4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product with the right expectations
Not sure why there are so many bad reviews but I think this product is decent. My biggest complaint is the limited selection of colors on the Luminess website and the price per bottle.

Here are some points in response to some other reviews:

Published 13 months ago by Katherine Rodriguez

The company, product and buy one get one deal is a SCAM!!!!!!!
Published 7 months ago by Alana

1.0 out of 5 stars False claims. False advertisements. Scam artists. I wish we could give NO STARS!, March 18, 2014
The company, product and buy one get one deal is a SCAM!!!!!!!
Do not buy it! Save yourself and your energy. The company has falsely advertised their product to the point that it is laughable. The polish in the bottle is not the same color as what you order based off of the photos on their site. Not only that when you actually use the polish it goes on your nail like a slightly tinted top coat. You have to paint/set/paint/set/PAINT/SET and sometimes even PAINT/SET AGAIN just to get what looks like a real painted nails look. If that wasn't bad enough....the nail polish chips the next day!!!!!! Seriously, the very next day! Also it's damn near impossible to get the edges of your nails covered because when placed under the little light...the polish SRINKS on your nail! Then, just when you're finally done painting your nails like you're detailing a car the color neither matches what is IN the bottle NOR what you ordered from the images online. I bought the Haute Polish from their website using the BOGO "deal" they were offering "*Try Haute Polish for only $14.95. Then after 30 days when you love Haute Polish, it's only three easy payments of thirty-three dollars." After the first few days of dealing with this trash I called and cancelled the polish order that they had very sneakily and "Haute Polishly" friend to make me pay for more polish even though I had canceled the extra polishes....who wants more of the crap the doesn't work?! They are now trying to say that I owe $53 and the customer service response I got was, "...Your club was cancelled but is a total separate account from the original order. There is a remaining balance on the account for 53.00 in which is the final payment owed. Failure to make the payment can affect your credit rating...." Nowhere on their sit nor in the terms and conditions does the math EVER come to $53 dollars! These shysters think they're slick, but I fully intend to spread the word about this product and the company and I encourage you all to do the same. I will come back and post updates along with photos so you can see the waste of time device hard at work.

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS!, July 1, 2013
Please do me and yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS! I bought this and extra products through a living social deal. Two of the nail polishes were dried out, the bright blue was sheer at best, the light does not stay on for more than 60 seconds and it DOES NOT dry the polish. When I tried to call the company for a refund (which operates under Luminess Direct LLC) they said it was final sale because of the livingsocial deal. They would NOT offer me ANY refund at all, even for the extra products I bought through them, not covered under the livingsocial deal, and just kept saying it was final sale. The best they were going to do was send me more polish, but if the light doesn't work the polish will do me no good. They tried to give me tips about using a cleaning cloth to wipe off the excess after using the light, but since the light was not drying it, we all know that if you wipe off something that is wet it is just going to all come off, and that is exactly what happened when I tried. They said they would not replace the UV light. I currently have a dispute filed with them through the Houston Better Business Bureau and through my credit card company. PLEASE save yourself the headache and DO NOT buy any products from GHP Nails or Hautepolish.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, July 3, 2013
Takes forever to dry, colors are so sheer you have to do it 3 times to see any type of color on your nails. Do NOT waste your $!!!! Very upset and i wish I could return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Results, August 21, 2013
Did not work as advertised, horrible results
don't waste your money. Its not as easy as it
looks on tv...

1.0 out of 5 stars One step my a**, September 16, 2013
First off I have the "sensationail" system and love it. So since I already had the light and I saw the infomercial and I loved the colors, I thought I'd give this polish a try.

Frist off the colors weren't as shown n the site not even close. But sometimes it has to dry first so I gave it ago. The polish itself was really thick, not dried out thick, but thick. It was hard to spread on my nails neatly and it looks like a 5 yo did. Even after I cleaned it up. The color was translucent took 4 coats where it was remotely dark enough and you can still see nail through it. 4 coats meant quadruple the time on both hands. I was so excited when I saw the colors cause sensationail is all deep metallics and these colors were fun. But the color betrayal holds true to it's name because you feel betrayed and the fun shade of blue called "paradise" was green and not even a pretty one. Price wouldn't be bad had I not needed 4-5 coats to make it look good. So the only good thing was it was thick on my nails as if I had gotten a gel set, it hasn't chipped as of yet but it's only been a day and I'm not sure just how easy it will come off. Lets just say I'm glad I bout it here for cheaper than the site with free shipping. And since I work 12 hr mids on an assembly line and I'm not too worried how my nails look as long as they don't break, if it holds up without chipping I probably won't take the time to send it back.

2.0 out of 5 stars READ!!!, February 26, 2014
I tried this product and it has all of the problems that you all have said so I bought the Sensational kit and it is great but( Honestly after buying this kit I discovered an easier way. Use any polish, it does not have to be gel because I used OPI or Mirage cotton candy just to have a tint of color and buy ROCK base and top coat (I got it from Sally's and I think amazon has it as well), apply 1 base coat, a polish, maybe 2 coats of whatever color you choose and while still wet apply Rock's top coat and sit under UV lamp. My nails dried instantly and you don't need gel wipes just use alcohol to wipe (because in reality that is what your wipes in the kits are made of) and my nails lasted almost a month so give it a try. I was amazed. Good Luck

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible product, July 4, 2013
lil angel (Mililani, HI, US) - See all my reviews
i purchased the trial pack which comes with several polishes, q tips, cleaners, and 2 lamps. i was so excited to try it. what a fiasco; with 3 coats the color is still pale and streaky. you can only do 4 fingers at a time, which takes forever considering you need at least 3 coats. try to return it---you don't get a human, you get a mailbox. one can only hope they call back. oh, and they charge you for missing items. how are you going to know if you like it or not if you don't use some of it. AVOID THIS PRODUCT AT ALL COSTS. IT IS SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME.

1.0 out of 5 stars Haute Patina, April 23, 2013
This color looks pretty in the bottle but it is extremely sheer. If you follow instruction using just 2 coats you will only get a subtle tiny of blue. I tried getting color to pop by using white base and 3 coats of this Patina color to notice the blue. You will never get opaque blue like what you see in the bottle or color sample shown on it's website.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product with the right expectations, September 5, 2013

Here are some points in response to some other reviews:

-It's true that you may need a couple of coats to get an opaque color. Personally I like the option of being able to wear it sheer OR opaque. But if each coat only takes 60 secs, what's the big deal? Still drys way faster and lasts longer then regular nail polish.

-I have no idea what people are talking about in terms of drying time. My polish set in 60 seconds under the Lumniness LED light (this is made for LED not UV!!) After curing under the LED light, I wipe it off with their cleansing wipe and I'm good to go.

-The product usually will last about 1 or 1.5 weeks MAX before it starts to lift off my nail...so not the advertised 2 weeks but a chip-free manicure for a full week is pretty awesome in my opinion.

-Also, it sets pretty hard which I love because I have weak nails. Not rock hard, but hard enough. And it looks natural (versus getting gel tips at the salon). I also do not see any major damage when I remove the polish (maybe just a little drying like regular nail polish).

-Finally this is a comment on the Luminess LED setting light. It's fine. Lightweight. Small. But they have it read out instructions for you out loud and it's really really annoying. You can turn it off but only after it has started already - it is just poorly designed. They should take off that feature completely or have an external switch to control it.

I also like this better than their 3-step UV polish because it's faster and I prefer to use the LED rather than the UV setting light.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Waste of Money, August 12, 2013
SAC (Meridian, MS United States) - See all my reviews
This product is very deceiving; the color does not nearly look as it does in bottle when applied to nails even after 5 coats. I purchased a kit from QVC with lighter colors that also sucked, even though I followed the instructions every step of the way. I tried the lighter shades several times and thought that the darker shade of classic red would work better - NOT!!! I would not recommend this product to anyone.