CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Lite-Brite Flatscreen - White
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Now you can create your next masterpiece wherever the mood strikes with this portable version of the original Lite Brite picture maker! Cordless and battery-powered, you can take your Lite Brite flat screen just about anywhere! Store over 200 colorful pegs in the storage compartment and choose from eight design-picture sheets. Or use the two free-form sheets and your imagination to design your own picture! Just position the picture sheet, push in the colored pegs and light up your artistry with the press of a button! The automatic shut-off feature helps make sure the fun keeps glowing for hours and hours! From Hasbro
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
It's perfect for creative play at home or on the go even nighttime travel. You'll even conserve battery power with the automatic shut-off feature. A convenient storage tray to holds all your pegs. Screen comes with light bulb, 10 design pictures, and more than 200 pegs. Requires 3 "D" batteries, not included. Adult assembly required. Measures approximately 10" x 8".
Top Customer Reviews
First, it's really cheaply made. Thin plastic junk, typical of the toys coming out today.
The drawer is convenient, but sticks. Almost every time we've opened, pegs have gone flying everywhere because of the difficulty in opening the drawer.
It is battery operated. You press the button and it automatically shuts off after 3 minutes. I'd prefer the electric type to this.
It doesn't stand up well, if at all.
You can't push a peg in without holding it or propping it against something. It's just not the toy I remember. I wouldn't buy this again and I definitely would not give this as a gift.
After watching her play with it, I have to say it enhances her fine motor skills when she has to pick up the small pegs and place them in the small holes, it also helps her identify letters and each colors initials i.e., p = purple, w = white, etc....all while creating a fun picture.
I'm going to get a few for gifts.
This newer model also features some improvements over the old classic including a drawer for the pegs, and the colored pegs joined into units of two, three and four pegs making for faster plugging and easier handling (see Customer Images). Can a multi-colored array of pegs offered in the format be far behind?
This version of the Lite Brite line does not have the same impact as the original (which is not for sale on Amazon), and the battery-powered light, while low in glare, is not nearly as long-lasting or strong.
My thoughts for Hasbro: 1. Make more theme sheets such as the examples pictured in Customer Images (Customer Images under the item picture); 2. Make multi-colored joined pegs; and 3. Distribute the lighting more evenly behind the working area; both the old and the new models capture all the light in the center of the frame.
But for under ten bucks, it's still one of the most engaging solitary games on the market.
But I have issues with the redesign.
1) The screen doesn't always stay standing when putting in the pegs.
2) There is no way to turn off the light. It is on a timer and you have to wait for it to time itself out and turn off. I imagine this means the bulb/battery will burn out sooner than if it was still plug in or had an on/off switch.
3) The patterns are not reuseable.
4) BUT my BIGGEST ISSUE is with the container that holds the pegs. It sticks so pretty much every time you have to open it, it pops open and all of the pegs fall out. After about 10 times of doing this, I'm ready to throw the whole thing in the trash.
Overall I would not recommend this toy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This fun little toy is a new take on the old classic. Lots of fun.Published 2 months ago by Derek Seth McArdle
My SIL just passed this toy down to my daughters this evening, and after spending about five minutes with the thing, I can see why she didn't want to keep it around. Read morePublished 12 months ago by MOHawkMama
This was great and my daughter loved it, until the bulb burned out and Hasbro told me that they don't sell replacement bulbs anymore. Read morePublished 14 months ago by LD
my daughter has used it once and I am ready to throw it in the trash.. first of all it came with some pictures but didnt even come with enough of the required colors to finish the... Read morePublished on January 1, 2013 by tammi
Lite brite is a great classic toy! It is a great way to learn colors and a great activity for kids' parties or playdates. Read morePublished on December 27, 2012 by SF
First of all if you are thinking of buying this toy... don't. The previous version was great. This new slimline one is junk. Read morePublished on October 3, 2012 by Y. Kingsley
Lot of changes compared to the old lite brite. Alot smaller and compact which was somewhat of a plus. Read morePublished on May 8, 2012 by christian