Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hasbro Shout About Movies#2
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 23, 2004
I got this game, having heard a little about it and decided to have some friends over to play it, all without trying it out first. And we ended up LOVING it. Everyone was totally involved with the questions, which range from easy to obscure, making it much, much better than Scene It, which takes too long and is too easy. We all were shouting out movie titles, left and right, having a great time. It has a section called Still Crazy, which takes a still from movies and starts out with the background, then drops in diff't parts, hats, chairs, until the faces are dropped in, all the while you have to guess what the movie is. It was a blast, and very creative. It's a good game whether you are a film buff or just someone who wants to go to the movies. So, if you're having a bunch of people over for the holidays, this is the game to get. All you need is a DVD player, remote and TV, with some friends to play along. You will have a great time.
on November 26, 2005
Bought this game last year in college and got a big group of people to play. After playing the game for ONLY 3 times we went to play it a fourth and figured out that it does not mix up the games or videos like Scene It does. This was the biggest waste of money that I have ever spent. I would save the money you spend on these Shout About Movies dvd's and get any one of the Scene It's . I have had my Scene It game for over a year and a half and I have never played the same game twice.

The concept of this DVD was a good idea however only being able to play this game 3 times was a horrible idea. I have even recommended to people I see picking it up to rethink their decisions and tell them about the game. After I wrote my complaint to Hasbro about their game not having any information on them (at the time of purchase) about it can only be played 3 times, I received no response from them and am still furious that they do not care about their customers.

If you have bought the game and do not like it then I would go to [...] and complain. Maybe if enough of us do that they will start listening to someone.
on January 24, 2005
As reviewers point out below, the DVD is good for three games. Once you played all three, that's it.

But those three games will be a lot of fun. All instructions are on screen and very easy to follow. Setup time is under three minutes.

The game moves very quickly. There is enough variety in the games to keep everyone glued to the screen all the time. Even if a team opens a big lead during the game, the last round, where teams can bet points (including all points), makes the game competitive up until the last round.

The game keeps track of the points on screen. It's a great feature.

We played a round with four people (two in each team) a couple of nights ago. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to play with bigger teams.

Bottom line: at about $8 per game, it is a great investment.
on December 14, 2004
I got this game and I do agree this was a blast to play. However, there are only three games on one DVD so you can only play the game three times. So I think for the $19.99, you'd be better off playing Scene it, which has way more questions and younger players can play as well because it is a tad easier.
on January 28, 2005
I loved the Disk 1,, it was great, I love the concept, the on screen scoring, the old and new mix of movies (All of us knew something, our 10 yr old, 14, 16, 19 yr old and us) I HAD to get game two, got it cheap, was so excited... we just played it, and at least half, seemed like more, were the same movies represented on the first disk.

The questions were different, the scenes were different, but once you go through the same answers, it was more just trying to remember what last disk's answers were... I was sooo dissappointed....

Seems as though the company only got the rights to a few select movies,,, and had to rearrange questions to come up with same answers...

Too bad.. I was hooked.
on January 9, 2005
We went to a New Year's Eve party with adults some some teenage children and found this to be a great way to include everyone - the younger people could answer about shows that us older folks had not even heard about. Our hosts had gotten a three CD set for Christmas from one of their grown children.

It was great fun - we all highly recommend it! The only downside is that those of us who have played it cannot play again.
on September 17, 2006
I am hooked on the whole Shout About... series. It is extremely fun to play with friends and family. The only downside is that if you have played any of the other discs, they use the same movies, singers, etc on all the discs. They just use different scenes,etc. But it's still a good game to own.
on January 3, 2005
If you're a movie buff or just watch a lot of movies then this game is for you. The best part about this game is that somehow it keeps track of the score for you.

It's a fun, competitive game, and extremely portable.
on December 16, 2004
My friends and I, all in college, are major movie buffs, so when another friend told me about the game, I was eager to try it. Some parts are tough, but with the team setup of the game, it seems to even out. Favourite rounds were Still Crazy: a round where scenes are built piece by piece, a word association round: 6 clues are provided and the idea is to name the movie, and the quotes round, of course! The hardest rounds were the matching and the trivia rounds. Still, we had great fun. Its better if the teams are evenly matched, then its more fun. The main objection I have is that in the 8 rounds, many of the movies are dated and overused. There are great ones, though...Rain Man, Cast Away!! Also, this game is linear in progression, there is no variation in the order of the questions. Scoring uses the honour system. There are 3 games, each lasting around 45 minutes at the very fastest, its the same as the cost of a regular DVD and is much more fun with lots of people. I have bought this for several people and some of my friends have as well. Recently I played a game where a 12 year old and an 82 year old were playing so don't worry about the age thing, both enjoyed it. Really, I recommend it.
on July 24, 2014
I purchased it to use with my high school film class….only problem is once you use it and the kids know the answers, then what?