5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it
My daughter received this doll for her bday and absolutely loves it. It does speak both english and spanish you just have to hold down the button on the bracelet to switch the language.
Published on October 23, 2006 by R. Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Language mode
Published on December 28, 2007 by jenvan820

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, October 23, 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Language mode, December 28, 2007
jenvan820 "Jen" (Simpsonville, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
I bought this for my niece, who has brown hair and brown eyes. The doll is bilingual, so you have to set the language to English because she comes in "demo" mode, which is Spanish. I followed the directions to change language to English, however whenever the doll's switch is turned to "off", her language resets to Spanish. This is VERY frustrating to my niece, who has stated that she doesn't want her baby to speak Spanish because she can't understand her. I can't find instructions to permanently change her language to English - though I am glad that, at least part of the time, she speaks English. Overall, Baby Alive is sturdy, well-made, and very cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT MY DAUGHTER ASKED FOR....BUT, November 12, 2006
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
My biggest complaint with this doll is that her hair seems to be a little thin. This does not seem to bother my daughter who got her for her birthday yesterday, she loves her. She does speak english but it took my older daughter (12) to figure out exactly how long to hold the button in on the bracelet. I think the doll should come with more than two diapers, especially considering she comes with 3 packs of food. Overall, I'm satisfied because my kid is happy with her but would recommend anyone buying the doll to have plenty of diapers on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars little girls love it!, January 2, 2007
fourcallmemommy (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
My daughters (ages 5 and 2 1/2) were given these dolls for Christmas. They love them and play with them every day, especially the 5-year-old. I think the littlest one may be a little too young to really enjoy her fully, but she plays with her when her big sister plays with hers.

I'm glad I didn't let some of the reviews discourage me from getting these. All the problems people are having with the limited English can be very easily remedied, if they read the directions fully. First of all, you must switch the doll from "display" mode, by moving the little switch on her back. The doll comes in the mode used so that people can try her out in the store. In this mode, she will only say one or two things in English. One you move the switch, you just have to "wake her up" and hold the button util she's speaking English. From that point on, she should speak English, even after waking up. However, if you turn her completely off via the back switch, you will have to switch her back to English by holding the bracelet down.

I really have not had a problem, and certainly don't have to spend time interpreting what she's saying. That's why they make directions - it tells about the display mode right on the front.

4.0 out of 5 stars K. Sykes, January 3, 2007
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
I purchased baby alive for my six year old daughter. She absolutely loves her. This a great buy, but keep in mind she does require food, diapers, and clothes. The baby alive diapers are expensive, and are hard for my daughter to put on her so we buy preemie diapers from walmart. The only complaint that I have is that the color on her lips does come off so we found a sharpie of similar color to put on them. Other than that she is a great doll. My daughter is very particular so I am happy that she likes her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great baby!, December 24, 2006
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
I love this doll and so does my 2 year old and my 5 year old. I couldn't get the 2nd one before Christmas and just got the Hispanic version, which I think it cuter (at least on the computer) than the Blonde Caucasion baby. My daughters only speak spanish from Dora the Explorer, but this may help them - and my 2 year old doesn't care which language she is speaking, she seems to know what she wants!

Anyway - I would suggest this doll for anyone! I EVEN LIKE PLAYING WITH HER!! LOL :-) I do agree with the not enough diapers and too much food. Right now we are just "Pretending" that she is eating, so we don't waste the diapers.

I'll give her an A++ her hair is thin, but her head is dark, so you can't tell. Not sure what the blonde hair will be like.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year old loves this doll, January 6, 2007
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
I got this doll for my 4 year old for Christmas. she wanted the Hispanic doll because she says it is "the cute one". I think it looks more babylike than the other two. She loves to play with her, especially feeding her food and her bottle. We haven't had an problems with her eating her food and you just need to slightly squeeze the bottle. We bought Pampers preemie diapers and they fit great and are much cheaper. Baby alive also fits into preemie clothes perfectly. I do have a few complaints though...the first time I wiped off her face the paint on her lips came off, her hair looks terrible unless you are far away b/c it is so thin, and she needs some more phrases to say (no she's not in trial mode). Overall, I think that this is definitely the most life like baby doll on the market right now and my daughter thinks she is the best toy ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Hair, June 8, 2007
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
As much as you pay for the doll, the hair is not much. They need to put more hair on this doll, but other than that the doll is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable doll but...., October 1, 2006
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
I bought this doll for my 22month old daughter. She loves the doll however the doll only speaks spanish. It would have been great if the doll were billingual. Everytime the doll speaks to my daughter I have to translate what the doll is saying to her. The only reason that I ordered this doll was because I thought that she spoke both english and spanish. Other then this issue with the doll I find nothing else wrong with her since my daughter still hasn't tried feeding her or giving her anything to drink. I have read reviews from others who say that the dolls diapers are no good since they leak when the doll wets. I guess the best thing to do for this is to buy small baby diapers for the doll. Not only are they absorbant but they are cheaper in the long run as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, even when I was a kid I loved it!, November 7, 2008
This review is from: Hasbro Baby Alive Hispanic Doll (Toy)
This doll is all my daughter wanted. I saw the hispanic one and snatched it up right away since it was the last one on the shelf. My daughter is half Filipino so I tend to buy her the hispanic looking dolls. They look so much like her. I am GLAD the doll speaks English since my daughter is NOT spanish and does not speak the language (expcept counting to 10 in Spanish) I did not need a spanish speaking toy. I think many of us moms buy who have brown hair & eyed children lean towards the hispanic dolls so it would be a dis-service to us if these dolls only spoke Spanish. We just bought it so I can't rate how durable, only time will tell. I gave it an average on educational because it does not teach spelling or counting but she has plenty of other toys and school for that. It does spark imaginative play (away from the TV) which I think is VITAL to small children. When buying a toy like this I think it's only common sense to buy extra diapers so I don't find that to be a negative.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›