Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 15, 2013
Maybe I'm a classics-freak but I didn't like the changes in this new version. 3 pawns per player versus 4, you can get out on any positive number, fire and ice rings make it a little more complicated for small children (gave to a 4 year old). I'm going to hunt down the original version for when my kids are old enough to play. Quality was good so would have given 5 stars for that but the game is so different and not what I was expecting had to mark it down.
77 comments|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2014
Can a "7" get 2 pawns out of start? Can FIRE replace ICE? Can ICE replace FIRE? ICE rules say you MUST move...FIRE says you MAY move...if you choose to not move the FIRE ring do you still get to move your pawn the 2 spaces? Can a pawn receive the FIRE before it gets out of START? Overall it is a good twist on a classic game, I am just a stickler for rules so these scenarios caused a lot of doubt and took away some of the fun of the game.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2013
I bought this in a store so I wasn't able to read reviews. I was shocked to see only 3 pawns per player and rules are SO different. This is not Sorry! In my opinion. Returning this version for sorry classic.
11 comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2014
Not really into board games. My son wants to play this all the time, which is cool with me. The problem, as others have pointed out is that the instructions suck. There are so many scenarios where he is lookin at me like "dad, what do we do" and all i can say is "got me son". no pawns out on the board, fire and ice in someones home??? Cmon Hasbro...you been makin board games for like a century now....figure this s($* out
on March 7, 2014
First thought with today's Sorry!: why is the new default edition of a nearly 100-year old classic board game so radically different? People buy these things so that parents and grandparents can pick right up and play with their kids. Make new games, Hasbro, but don't mess around with the greats.

But after accepting that Hasbro has seriously fiddled with Sorry!, it makes sense: while it has always been a great transitional board game for kids just getting into strategy, Sorry! still had a bloated midsection to it that could feel like an angry version of Candy Land. So Hasbro removes the idea that players get stuck in Start, although the they can get anchored elsewhere for short stretches when an opponent sticks them with the new "Ice" token. Conversely, "Fire" tokens allow a player to speed up until an opponent steals it away from them. These changes, along with reducing the amount of game pieces per player from four down to three, both tighten and spice up the classic game, if you must.

The real problem? They don't bother to write proper instructions for all the new gameplay. To enjoy this edition, you need to be prepared to develop and agree on a lot of "house rules" to account for the inexplicable, gaping holes in the official rules sheet. Why Hasbro can't be bothered to draw up instructions is a mystery, since its not as if they're putting all their effort into design or manufacturing. Sorry! gets sorrier through the years, just like all the other classic games this company has gobbled up from the remains of Parker Brothers and Milton Bradley. At least Sorry! is one of the few titles that has gotten substantially cheaper as Hasbro has made it smaller and flimsier, but it's not a version that will be passed down for generations.

There are options if you just want real Sorry!, made well: Hasbro contracts out classic editions of all their old games to companies like Winning Moves, which manufactures a serviceable legacy version. For much, much less you can even pick up a slightly worn, but very durable copy from years or even decades ago at your local second-hand store. If you want all the fun of the new Fire and Ice power-ups, a tip: bottle caps and/or coins work just as well, and just designate the 1 and 2 cards as optional distributors of them. Boom.
on January 3, 2014
I purchased this game for my kids for Christmas this year. Opened the box and saw the new "fire & ice" tokens and read the rules, and off we went. We are a household of rules, and the truth is, this game doesn't cover half of the things that can occur and how to handle them with the new tokens. For example, if you are the only pawn out of a "safe" area and you have an ice token, if you draw a card to move the ice token where do you put it? You can't place it on a "safe" pawn so do you discard it into the middle or are you forced to keep the ice token? This is just ONE example of about 5 different situations we've had, and we've only played the game two times. We've started listing our own rules, but were disappointed to find that the rules for the tokens were so vague. Note to Hasbro: How about you play the game a few times before you release it!
on February 28, 2014
I think Sorry is Sorry now, I like the OLD version MUCH better, and so does my Grandson, the new one isn't Near as good or fun as the Original version, why fix something if it isn't broken?? You SCREWED UP Hasbro!!!
on October 24, 2013
I should have read the reviews more closely before purchasing this game. I can't believe that they changed a classic game like Sorry! You don't even have to wait for a 1 or 2 to get out of home. I was very disappointed!
on June 14, 2014
I only give it one star because the new rules are stupid and having only 3 pawns. I have a 7yr old I just tell her the old rules and she goes with what I say luckily.
on January 9, 2015
I received Sorry! (The fire and ice version) for free from House Party and was very disappointed. The quality of this game has gone way way down. I was shocked to see that they removed one of the pawns so that you only have three to get into the goal. They also made the rules significantly easier so basically the game went by in five minutes and was no longer the fun and challenging game I once knew. The Fire and ice circular pieces that came with it were made of crappy cardboard that I nearly broke just trying to pop the piece out. The rules for the fire and ice pieces didn't make any sense whatsoever and I read them multiple times and just decided to set them aside. Sorry but not sorry I don't recommend this game. If you find the old version of it then get it since this game used to be amazing!
review image