Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I read about the Magic Jinn game, I thought it sounded like a great deal of fun--perhaps like a junior version of twenty questions. While I didn't expect it to be a sophisticated toy, it is really quite inexpensive looking and tiny (the difference between a Christmas gift and a stocking stuffer, this comes across as more of a novelty stocking stuffer). With the assistance of three triple A batteries, your tiny blue cat is ready to challenge you. Think of any animal, no matter how obscure, and the Magic Jinn will ask endless questions until it narrows down your guess. An adult with a wicked streak might be able to outsmart the Jinn, but most small children will choose appropriate animals that the Jinn can guess. So far, sounds good.

I know that some might object to the cat's rather sassy attitude. I, however, didn't mind that it poked fun at our intellectual prowess. If your kids can't withstand the playful taunts of this plastic cat, I worry about their survival in the big bad world.

My problem with the Magic Jinn is much more fundamental. It simply isn't much fun. The kids thought it was amusing once. Once you've done it, though, it becomes unbearably repetitive. It asks the same questions, it utters the same phrases, oftentimes it doesn't hear your responses. It's a decent idea, it just lacks replay value. After two turns, Magic Jinn was left behind and there has been no interest in reviving him. Might make an interesting diversion at a party (a very quiet party) where the kids only do it for a day, but not something that will be treasured or thought of very often otherwise. KGHarris, 10/13.
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2013
Magic Jinn is an awesome game for kids. It is one that causes them to think hard on the animals and the details about them. He has a slightly evilish voice but a very comical spirit. He brings about laughter and interactive fun for everyone.

His range of ability is beyond the "animals" he can even guess insects as well.

He is very simple so even younger children are able to be involved in the game.

You can turn down the lights and enjoy how his eyes glow when he is talking.

I gave 5 stars for fun... as everyone who is involved finds laughter with Magic Jinn.

I gave 5 stars for educational because your kids have to really think about the animal they have chosen which help with learning more about each type of animal and its characteristics.

I gave 4 stars for durability of Magic Jinn, as he seems very durable but I have not "thrown" him as some children could and I cannot say he will stand up to that, but feel like he would.

Overall I give Magic Jinn a 5 star rating. He is very interactive and fun for all ages. Adults as well as children will enjoy trying to stump Magic Jinn.

I will add I am a tester of products for BzzAgent and I did receive the Magic Jinn free of charge, however, I am to give honest reviews of the products that I test and this is my honest opinion of Magic Jinn... He is adorable and comes with many, many cute reactions to the answers he is given.

I hope that you can enjoy Magic Jinn as much as we have.
review image
on June 8, 2014
I bought the Magic jinn Game for my nephew and he absolutely loves it! He takes the cat everywhere and plays with it so much that he used up all the batteries, fortunately I bought rechargeable ones to go with it. He sleeps with the toy by his side in bed at night! He loves it so much!
on May 18, 2016
The Magic Jinn is not as smart as 20 questions. I tried several times to get it to guess porcupine, it could not. It repeats a lot of the same questions on the same try. It will also ask questions that logically don't make sense after what was answered. For example, "Is this animal larger than a microwave?" "Yes" and then 5 questions later it will ask, "Is this animal larger than a cherry?". If it was larger than a microwave, then it is obviously larger than a cherry. It guesses obscure animals like woodlouse and misses obvious answers like porcupine.
on December 8, 2014
this wasn't brand new...the box was already opened & looks like a sales price tag ripped off & the box was retaped together. That was disappointing, but for free shipping & the price...I'll live with it. It should be clearly written if this item is not new. I just hope it works....won't know until Christmas....
on May 17, 2014
A 5 star! Wow how does this work? You actually feel like your mind is being read and it knows if your trying to trick it. It's mind boggling and fun. This was a Christmas present for a 8 year old and 5 months later its still being played with.

A great party game.....a good buy.
on September 11, 2013
As a bzzagent I was given the opportunity to review the magic jinn and I am proud to say that not only did the kids love it but so did I!! We are not only having fun playing with this but are also learning about all types of animals. Some we have never even heard of. All in all this toy is fun and a great learning experience for all! I highly recommend this toy for kids age 6 and up!
on March 12, 2016
I got this for my little sister and to be completely honest when she said she wanted magic jinn I didn't have a clue what she was talking about but I knew I would find it on Amazon. I found it and sure enough it was a good price so I ordered it for her. I received it and gave it to her for Christmas and she was extremely happy with. Great buy!
on May 23, 2014
My son got this for his birthday. He and his sister have great fun trying to stump him. We often play with it in the car and the whole family joins in. When their friends come over, they want to play with him too. The only thing I would suggest if, like 20 Questions, you could think of things other than just animals.
on August 15, 2015
This is a fun guessing game! My children (6 and 9) love picking an animal for jinn to guess. This has improved comprehension and answering challenging questions. They love trying to stump the toy as well! Fun game!