Hasbro Family Game Night 3 - Nintendo Wii
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiChange
Price:$78.82 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
Let's face it, nowadays it is hard to get the family to all decide on one thing to do. Luckily, once we bought this game, we no longer have that issue.

I believe alot of people become turned off when it comes to board games partially because of the mess they create. Sure I could spend 20-30 bucks for a couple of these titles and I would probably have fun but loading everything back up in the box and getting it all to fit back in the box perfectly can be really frustrating.

Life - Great take on this classic game. The instructions and point of the game could be a little clearer for the younger players but once they get the hang of it they will really enjoy it. Me and my wife found ourselves laughing at alot of the fun aspects of the game. Especially when I had 3 kids and a wife on a teachers salary. OH BOY!

Mouse Trap - Very enjoyable except it is a little slower than I remember the actual board game being. There's just not much to do as you try to make your way around the board other than build the contraption which gets done pretty quick and then it's just a matter of rolling to eventually get to the end of the board.

Twister - They could have and should have replaced this with something else. Anything else in fact as it just did not translate well to the Wii.

Clue - An enjoyable take on the classic.

Yahtzee - Also an extremely fun take on the classic.

Overall I would suggest this for families who want to bring back the family game night. It was fun, replayable, and kept the kids engaged.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 31, 2010
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
We really enjoy these family game night Wii games. This one is great except for Twister; not really anything like the original Twister. Mousetrap is good, but a little slow moving. Clue is good with new twists that make it fun and easy to play on the Wii with a group. We loved Yahtzee Hands Down - very addicting! Our overall favorite was LIFE! Lots of laughs and very fun to play with the graphics. Like the original LIFE board game, the long version takes a while to play, but SO worth it.
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
I have the first Family Game Night and I love it. Honeslty the games in the second Family Game didn't appeal to me, but Family Game Night 3 is right up my alley. It includes the Game of Life, Clue, Twister, Mouse Trap and Yahtzee. All of them are my absolute favorites, especially Clue! With two little kids, we don't really get the chance to break out a board game too much these days, but it is much easier to turn on our Wii, play, and save it.

Each game has a classic and a remixed version which gives extra ways to play so you don't get bored! I will warn you though the Game of Life takes awhile to finisih if you play it 4-player (we had two computer players.) Twister is nothing at all like you'd expect, it is a game where you have to watch beats on the screen and hit the corresponding buttons that it shows, easy but it gets challenging! Mouse Trap is a game I hadn't played since a kid and I don't really remember, in the Wii game you play a mini-game to set up the trap and then you spend the end of the game rolling to see who gets trapped - a little slow but fun. Yahtzee is another favorite of mine and although this game is a little different than the traditional dice game, it is fun and addicting!

Overall, I really like Family Game Night 3 and think it is a great way to play old board game favorites on the Wii. This would be a perfect way for families to update their own family game night or just to play at a party. So far I have played this with just with my tween sister, but I am definitely breaking this out at our next party!
on September 13, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
I bought this for my child's birthday. She loves playing games on the Wii with others, but I feel I wasted my money.

LIFE: probably the best game on here. It takes a few games before you really understand what's going on.

CLUE: probably the second best. A little slow though

MOUSETRAP: My daughters favorite, but it gets annoying. After you have the trap built you are just rolling to get to the end of the game and does it really need to remind you on every turn that the trap is already built. Annoying

YAHTZEE HANDSDOWN: I have loved playing Yahtzee throughout the years, but not this. It's very confusing, had to play a few games to figure it out. Then you have to play with computer players unless there are 4 people playing. The computer players always win. In all the games I've played I haven't got Yahtzee once, but the computer players can get it 3 or 4 times a game. Frustrating.

TWISTER: Didn't even get through a whole game, it's just lame, not at all like Twister.

I think what else is a turnoff is you have to sit through Mr. Potato Head flying through space after each game and you can't click through it. Lame. My advice don't waste your money.
on December 29, 2010
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
In a sentence: All of my high hopes for this game were vanquished within a half-hour of playing this garbage.

Twister: This has nothing to do with Twister. I was, in fact, very intrigued and excited when it was announced that they were doing a game about Twister. It is essentially a boring version of DDR. If Twister was human, it would be suing for name defamation. 1 star out of 5.

Yahtzee Hands Down: It takes awhile to get the hang of this, and it's not the worth the time in the end. Not very fun. 1 star out of 5.

Mousetrap: The fun thing about playing Mousetrap as a kid was building the contraption. Now that it's done electronically, this game isn't much more fun than an electronic version of Chutes & Ladders. 3 stars out of 5.

Clue: I was most excited about this, and consequently most disappointed by it. In the original board game, you can take a "guess" whenever you enter a room. In this version, you start a "rumor" every time you earn 6 rumor points. You get rumor points by walking around the board, landing on spaces that have rumor points within the tiles. So essentially you're mindlessly wandering around, looking for rumor tiles, and when you do this enough times, you'll find out who the killer is by rule of elimination. The original was fun because you could use reverse psychology on others to trick them into thinking they know who actually dunnit, but this game takes all those aspects away. 2 stars out of 5.

Game of Life: Very, very slow pace. This is the best part of the entire game, and is "Family Game Night 3"'s best attempt at redemption. It's nice that you don't have to add and do the math, but this game is actually quite different than the original (can't buy insurance for your car or house, and there is no real variety to the spaces). 3 stars out of 5.

I thought this game would be great, if not for any innovative features, then at least for the fact I wouldn't have to buy Clue, The Game of Life, and Mousetrap separately as board games. But this Wii game makes me wish I had just bought those 3 board games instead, they'd be much more fun to play. I wish I would have rented this one.

Oh well. It'll be a good White Elephant gift someday.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 2, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
The games are lame. Very disappointed. Yatzee is ok. Bought it for Clue but it is nothing like the actual game and players are suppose to look away from the screen when others get clues. Ya right.
on January 18, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
This collection of games (Life, Clue, Twister, Mouse Trap and Yahtzee Hands Down) is a fun, entertaining group of family games that will certainly entertain you and your family. However, don't let the first impression fool you.

(Let me preface this by saying that I am not a game designer and, therefore, I have no useful suggestions for making the games better. The following are simply my observations.)

Each game has similarities to their traditional-equivalent game, but the differences are sometimes annoying and essentially make the games completely different than their original versions. Also, the full version of each game can be VERY long and somewhat monotonous. I'll keep the summaries very brief:
Life - The most like the original game; gameplay can be slow, but so could the original.
Clue - Similar to the original game, but not exactly; gameplay is slower than the original.
Twister - NOTHING like the original, as you'd imagine for a video game; fun and challenging, but gets boring and frustrating fairly quickly.
Mouse Trap - Similar to the original game; moves fairly quickly; likely most appealing for younger kids.
Yahtzee Hands Down - Not like the original YAHTZEE at all; fairly complicated to pick-up, but moves quickly; likely most appealing to adults and older kids.

All in all, this collection of games is quite fun and enjoyable. But, if you're looking for a replacement collection of sit-down-around-the-family-table-board-games, you've come to the wrong place.
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
My child and I only played Life and Twister. We could not figure out how we both could play at the same time. We had to take turns playing. I read the directions but it didn't help. The Life game was fun but Twister disappointed my child.
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
We got this game for Christmas, and after playing it by myself, with my wife, and my two kids, (7, boy and 4, girl) I wish I had rented this before buying it.

Life - Waaaaaaaay Slow playing. The mini games you play to get game cards are the most fun part of the game, but there are only a few of them. The rest of the game is kind of confusing, and slow playing. Love the board game, don't like the WII game.

Clue - This is the only one worth playing, but it has a few hiccups that make it less fun than the original board game.

Yahtzee - Might be fun, but can't figure out how to win, seems like the computer wins 3/4 of the time.

Twister - What the heck are they doing calling this Twister? Not related to twister at all. And worse, not fun at all. I've played a lot of games where you have to click keys to match a pattern, this one is hard for an adult, my seven year old couldn't play it all. No fun.

This game will be going on ebay quick.
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
Our family has loved playing LIFE, and so far that's the only one we really understand. Clue was confusing and we didn't really understand the purpose of going into each of the rooms when you could get rumor points and guess until you were correct. We've tried to play Yahtzee a few times, but can't figure out how to do it. Mousetrap was a little boring, and we don't see the point of collecting cheese. Like everyone else said, Twister is nothing like Twister. Overall, we're satisfied with our purchase even if the only game we play is LIFE. It would be nice for the instructions to actually include instructions for the games!