"AM I LOSING MY MIND?"
People with Borderline Personality Disorderexperience such violent and frightening mood swingsthat they often fear for their sanity. They can beeuphoric one moment, despairing and depressed thenext. There are an estimated 10 million sufferersof BPD living in America today -- each displayingremarkably similar symptoms:
- a shaky sense of identity
- sudden violent outbursts
- oversensitivity to real or imagined rejection
- brief, turbulent love affairs
- frequent periods of intense depression
- eating disorders, drug abuse, and other
- an irrational fear of abandonment and an
inability to be alone
For years BPD was difficult to describe, diagnose, andtreat. But now, for the first time, Dr. Jerold J. Kreismanand health writer Hal Straus offer much-neededprofessional advice, helping victims and their familiesto understand and cope with this troubling,shockingly widespread affliction.