Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style Name: Classic|Change
Price:$11.49 - $203.41

on November 13, 2015
$8 for a block of wood that keeps us and friends entertained for hours on. It's well worth the tiny investment. Anyone complaining about this game whether new or classic should invest in a new set of eyes. People have grown so impatient these days it's sad to listen to and watch. This game can be enjoyed by family, friends, kids, adults and people of all ages, sizes, sexes, races, cultures and backgrounds. Advice for today's generation would be, instead of giving a child an iP** or Xb**, try challenging and watching how much joy and excitement a 5 year receives from simply building the blocks. If the task is too monotonous and time consuming for the average adult, it would be a tremendous achievement for some children to build it themselves. Perhaps more for those who aren't accustomed to being stuck behind a TV or LCD screen. Maybe some children wouldn't care thinking about the challenge of pulling out each square. That can be boring for kids too. So why not munch on a few pretzels, and start a conversation while the little ones enjoy this game too. Then when it's finished being stacked, have a try at winning a game of Jenga. This game is one of the true classics from American pastimes. Also, I've recently learned that allot of countries don't play board or puzzle games like America does. So please don't knock this game for all it's worth. Small price to pay for an exchange for so much happiness.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 6, 2013
We bought one game for each table at our daughter's wedding, so strangers would have something to play with each other. It was a big hit. Our friends made friends with each other and are now have plans for later without us. The bride wrote love quotes on half of the pieces, and one in Spanish in each set. Whoever pulled the Spanish quote got to take the game home. This game has suspense with no real danger, appeals to all ages, is simple to play, and lasts forever.
55 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Style Name: Giant|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We love Jenga! We've played it for years - at home, on vacation, at friend's houses - it's a great game and everyone we know loves it, and this giant Jenga has kicked it up a notch. First off, let me say that this isn't Giant as much as it is Large. Giant makes me think of Jenga pieces so big that it takes two hands to pick them up, and there are companies that make yard-sized Jenga knock-offs with pieces that are three feet across. This is not that. It's Jenga x2: the pieces are exactly twice as big as the original Jenga pieces. 6" compared to 3" - so everything is doubled. So, it's large, but still manageable. You can still play it on a coffee table or dining room table, you don't need to clear a place on the floor. You do have to be careful though because when the tower comes down those big pieces fly! It's no more or less fun than the original, but it is a lot easier for guys with big hands to play... we have friends who alway find the original Jenga frustrating because their fingers are too big to delicately remove the small pieces. They love this one though! Jenga is a great game and this is an excellent addition to the Jenga family.

PS - Writing reviews has become an accidental hobby for me, and it always makes my day to know that people find my reviews helpful (and if not, why.) Also, if you have any questions, clarifications, or comments please feel free to leave a comment below. I usually respond pretty quickly and almost always within 24 hours.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
For the cost of this game (under $15) you really can't beat the amount of fun it delivers. My three kids (ages 4 thru 7) ALL love it (and trust me, there's no other game they ALL love) and my husband and I also love it - which sort of tells you that it spans generations. Frankly, this is one of the only games I can think of out there that is fun AND appropriate for multiple generations (UNO is another one). Try explaining to a 4 year old why she can't play trivial pursuit or convincing an adult to play operation for the 16th time and you'll see why having a multi-generation-appropriate game is so important. Mine also came with a neat little stacker, so that little hands can stack up all the blocks themselves before the game starts. It's great for building hand/eye coordination in little kids and is suprisingly durable given the number of times we've all made those blocks come crashing down!
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2015
Ok, I'm a child of the 80s and I grew up playing this game. Let it suffice to say I know my way around a Jenga box. Be aware of two slightly disappointing things in this packaged version:

1) The box itself is a rectangle shape, which makes NO sense to me, given the square design of the block tower. The extra inch and a half of space on the side will surely lead to tipping, shifting, and tumbling of your carefully assembled tower when you put this away on the game shelf. Alternately, you can attempt to reinsert the included cardboard sheath every single time you finish playing, which, again, makes me ask WHY DID YOU MAKE THE BOX RECTANGULAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?! This box redesign is terrible. Totally counterproductive.

2) While there "technically" is a straightening sleeve that squares up your tower, it is made of very thin cardboard, and therefore sucks. See the attached picture for reference - it speaks for itself. "Wait" you might say.... "All I see is a piece of paper surrounding the Jenga blocks. Where is the sleeve?" Your eyes aren't deceiving you. That IS the "sleeve". The good old Jenga game of yesteryear came with a nice sturdy clear plastic sleeve that had a "floor" or "ceiling" (depending on your perspective) and two walls so you could build your tower into it and flip it over for the perfectly assembled and straightened tower. It was the Jenga equivalent of a billiard triangle. I have very little confidence in the ability and longevity of this flimsy cardboard imposter. I might actually just go on eBay to look for a real plastic Jenga stacking sleeve.

In summation, the blocks are fine, the game is still the same, but it's obvious Hasbro has cut some major corners in the production and packaging department. Bring back the original design and square box!!!
review image
on January 13, 2014
I've played Jenga with a friends set during the last Christmas and their pieces were much smoother and came in a different box. Maybe it's this version but honestly the pieces are very rough and don't feel sanded down well. As such it's difficult to play the game as the pieces stick together. I'd look to buy a different version.
VINE VOICEon April 8, 2013
I bought this to replace our original Jenga game that had found its way into my granddaughter's home, and found the pieces NOT smooth, a few were dented, and it doesn't play well at all. Either it was damaged and repackaged by the seller or Hasbro has gone way downhill.
on January 3, 2014
I bought a Jenga set back in 1990, and the quality and size of the wood pieces in this set have decreased drastically since then. The wood is rougher, smaller, and feels less substantial. Disappointed with quality, but you can still have fun.
on September 3, 2014
I was laughing, watching Ellen at "The Ellen Show" playing a gigantic JENGA with her guest. It's so fun to watch people playing Jenga.

And here I am, playing Jenga with my 8 year old and 10 year old daughters. I like that little bit of thrill trying to pull one block out, and carefully stack it on the top. And no matter who wins or loses, everyone can't help laughing at the end when one player crash the blocks.

You don't need to understand English to play Jenga. That is great for me because I have many friends from Japan who visit me with their kids who doesn't speak English at all. When Japanese friends come over, my kids can play Jenga together, and they can all have a great time!! Like I mentioned in my "Connect 4" review, classic games such as Jenga and Connect 4 are wonderful tools to interact with friends who don't speak the same language.

Jenga is definitely one of the best classic family game!
review image
on January 20, 2014
Its a OK jenga game. the pieces are wade or cheap wood and have a very cheap feeling from it so we did not end up using this game a lot. maybe i should have bought the more expensive version of this game.