Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Havahart 1089 Collapsible One-Door Live Animal Ca...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 19% off the $67.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get a $20 Amazon Gift Card when you book your first service. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.99 shipping
+ $17.50 shipping
+ $11.97 shipping
Havahart 1089 Collapsible One-Door Live Animal Cage Trap for Raccoon, Stray Cat, Groundhog, Opossum, and Armadillos
|Price:||$65.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$2.00 (3%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Mesh openings on Havahart traps are smaller than competing traps of comparable size to prevent escapes and stolen bait. ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, woodchucks, groundhogs, opossums, armadillos and similar-size nuisance animals.
- Spring loaded door and sensitive trigger sensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal size, eliminating undesired catches.
- Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals
- Collapsible design folds flat for space saving storage. Made in the U.S.A.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Havahart Large 1-Door Trap (#1089)
Frustrated by unwelcome animals invading your garden? Easily and safely remove unwanted guests with a Havahart Large 1-Door Trap. Made in the USA, these traps are designed, tested, and used by professional trappers, ensuring a safe and secure catch for you and the nuisance animal.
- Made with a sensitive trigger and smaller mesh opening to prevents any stolen bait.
- Sturdy, high tensile, wire mesh keeps neighborhood pest contained.
- Galvanized steel fights rust and corrosion.
Peace Of Mind
- Spring loaded door that provides a safe, secure catch for not only you, but your troublesome visitor.
- Strong, solid door and large handle guard offers protection during transportation.
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals and to you.
Trap at a Glance:
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements.
- Ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, woodchucks, groundhogs, opossums, and armadillos.
- Spring loaded door and sensitive trigger sensure quick, secure captures.
- Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation.
- Collapsible design folds flat for space saving storage.
- Made in the U.S.A.
|Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap|
|Trap Opening Dimensions (width x height)||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10.5x12.5 in.||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10x12.25 in.|
|Trap Length||32 in.||36 in.||32 in.||32 in.||32 in.||36 in.|
|Animal Sizes (best used for)||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons|
|No. of Doors||1||2||1||1||1||2|
|Easy Set - One Step Set and Release||✓||✓||✓|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Step-by-Step Trapping Guide
Step 1: Place bait in back of trap
- Armadillos: Meal worms, sardines.
- Groundhogs: Cantaloupe, sweet corn, lettuce.
- Opossums: Vegetables, sweet apples.
- Stray Cats: Fish, sardines, canned tuna.
- Raccoons: Fish, marshmallows.
Step 2: Set the trap
Set the live animal trap in the location of the nuisance animal. You can camouflage the trap by placing twigs and leaves on top. You can also leave an unset baited trap for a few days to entice the animal.
Step 3: Check the trap regularly
Animals can become stressed if caged for long periods of time. Hot and cold weather conditions can also harm the animal.
Top Customer Reviews
One day in an empty house later(save, of course, the trap baited with her very favourite food), we had a VERY unhappy cat in a very sturdy trap.
My only complaints are:
*the carrying handle is too short or the "guard" is too small. She was able to take swipes at me until I covered the trap with a blanket and carried it using a glove.
*the release mechanism is also too uncomfortably close to the unhappy trap-ee. Leather gloves solved this once again.
Otherwise, it worked perfectly!
(By the way, my cat calmed down after about two days and is sitting next to me now, purring)
I also bought a bird dish that hooks onto the wire mesh for a water bowl. I recommend getting one that clamps down as the one I got was knocked off by the larger cats.
Setting up took some careful attention, but it's easy if you take your time and follow the instructions. We live in a somewhat rural setting so having this trap will be very handy. Seems well built and should last a long time.
This trap shipped from Irving, Texas (20 miles from us) so I got it in 2 days.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked like a charm, quick to assemble - just grab the handle. Caught our first feral cat easily and the rear door release worked great. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Alfredo L. Tovar
We live in the city but close to a woody area and right by a covered over drainage ditch, so there is a lot of area for creatures to wander around in. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dawn Writer
this was a huge disappointment. we really thought we bought a quality product but after opening the box and trying our best to understand how to put it together with very poor... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I have attempted to use / modify several of these traps to no avail. These traps are NOT humane !
The traps do not stand up to the abuse when the trapped animal tries to... Read more
Worked real well to catch tray chickens, pesky mongoose, and one lush rat. They are all now in a better place.Published 3 months ago by Rdfischer
I've caught a possum, 4 skunks, but the not a raccoon yet. I think it could be too small for coons.Published 3 months ago by Christian