Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Have Gun Will Travel: The Sixth and Final Season, Vol. 2
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 8, 2013
If you log onto Internet Movie Database, you'll see Season 6 contained "34" episodes, but only 32 are appear in this two volume season set. Huh?

Here's the breakdown: "Sanctuary" originally aired December 31, 1960. So it's included in Season 4, Volume 1. "Squatter's Rights" originally aired December 30, 1961, and is included in Season 5, Volume 1.
Under Season 6, Internet Movie Database lists "Sanctuary" as having aired on June 22, 1963, and "Squatter's Rights" as having aired on August 3rd of '63; several months after the final new episode of the series aired. Therefore, IMDB lists season 6 as having 34 episodes, not the 32 included in Vol. 2 DVD set.

Since the two episodes in question were summer repeats, there was no need to place them on the season 6 set. Hope this clears up the confusion.

4 stars are for weak scripts and Paramount's continued greediness in its multi-volume pricing of TV show season sets.
on May 13, 2013
HGWT is another of my favorites from my childhood. I used to watch it on Saturday night, along with Gunsmoke, with my mom and dad.

The picture is top-notch and the sound is very good. Some of the episodes are a cut belong the earlier years as I've read the Richard Boone was getting tired of the show. I'm so GLAD that the movie version with Eminem that was to update the story to a bounty hunter in modern day Detroit was finally dropped - that would have been a disaster of the first order!!

But anyway, even thro the series had dropped off a little it is still very fun to watch today.
on September 10, 2013
Really! This was bonding time with my father as we sat in our living room every week to watch and enjoy. Yes. The series was every good as I remember and the transfer is outstanding. Buy it, you will love it!
on July 23, 2013
This series kept its quality right up to the end. Although the first three seasons are probably the best, there are outstanding episodes in both volumes one and two of the sixth and final season of "Have Gun Will Travel". The product quality is terrific too as the picture is crisp and the DVD reveals details that would be undetected on video tape. Complete your set today. My grandmother loved this series when I was a boy and I love it now. Sure wish I could watch it with her.
on June 13, 2013
I like Westerns and Have Gun Will Travel is one of the best! I used to watch it when I was growing up. I never tire of Richard Boone and the spots he manages to get in and out of. It's Black & White but well shot with good picture detail.
on May 27, 2015
I love this show and have bought the entire series on DVD (6 seasons total). Richard Boone is a great actor and his laugh is infectious. This isn't the typical western which makes it a fun and entertaining show. I grew up watching Gunsmoke reruns with my dad but didn't discover HGWT till about 10 years ago when I caught a few episodes on the Westerns Channel. I was hooked and started buying the seasons on DVD. As far as the DVDs and content goes - The first 3 seasons were done really well. They include guest star bios and interesting facts for each episode. The last 3 seasons were released later and do not include this bonus information which is a shame. (though I am thankful they DID finally release them!) They also divided the last 3 seasons up into two volumes each in order to make more money. The video quality of the second 3 seasons also seems to be of lesser quality (maybe the first 3 seasons were digitally cleaned up and the last three were not?). In my humble opinion seasons 1-4 are rock solid with great episodes and story lines. Seasons 5 & 6 (in my opinion) the quality of story lines and acting seems to drop in a noticeable way. Still worth watching of course but just something that I noticed. Overall a great TV series with a great actor. Thankful they are available on DVD so I can watch them with my boys.
on July 15, 2016
Have Gun-Will Travel was among the first of TV's adult westerns. During its six year run, the series featured many starting actors who would go on to greater fame, as well as familiar faces whose "big star" years might have been behind them. Equally important, the names of several writers and directors were -- or would become -- familiar: Ida Lupino, Gene Roddenberry, to name but two. The episodes were, in effect, 30-minute morality plays, but told with an attempt to underline the moral dilemma. Little of the flashy -- and often gratuitous -- blood-letting of current programming. In my opinion: great stories, well-acted, well-told.
on April 5, 2014
There were only 6 seasons of this wonderful show. I wish Boone had done at least 6 more. Paladin is such a wonderful, complex character. I have seen all 225 episodes and could watch them again and again. He was fascinating to watch. I highly recommend this series to anyone who wants to watch a quality show.
on December 31, 2015
I love it. New to me as the series ran before my time...but a favorite of my late husband. I tried it out because he spoke so often about it and it piqued my curiosity. I don't regret a single purchase...and I eventually got the whole set too! It's a great western and Richard Boone plays the part well. I'll be watching this often in the years to come. It beats almost everything on TV today.
on May 22, 2013
This is still my ideal man,strong and sensitive with a code of honor and a great sense of humor! And "Have Gun Will Travel" is one of the few series that usually taught a lesson about human values!