worden.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 14, 2008
Verified Purchase
Bought this set for my son and I. We have a blast playing with them. Highly recommend these taggers if you are into this sort of thing.

We did have to replace the first set though. The gold shot blast attachment was defective, in that it would never register more than one tag. At first I contacted Hasbro to see if they could just replace that part. They said I would have to send the whole set back, after they sent me a postage paid mailing label. Instead of that I sent it back to Amazon postage free, since it was defective. Amazon sent me a replacement in three days. With Hasbro it would have taken over a month. So I'm quite pleased with Amazon's service in this instance.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Verified Purchase
im a college student, and i wanted to go back to the days of 'ol and buy a lazertag set. as a general rule of thumb, these things are either very cheap, or very expensive. these taggers are in the middle of the price ranges i saw, and despite my misgivings, i bought em anyways. they are perfect. im 6'0 and my girlfriend is 5'2, and we use these all the time. great sounds, accuracy actually matters, solid construction=alot of fun. i havent tried them outdoors yet, but thats just because im scared someone will jack them ;). as a gift for children->do it! a kid's dream. as a gift for a 20 yr old-> do it! never too late to have fun. as a gift for 80 yr olds-> unless they can turn on a computer, DONT DO IT! my dad couldnt even turn his on.
on January 26, 2009
I purchased 2 sets of the LAZERTAG Multiplayer Battle System for Christmas for my 11 and 5 year old boys. I have played the old vest systems, but have never been an enthusiast, so I cannot comment on the finer points - many other reviewers have.

What the boys (and they are all boy) love:

1. Attacking each other with a parent sanctioned weapon. This form of entertainment taps into a basic, primal instinct. When we have 4 boys playing at once there is much screaming and laughter. Every boy who has gotten their hands on the gun has loved it.
2. Noise, noise, noise.
3. Running around the house and outside in one game
4. Working on teams, especially against Dad
5. The equipment withstands their abuse

What Dad does not love:
1. Did not come with a reachable batter system. Something with this much battery need, I compare it to Wii controllers, should come with batteries and a charger. Since each gun requires 6 AA batteries that are not included, I invested another $120 or so on rechargeable batteries and a charger (side note: Amazon has very good info on rechargeable batteries [...]. I do agree with other reviewers that battery life is very good, so gripe is more about the additional cost and managing the hassle of charging 24 batteries. Batteries cost the review 1 ½ stars.
2. Noise, noise, noise. It may make the game pointless from the kids point of view, but I would like to have a switch to turn off the sound.
3. The targeting game only works with CRT. As mentioned by other reviewers it should be either sold an accessory or compatible with LCD. In its current form it just adds cost with no value for all of us LCD owners. Another option would be targets that could be placed at a distance; something that would make the gun useful when you do not have the opponent. This cost the review the other half star.

Since I bought this system to entertain the kids in an active way, and it is definitely both active and entertaining, I give it the thumbs up.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The "Lasertag Multiplayer Battle System" is by far the best consumer grade Laser Tag we have ever seen! Having tried many laser tag systems over the years, and always being disappointed with the range or accuracy, I only had marginal hopes that this system would prove any better but this time I was pleasantly surprised with the option, quality, and performance.

The features found in this system rival those in the "professional" Laser Tag arena my son (12), daughter (16), wife (47), and I (44) play a few times a month. Highlights include:

* Great Accuracy
* Great Range
* Team Play (very cool feature!)
* Rumble Pack (provides vibration feedback)
* Hit Selector (evens out the odds when play with less experienced opponents)
* Manual "Reload" (another very cool feature adding realism)

The system is also a video game as the gun can also be attached to a video unit and connected to a TV (old style tube TV, not Plasma or LCD). The game play is OK and fun, but shouldn't be the reason to buy this system.

We liked this so much that we ended up buying two sets (total of 4 guns) and are considering buying another set so we have more players!

Highly recommended!
on November 4, 2008
This toy is fantastic for kids and adults alike. Everything to set up a game is by switches on the toy, choose your strength of 10 or 25, choose team 1 or team 2 to play team games or choose solo for everyone versus everyone, press the trigger, wait for the count down and you are good to go.

They include a very accurate green dot site as well as vibrations to let you know when you are hit and a recoil with each shot you fire for real feeling. The grip is very ergodynamic for both adults and kids. Adults won't find it too small, and kids won't find it too big.

The shotblast attachment allows you to set up a shot gun type shot that allows you to hit multiple people if they are in close range to you or hit a single person with multiple tags.

Unlike other tagging systems in the past, this system actually works remarkably well on indoor mode. The risk of getting "bounce shots" off of walls with this system is relatively low. The game can also be set to outdoor mode. On outdoor mode you can tag other players up to 300 feet away in full sunlight.

I encourage anyone who is looking at getting lasertag toys for their kids or adults looking for a new sport to purchase these toys. You won't regret it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The "Lasertag Multiplayer Battle System" is by far the best consumer grade Laser Tag we have ever seen! Having tried many laser tag systems over the years, and always being disappointed with the range or accuracy, I only had marginal hopes that this system would prove any better but this time I was pleasantly surprised with the options, quality, and performance.

* Great Accuracy
* Great Range
* Team Play (very cool feature!)
* Rumble Pack (provides vibration feedback)
* Hit Selector (evens out the odds when play with less experienced opponents)
* Manual "Reload" (another very cool feature adding realism)

Highly recommended!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 28, 2008
Verified Purchase
ORDERED THESE FOR MY GRANDSONS AND THEY HAVE PLAYED WITH THEM NON-STOP FOR A WEEK NOW. THEN ONLY TIME THEY HAVE PUT THEM DOWN HAS BEEN WHEN WE'VE TAKEN THEM AWAY FROM THEM FOR MEALS, BEDTIME AND FAMILY TIME. (THEY ARE 9 AND 10 YRS OLD) VERY FUN ENTERTAINMENT FOR THEM.