5.0 out of 5 stars A guy who is so tired he doesn't know how he's typing
Published 3 months ago by Matt

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun game but...
I had been eyeing this Jenga Tetris edition set since I saw it at Target and finally bought it today. I'm a fan of the original Jenga and the packaging and Tetris display on the outside popped out.

Published 15 months ago by H. Pham

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun game but..., September 8, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)

To my disappoint, the material the blocks are made of feel like a cheap plastic, not wooden blocks like the original. I knew it had colored pieces, expected it to be somewhat of steady blocks. DEAD WRONG. You don't even get that little plastic piece to straighten out the tower prior to starting the game. Anyways, the game itself is definitely entertaining, and there will most definitely be gaps when stacking some levels due to the L, short T, and diagonal blocks.

I've only had this for maybe 3 hours, played a few rounds with my family. Good idea, but presentation overall I give a 5/10. HASBRO should include leveler and make it out of stronger and more durable material.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jenga Tetris, October 28, 2013
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
Jenga and Tetris are two of my favorite games so I was excited to give this version of Jenga a try. Playing is pretty similar to the original game. You have to stack the pieces and try to move them without causing the stack to collapse. But instead of wood, the pieces are plastic and they come in the different colors and shapes from the Tetris video game. Playing was lots of fun and requires the same steady hand and coordination. The pieces are a little harder to set up than classic Jenga. Because of the odd sizes you can't get them all perfectly aligned and I found, for us, they did fall down a lot faster than they normally do with the wooden pieces. It was still a lot of fun and nice switch from classic Jenga.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still prefer good ol' original Jenga, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
I love Jenga, so I was disappointed in this one. As you set it up, not all the spaces are filled. And the pieces are plastic, which makes it act and feel differently than the original Jenga. The game ends a whole lot quicker. It's still fun and I love the bright colors. I guess I just expected more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cool Idea, bad in reality., April 4, 2014
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
The main problem with these things is they STICK TO EACHOTHER. All the time. Which pretty much means two rounds into Jenga you have to reset. And Unlike regular stick Jegna, it takes longer to set up because rather than just grab three you have to get them to fit together in a stack. You also don't even get many pieces. I got this because it sounded like hard mode awesome Jenga but it's just impossible in use and too lengthy in set up to want to keep playing. If the pieces where dyed, sanded wood then I would actually like this game. But the plastic sticks to eachother and it's just useless. We played it once and buried it away. Maybe we'll pull it out as a drinking game one day.

Just don't get it as Jenga. Get it as a floor version of tetris that's missing some pieces. Get it as a puzzle, get it as a Tetris fan, get it to glue magnets to it.. just don't get it to play Jenga. UGH.

5.0 out of 5 stars A guy who is so tired he doesn't know how he's typing, September 14, 2014
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
This is a false review. Make this item larger...ie the size of the giant jenga and you will effectively have gold in your hands. You've combined two of the toughest comig-of-age games into one. Monetize immediately by making a larger set of boxes/pieces that compete with the super-mega-deluxe-Jenga boxes. It won't pay for your retirement (if you're greedy) but what a cushion!!!! Love you!

Matt

4.0 out of 5 stars Plastic & no wood??, December 16, 2014
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
Ok so first of all, the added dimension of non straight blocks add a level of complexity to this game that you can NOT get with the normal Jenga. For the most part it plays like a normal Jenga game which is fantastic... My friends & I played at least 5 rounds giggling like school kids. Fantastic fun. The only issue that I seem to have with this is that it's made from plastic. Hollow, cheap, *sometimes sticky* plastic.

By "sticky" I don't mean like little kid sticky, I mean the blocks sometimes tend to stick to the other blocks. These blocks aren't treated with some type of wax like the wooden blocks are. Also, the weight of the wooden blocks adds a different dimension to that game as opposed to these VERY light plastic ones.

Still, at this price point you can't really ask for too much. A wooden Tetris Jenga option would be amazing. Until then, this will do just fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
cool idea but hard to play like the original name of Jenga better with wooden pieces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the family, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
It's a good game for the family just don't drink to much coffee before playing or the kids will mock you when they win. It's a good quality game and seems like it will last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product & Price, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
Exactly as pictured, fun take on the original Jenga especially for Tetris fans. Fun and challenging game for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Off The Devices, Family Game Night Returns!, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Jenga Tetris Game (Toy)
How to get the kids off their gaming devices, tablets and smartphones? That's a question my wife and I "toy" with often. Some of our ideas have worked, but for the most part the kids are still so dedicated to electronics. I bought Jenga for the family years ago -- the wooden version. We all love it. In fact, I've taken it out when friends come for dinner and conversation has lulled. Get's the party going right quickly.

My older son enjoys Tetris. My young son enjoys Jenga. Put it together and you have the magic of Jenga Tetris. This is a family favorite, and even though we've only had this version of Jenga for a few months, it has paid for itself over and over. The game is well made, it plays similarly to the old-school Jenga with the funky edge of the coolest video game ever -- Tetris.

You simply cannot go wrong with this game, for any age.

Jenga Tetris Game