VINE VOICEon September 27, 2012
Color: Red and BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really wanted to like this stroller, but I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. I like so many of the great features this stroller offers but using many of these features is cumbersome at best.

Assembly for this stroller wasn't bad. It took me about ten minutes to snap it all together. No tools are required so that's a plus. If you are familiar with the pictogram instruction manuals from Ikea, then you'll feel right at home with the instruction manual for this stroller. I wasn't impressed with their pictogram instruction, especially since it failed to tell you how to use the universal car seat adaptor that is included with the stroller. I had to figure out how to attach that by trial and error. Maybe it's just me, but something that has the important job of holding your infant should have some clear instructions on how to use it.

The "lightweight steel frame" for this stroller is HEAVY. I was shocked at the weight of this stroller. It's not something I would want to be lifting in and out of my van on a regular basis. I thought the Britax B-Agile double was a bit weighty for a light weight double, but next to this behemoth, the B-Agile seems like a feather weight.

Folding this stroller is cumbersome. You need two hands to press the releases to fold it, and because of the stroller's weight I felt like I was getting pulled down with the stroller as it folded. The stroller doesn't self latch when it folds up, so you'll have to manually latch it with a latch the likes of which I haven't seen on a stroller since the old Graco strollers from 11-14 years ago. Between the massive weight and ancient style latch, I felt like I was time traveling.

I do like the upholstery for the stroller. It's very nice. The seats are also nicely padded. My eleven month old seemed to find the stroller comfortable in both seats. She had plenty of leg room in the rear seat, but I think an older child might feel cramped in that seat. It's important to note that the weight limit for the rear seat is 33lbs and the front seat can hold up to 40lbs. I was a bit surprised to see that the box for this stroller says it's for infants aged 6 months and up.

The recline on the front seat is quite nice. Simply pull up on the metal bar to adjust the back rest. This is actually the type of seat recline that I prefer on a stroller. It's much nicer than the "infinite recline" features that utilize a mesh strap. The rear seat has a zipper recline where you pull down a zipper that is located on either side of the seat. It's does the job, but it doesn't recline very far.

The "generous" canopy isn't anything to write home about. It's a big canopy, but it doesn't offer full protection for the child riding in the front. The child in the rear seat can be fully covered by this canopy, but you'll have to unzip it to get to your child.

The included rain hood it a nice touch, but whether or not you'll need it depends on how frequently you get stuck out in the rain while using the stroller. I have a Chicco stroller that has a rain hood that has been used just once in seven years. Rain hoods like this are really only worth the effort it takes to put them on if you're actually going to be out in the rain for an extended period while it's raining (think a day at an amusement park or a soccer game, not a quick run through the parking lot from your car to the store).

The stroller handles nicely and offers a smooth ride. The front wheel swivels well and offers good maneuverability. The one touch break is nice, but I found the one on my stroller to be a bit stiff. Maybe with use it will loosen up a bit. The adjustable handle bar is a nice feature, too.

Aside from the massive weight of this stroller my biggest annoyances with the stroller come down to it's inability to be folded up with it's attachments in place. If you add the second seat, you'll have to take it off to fold it up. The idea of having to install and remove the second seat anytime the stroller is being used is very unappealing. The same goes for the universal infant seat attachment. You can't fold the stroller with that attached so you'll have to go through the process of attaching and detaching that every time you have to lug this stroller in and out of your car. I suppose the people who designed this weren't too worried about how convenient this stroller would be for the parents who would be using it.

Surely there are better double strollers out there for those seeking a tandem model. Testing out this stroller gave me a newfound appreciation for the Britax B-Agile double. That one is lighter, folds up easily and bit more compactly and can hold up to 50lbs per seat. It also has better handling.

For what this stroller costs, I would pass on it and find something else. Sometimes it's best to visit a local baby store and test drive several models to see which one will best suit your lifestyle. The Hauck FreeRider just isn't a good match for our family.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 11, 2014
I am not one to review products because frankly I don't normally care but this one I just could not let somebody else suffer with what I have to go through every day! I read the reviews and thought the reviews are OK! When I got mine it was and still is a piece of junk
Here are the pros and cons to this stroller.

Pro
* looks good
( oh man I didn't realize that's the only nice thing I have to say)

Con
* frame is weak mine is bent now because it is so flimsy
*wheels are foam so you will hear clicking constantly because of the stones that are stuck in them
* you can not put the hood on to protect your second baby sitting in the back if you have the car seat attached
* the rain cover does not fit over the car seat so if it rains your screwed
* this isn't a stroller for a new born and toddler
* the back chair reclines an inch if you UNZIP yes I said UNZIP (cheap) both sides of the chair
* the little metal buttons to attach the frame always get stuck inside of the frame (very dangerous)
* the wheels squeak constantly (very embarrassing)
* there is no cup holder (try pushing two kids with a drink in your hand! Extremely stressful)
* basket is not a carrying basket it is your baby's foot room (I can get a gallon of milk and that's it)
* the seatbelts are a pathetic excuse of a seatbelt they come unbuckle with a bit of force
* if you have a small car don't not dream of getting this thing in your trunk even though you have to take it apart anyway
* I have to attach the car seat to it because the chair are so unsafe
* to navigate I feel like I am pushing a car there is no help with the wheels it's like not having power steering in your car

And the list could go on........ Like I said I am not normally one to write reviews but I just can't let you find out by the "oh I'll see how it is and if I don't like I'll send it back" motto the return shipping is a PAIN That I why I still have mine they seriously made me go around the houses to then tell me that I am now too late to return it. Anyway I have never had a problem buying anything from amazon before and will stay a loyal customer but if I get another dodgy thing at my door step I am going to CRY!!!! Hope this helps good luck.
on February 7, 2013
I've had this stroller now for about 6 months and I love it! I think it is great quality at a great price.

The instructions were a little hard to read (the pictures) but we figured it out and you only have to assemble it ones.

The material is great quality and very well made.

To the other reviews that complain about it's weight and that it does not fold together as thin as they would like it to, it is a double stroller. I don't think the Phil and Ted or the double Bob's would be any different from it. I know I could not fit a double Bob in my trunk. I have this stroller as my at home stroller and have a more compact one for my car, but it will fit into my car if I do decide to take it with me. To fold it with the car seat adapter and the 2nd seat you need to remove those items, but that is not a big problem. Once that is done it is pretty compact (we have it sitting in a corner in our living room).

When I was looking for a double stroller I had 3 main requirements. I needed it to be a tandem stroller, I needed it to be tall enough since I am 6 feet tall and I wanted to be able to go running with it. All of these are meet by it.

This stroller has height adjustable handles and adjust to a position that fits me and my husband comfortably. I tried the Phil and Ted's with the height adjustable handles and they did not extend high enough. The handle itself seems a little "loose" (like one other review said). There seems to be some play in it, but it still is very stable and safe with it and it's holding up great!

When this stroller is in use with the 2nd seat adapter and the car seat adapter the front seat has to be fully reclined, which takes a little bit from the 2nd seat space, but my +2 year old does not seem to mind. My +2 year old finds the front as well as the back seat both comfortable. The universal car seat adapter work for the graco snugride 35.

The wheels are not filled with air, which can be a positive but also a negative. The plus side is that you get no flat tires and don't have to change tubes. The downside is that the ride is a little harder, some gravel can get stuck in them and it does not run quite as easy as with well pumped up tires.
I take this stroller on 3-9 mile runs regularly and it performs great. The stroller has a lockable swivel wheel but I never lock it for my runs and the front wheel always maintains steady ground contact without any vibration.

The rain cover is a nice extra, but so far I have not had to use it as I usually stay away from running in the rain.

This stroller might not be perfect, but it is pretty close to it especially considering that it is half the price of a Phil and Ted. I think it can easily compete with the Phil and Ted and for tall people this is really the only tandem jogging stroller out there that will work!
I purchased a separate (stroll-air) storage compartment for the handlebar and it works great with it without interfering with the child in the 2nd seat.

I would definitively recommend this stroller to a friend.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 8, 2013
For being an inexpensive inline double jogging stroller, it's a great product. It is lightweight despite what another mom had to say. I'm used to lugging around a 25 lb toddler, so lifting the stroller into the back of my car was a piece of cake. It fits nicely into the trunk of my Altima with ample room to spare. We took a road trip with it and had room in the trunk for the stroller and all our luggage. I really appreciate the engineering behind the buttons to take the wheels off, second seat off, adjust handle angle, etc instead of forcing tiny metal spring buttons back inside the latches to disassemble the stroller. Very easy on your fingers! I also have no problem pushing it one-handed in a straight line with the front wheel unlocked, which is great when you have a coffee or dog leash in your other hand.

But, there are a few quirks that drove me nuts at first. There's a play in the handle that is a little unsettling at first. After a few walks, I'm completely used to it and don't even notice it anymore. The wheels look and feel like a very cheap plastic with a rubber-like quality to them where they touch the ground. It's so soft that little pieces of gravel imbed themselves into the wheel. I haven't used it long enough yet to determine if this is destroying the wheel or not, but if it is, I bought a pack of extra wide heavy duty rubber bands to wrap around the wheel to act as a barrier, just in case. I do wish this stroller came with a snack tray and parent cup holder, but that can be fixed with a few add ons. I do not like the wheel locking feature because it causes the stroller to pull to whichever side your road or sidewalk surface is canted toward, so I just don't use it.

For the price, I'm willing to work with its flaws.
VINE VOICEon September 27, 2012
Color: Red and BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never owned or used a double-stroller before so I wasn't sure what to expect when I recieved this one. Comfort for the kids would my biggest concern along with safety, and then ease of use would be my next concern.

Right out of the box this stroller was fairly easy to assemble, there were no tools required. Although the picure diagram instructions leave a bit to be desired I was able to figure everything out.

This is a heavy stroller (as I would expect any double-stroller to be), it's not something you can just whip in and out of your car and pop open and go. Expect to spend a few minutes opening and closing it,and getting everything situated as you want it to be. Folding the stoller is a bit awkward at first, until you've done it a few times. I contacted Hauck's customer service department about the folding of the stroller while the second seat is attached - they assured me that it can be done. With a little effort you can fold the stroller with the second seat attached, however I was not able to get it to latch. That didn't mean I wasn't still able to lift it in the folded position and place it in the trunk of my car, which was far easier than taking the second seat off and then folding the stroller. I guess it's all a matter of priority - I know that in the trunk of my car it doesn't matter if the stroller is latched in the folded position or not.

The padded seat seems very comfortable (at least my daughter had no complaints). I like that you can take the padding out for cleaning.

The canopy leaves something to be desired - the child sitting in the front gets very little coverage, and while the child in the back is completely covered you cannot easily get to that child if you needed to. This definitely needs some improvement.

Reclining both seats is very easy, although the child sitting in the back I think might get a little cramped after a while for a long ride. The rain hood that was included was a nice surprise - not something I think I'll use often, but it's nice to have if I ever need it.

The stroller drives nice and smooth, I love the adjustable handle which makes pushing a stroller for a shorter person like myself much more comfortable.

Overall this is a nice heavy-duty stroller, built very well and allows the little ones to ride in comfort. It does need improvement in a few small areas which for the price of the stroller I definitely think they need to work on.
on May 13, 2015
Absolutely love this stroller. I was back and forth between this and a Phil&Ted's but took the plunge and purchased this one. The few things that made me nervous before purchasing was the handle bar and plastic tires because of others reviews. After taking it out on my first walk I can tell you that both were no longer issues. The handle bar adjusts so it feels a bit loose if you push up but when you push down to go up a curb it is very sturdy. The wheels glide just as easily as rubber or tubes. Puting this together was the easiest part! Everything clicks in to place. I put the wheels, second seat and car seat adapter on in 10 mins. Also having the car seat adapter included in the price is amazing. Such a great deal. I purchased seperately a handlebar bag to hold waterbottles and my phone so that was no big deal. It folds up about as thick as any other jogger so don't expect it to fit well in trunks with small openings. I hope this helps others that are deciding on if they should buy it or not.
on January 6, 2015
Loved it and it served me well walking for at least 3-4hours per day for a year. I had to sell my as we moved back to US. I am saving up to buy one again. ^^
on March 14, 2015
This is a high quality stroller. Many strollers that my fiance and I contemplated buying had a plastic construction, just the same as the cheap ones. This stroller is in a class all by itself. It is made of steel. All stitching and padding is flawless and super high quality. I do wish it came with a few cupholders and a place for a cell phone but it is WELL WORTH the money. I belive that this stroller will last a very long time. I'm very happy I spent the extra money and bought a Hauck!
on January 20, 2015
I really love this stroller! I love that it comes with a car seat adapter and that I can take my toddler and baby for a walk. I really like its narrow design and I feel like it rides pretty smooth.

The only complaint that I have is that it's very bulky when folded down. I have a pretty small trunk and it will go in, but not much else will fit in the trunk.
on August 22, 2014
The joint where handle bars connected has a plastic guard that bent in one time when were unfolding the stroller. Now every time we unfold the stroller, we have to adjust that bent piece of plastic. It's a tight fit, so it's hard to pull it out and set the joint at the same time. It's an expensive stroller, and this is definitely a flaw in the design.

See 1 answered question