Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 5, 2012
This book is great and extremely helpful if you are homeschooling or considering homeschool. While all topics in this book are very true and helpful, they are difficult, if not impossibe, to implement in a regular school setting. It is definitely worth reading because any parent can implement most ideas at home and make suggestions to their child's teachers. This is a book ALL public and private school teacher should read and use in their classrooms, where possible.
on June 22, 2006
I picked up this book at the Homeschooling convention in Orlando FL. While I do not homeschool, I am at the table every night helping my son with homework and trying to add some challenges to his studies. This book not only has helped me with my child, but with other adults! Ms. Tobias has truly put in print what I have thought so many years, but I could not put into words! If you have children, read this book! If you have co-workers, if you have subordinates...read this book!
on December 24, 2013
I like this book so much I have ordered two more copies to give to a school teacher and to a child therapist I know. The quotes from school kids ranging from grade to high school are priceless and offer a look into the minds of young students who spend their days in classrooms. Some of the ideas simply aren't practical in a crowded, money starved school system but it still should be read by teachers and parents
on January 19, 2014
Every child is different, as we know, but why does one hate school and another love it? Cynthia has a way of making plain the areas to be looked at and the way to change the child's mind and heart. Recommend!!
on November 3, 2006
This book is an excellent, well written source that could help parents with their school age children. It will help identify the inner makings of the way we each learn (and teach) one another valuable things in life, as well as how we learn in school. Cynthia Tobias is humorous and an expert in the field of learning skills. This book is a MUST READ. Read her other books too!
on March 21, 2011
I'm a single-mom of a kindergartner who hates school. I was searching for some kind of practical advice to help me with him, and unfortunately, this book did not. It is very much a book geared towards reforming the school system to fit the child. There were some good ideas for doing that, but right now, I'm more interested in fixing the problems I'm having with my son - NOT changing the entire school system to fit him.
on February 24, 2015
Cynthia Tobias does it again. This practical book is based on a good theoretical foundation and helps give ideas for helping at-risk students.
on October 11, 2010
This book is really helping me understand kids and my own kid specially I really would say every parent should get to know about their kids.
on February 6, 2007
If your child is having difficulty in school, or just doesn't like it, this book is a must read. It gives great information that all parents as well as anyone involved in the school system should know. I highly recommend it.
on June 16, 2011
Where is "Chapter One: Who's the Customer?"

I have had the privilege to attend lectures from Cynthia Tobias when I was earning my Bachelors degree in Biblical Counseling. I am an advocate for students and this book is just what parents need to step up and keep their kids in school, plus gain their own incite as to what their children are thinking.

I need chapter 1!!!! % stars for the book, 3 stars for not being complete! [...] for verification of the book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse