Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Size: Glossy Exclusive PaperChange
Price:$6.97+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 6, 2013
We bought one game for each table at our daughter's wedding, so strangers would have something to play with each other. It was a big hit. Our friends made friends with each other and are now have plans for later without us. The bride wrote love quotes on half of the pieces, and one in Spanish in each set. Whoever pulled the Spanish quote got to take the game home. This game has suspense with no real danger, appeals to all ages, is simple to play, and lasts forever.
55 comments107 of 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
For the cost of this game (under $15) you really can't beat the amount of fun it delivers. My three kids (ages 4 thru 7) ALL love it (and trust me, there's no other game they ALL love) and my husband and I also love it - which sort of tells you that it spans generations. Frankly, this is one of the only games I can think of out there that is fun AND appropriate for multiple generations (UNO is another one). Try explaining to a 4 year old why she can't play trivial pursuit or convincing an adult to play operation for the 16th time and you'll see why having a multi-generation-appropriate game is so important. Mine also came with a neat little stacker, so that little hands can stack up all the blocks themselves before the game starts. It's great for building hand/eye coordination in little kids and is suprisingly durable given the number of times we've all made those blocks come crashing down!
11 comment74 of 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2015
$8 for a block of wood that keeps us and friends entertained for hours on. It's well worth the tiny investment. Anyone complaining about this game whether new or classic should invest in a new set of eyes. People have grown so impatient these days it's sad to listen to and watch. This game can be enjoyed by family, friends, kids, adults and people of all ages, sizes, sexes, races, cultures and backgrounds. Advice for today's generation would be, instead of giving a child an iP** or Xb**, try challenging and watching how much joy and excitement a 5 year receives from simply building the blocks. If the task is too monotonous and time consuming for the average adult, it would be a tremendous achievement for some children to build it themselves. Perhaps more for those who aren't accustomed to being stuck behind a TV or LCD screen. Maybe some children wouldn't care thinking about the challenge of pulling out each square. That can be boring for kids too. So why not munch on a few pretzels, and start a conversation while the little ones enjoy this game too. Then when it's finished being stacked, have a try at winning a game of Jenga. This game is one of the true classics from American pastimes. Also, I've recently learned that allot of countries don't play board or puzzle games like America does. So please don't knock this game for all it's worth. Small price to pay for an exchange for so much happiness.
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment42 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2015
Ok, I'm a child of the 80s and I grew up playing this game. Let it suffice to say I know my way around a Jenga box. Be aware of two slightly disappointing things in this packaged version:

1) The box itself is a rectangle shape, which makes NO sense to me, given the square design of the block tower. The extra inch and a half of space on the side will surely lead to tipping, shifting, and tumbling of your carefully assembled tower when you put this away on the game shelf. Alternately, you can attempt to reinsert the included cardboard sheath every single time you finish playing, which, again, makes me ask WHY DID YOU MAKE THE BOX RECTANGULAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?! This box redesign is terrible. Totally counterproductive.

2) While there "technically" is a straightening sleeve that squares up your tower, it is made of very thin cardboard, and therefore sucks. See the attached picture for reference - it speaks for itself. "Wait" you might say.... "All I see is a piece of paper surrounding the Jenga blocks. Where is the sleeve?" Your eyes aren't deceiving you. That IS the "sleeve". The good old Jenga game of yesteryear came with a nice sturdy clear plastic sleeve that had a "floor" or "ceiling" (depending on your perspective) and two walls so you could build your tower into it and flip it over for the perfectly assembled and straightened tower. It was the Jenga equivalent of a billiard triangle. I have very little confidence in the ability and longevity of this flimsy cardboard imposter. I might actually just go on eBay to look for a real plastic Jenga stacking sleeve.

In summation, the blocks are fine, the game is still the same, but it's obvious Hasbro has cut some major corners in the production and packaging department. Bring back the original design and square box!!!
review image
0Comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2014
I've played Jenga with a friends set during the last Christmas and their pieces were much smoother and came in a different box. Maybe it's this version but honestly the pieces are very rough and don't feel sanded down well. As such it's difficult to play the game as the pieces stick together. I'd look to buy a different version.
VINE VOICEon April 8, 2013
I bought this to replace our original Jenga game that had found its way into my granddaughter's home, and found the pieces NOT smooth, a few were dented, and it doesn't play well at all. Either it was damaged and repackaged by the seller or Hasbro has gone way downhill.
0Comment60 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
I bought a Jenga set back in 1990, and the quality and size of the wood pieces in this set have decreased drastically since then. The wood is rougher, smaller, and feels less substantial. Disappointed with quality, but you can still have fun.
0Comment30 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
Its a OK jenga game. the pieces are wade or cheap wood and have a very cheap feeling from it so we did not end up using this game a lot. maybe i should have bought the more expensive version of this game.
on November 28, 2015
Played it for the first time and it broke!
review image
11 comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2014
I was laughing, watching Ellen at "The Ellen Show" playing a gigantic JENGA with her guest. It's so fun to watch people playing Jenga.

And here I am, playing Jenga with my 8 year old and 10 year old daughters. I like that little bit of thrill trying to pull one block out, and carefully stack it on the top. And no matter who wins or loses, everyone can't help laughing at the end when one player crash the blocks.

You don't need to understand English to play Jenga. That is great for me because I have many friends from Japan who visit me with their kids who doesn't speak English at all. When Japanese friends come over, my kids can play Jenga together, and they can all have a great time!! Like I mentioned in my "Connect 4" review, classic games such as Jenga and Connect 4 are wonderful tools to interact with friends who don't speak the same language.

Jenga is definitely one of the best classic family game!