Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tonka Toughs Grader
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Price:$29.52+ $6.99 shipping

on January 11, 2009
My almost 4 year old asked Santa for a grader for Christmas. "Santa" spent some time researching graders and found this one. My son was thrilled needless to say and wanted to play with it immediately. It is very durable and easy to manuver. I am very happy with this purchase.
on July 27, 2011
This road grader is a nice size and is well made. I seems to be a hit with the grandson. The only negative problem, and this is a something that I am going to have to fix, is that the grader blade, in its lowest position, does not make enough contact with the sand to do much grading. I think that I will probably need to pop-rivet on an additional piece of plastic or metal so as to extend the blade by about 1/4 to 3/8 inch.
on December 6, 2011
was looking for a grader to replace the bruder one that lasted 4 mos. I have a creative 3 yr old who loves to build roads. was excited to finally find one made of metal but was extremely disappointed to find upon its arrival that the blade is made of plastic. Am sure it will brake in no time, will see how good Tonka is at warrantey.
on April 24, 2014
bought this for my grandson when he was about four years old - he loves it still two years later. he also has the dump truck, bulldozer, front loader, so he can do a lot of earth moving in his sandbox or backyard dirt areas. well built, durable, fun - a great toy!
on September 4, 2012
My son freaked when he opened this toy on his 4th birthday. We took it right out to the sandbox and he made roads for all his trucks and tractors. I have to put it in the tub with him when we come in from using it so he can play with it in the house. We usually get him Bruder trucks/tractors, but the reviews for their grader said that it wasn't very durable. I am happy we went with this one.
on February 17, 2013
Our grandson(4) loves his grader. We gave it to him for Christmas and he pushes it all over the place - sandbox and driveway and in the house after cleaning of course. Very sturdy and parts move easily.
on October 24, 2013
The grader is sandbox-tough, just like we've come to expect from Tonka. And it's a substantial size at 18 inches long. There are two parts you can manipulate. First, you use your hand to manually adjust the position of grader blade. It moves laterally to angle the blade left, right, or straight, but there is no height adjustment. Second, there is a metal handle on the back of the cab that you push left or right to angle the front wheels. If you're not familiar with real graders, this is one of their unique functions. My 2 year old can do both of the manipulations on his own after I showed him how it works.

The product came snugly in a box that did not have any ties or screws. I was able to wiggle the grader out of the box easily right in the store, so Tonka averted a meltdown for me there. Thank you!

My only disappointment here, and this was brought about by my son's ongoing tantrums about his newest Tonka truck, is that the grader blade's height cannot be adjusted, and it sits slightly higher than the surface it's on. I'm sure this is by design to ensure the life of the plastic blade, but it's something that my young son noticed right away and is very upset about. If you want to know how he knows all about graders, it's because we've watched product demos of real graders on YouTube with him so he knows what parts are capable of being moved. You can put something in front of the blade, and as long as it's higher than maybe a 1/4 inch, the blade will push it. But he is upset that he can't simulate grading or snow plowing on the living room carpet because there's a noticeable gap between the blade and the floor. I explained to him that this is how it works, but he's not buying my explanation.

Be sure you price shop. I bought the same one at Toys R Us for 24.99 regular price because the current listings on Amazon were much, much higher. Given the product, I'm more than pleased with its value. Although I sometimes buy Bruder for its lifelike detail, the Tonka is about half the price, and if you're not sure how much your child will play with it, or how well they'll take care of it, this might be a better option.
on September 1, 2012
The Tonka Tough Graders really isn't so tough, found an original at flea market all metal and is still around in good shape.
The vendor was prompt with shipment and the toy is okay but won't last like the original one.
on January 7, 2014
The overall construction is good and metal as described. The blade on the bottom is plastic and I am concerned as to how long it will last. If you have boys, you know they want to dig in all dirt and I'm afraid the plastic blade will not hold up for much digging. Time and thawed dirt will tell!
on October 19, 2012
Tonka is known for its durability and lifetime warranty. That is what really attracted us to this toy. My son is 2 and loves it. We haven't completely tested out its durability since we have only had it a short time but I will say that my son likes to throw his Tonka trucks across the room and they have held up just fine. Highly recommend. I also want to add that the seller got the item shipped to us right away and it arrived faster than promised!

See 1 answered question