Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 11, 2013
The original game was much better. This one should be called Perfection JR and be set for ages 2-4. My 5 year old son did it so fast he was bored while waiting for it to pop. I know you can set the timer for less time, however 9 pieces is not enough. Bring back the original. I was very disappointed.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My children grew up many years ago with a larger version of this game, but this product has only nine different shaped pieces that fit into the playing board. The object of the game is for the player to place the shaped pieces into their proper places on the board before the timer runs down and pops all the pieces out.

This game is a lot of fun for my grandchildren, but I question the practicality of purchasing this smaller version of this game verses one of the larger ones. A larger version with more pieces would certainly be more challenging and hold little ones' interest longer. If this smaller version was meant for travel, I do not think it would work well in a car or plane, since the little pieces will fly all over the place when the timer goes off. Also, it was a challenge for adults in my household to fit the little pieces into the unit's storage drawer, so we can just forget about having our grandchildren stowing the pieces away in the drawer.

If your budget permits it, my suggestion would be to buy one of the larger versions of this game.
on December 26, 2013
This is a cheap version of the original. I thought I was buying the original sized Perfection (my mistake) but this is still not worth the money. The board doesn't stay down until you've had to press it several times, the timer moves incredibly slow, and with only 9 pieces it is super easy for even my 3 year old to do.
on December 23, 2013
Cheap .. poor quality! Could have purchased at Family Dollar Store. I do not recommended this product to anyone. A total waste of money.
VINE VOICEon September 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This version of the classic Perfection is a well-made, sturdy game with 9 pieces. The timer is adjusted to accommodate the timing for little fingers' manipulation of the yellow pieces into place, which include fun shapes familiar to young children: duck, turtle, moon, heart, fish, dinosaur, flower, sun, cloud. If the pieces are not put into place quickly enough, the timer activates the "board" beneath the pieces and they pop up and out of place. If the player (age 4+) beats the timer, a simple flip of the switch keeps the pieces in place. This is a great game for advancing hand-eye coordination skills while teaching patience and perseverance in preschoolers and kindergarten kids. One feature that could be improved is the small drawer size to hold the pieces for storage; it's as much of a challenge as the game, to fit all the pieces in correctly so it can close properly.
on September 30, 2013
I bought this product from Meijer. i like it, but here are my reasons for giving it a 4:

Pros:
Great for daughter who is 2.5years old
shapes are super cute and great for child
easy to pick up
durable? (so far nothing broke)
it does pop, and makes my kids laugh
easy to use
no setup required.

cons:
not the larger size, bought for 5yr old son, and he finishes it super fast, so i make him do it again on the same timer/i move timer to the 1/2 spot
the place that is supposed to hold the pieces is more of perfection because i have yet to figure out how to get them all to fit (i saved the box thank heaven)
on December 21, 2015
It's my mistake...but I thought I was getting the "real" Perfection at a great sale price. I should have read the reviews! (I usually do, but was in a big hurry.) All the negative comments about this version are true. It should be called Perfection Junior! It must have been intended for toddlers. Way too few pieces, way too long timer, and the board is sometimes hard to get to lock down. And I was getting it for a 10 year old. For all it is, $10 is over-priced. Now I'll have to fork over the 40 bucks to get the real thing so he won't be so disappointed. Arrrgh.
on December 8, 2014
Was disappointed for thevdi,please reason that I was expecting it to be like the one I played with instead it's far too simple, a three year old could solve it. Takes all the fun out of it.
VINE VOICEon October 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I remember this game from when I was raising my children, and I'm glad to see it back for my grandchildren.

This game has 9 pieces of varying shapes, and each piece has a tiny stick-up point on it. The idea is that children pick up the piece, match it to the corresponding shape on the board, and get all 9 parts in place before the board popS-up and scatters the pieces.

There is a loud ticking mechanism at the top of the board that counts down to the point when the pop will happen. There are also markings so that when a child masters getting all pieces in place before the pop, then he or she can try to go even faster and challenge themselves based on the previous mark for speed.

My 3 year old (almost 4) loved this game and was able to get 7 of the 9 pieces in place on her first try. She was startled and surprised by the pop, but loved it. Afterwards it became more fun to set the timer and see the pop than to get the pieces in place. Even my 7 year old - who could do the game easily - loved the ticking and pop of the pieces.

This game is excellent for shape recognition and the little stick-up top for children to hold the pieces is excellent for small motor development.

Negatives: there is a side tray to store all the pieces; however, even with adult supervision, it is just about impossible to get all the pieces in the tray and close it without breaking something. I finally resorted to using a plastic zip close bag to store the pieces.

Another negative is that all the shapes go together except for one....the dinosaur just does not fit with the flower, cloud, etc. I used this to make a "what does not belong" kind of game for my little one.

A three year old can do this with assistance, but the pieces are small so adults need to be careful that a child does not put something in the mouth - CHOKING HAZARD.
on December 12, 2015
So this is not what I remembered from when I was young! There are only 9 pieces to put in place... the old version was at least 15. My 4 yo son could put all 9 in place within time allotted. Novelty wore off within the next 2 days since they could finish it so quickly.