Having a problem with the lens of the S95 staying out and not retracting. Any ideas?
asked by Debbie Katauskas on December 16, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
vote
No, but before the warranty runs out (hopefully not yet). I would search Canon Warranty Repair. You have to fill out a form. If the Camera's warranty is passed, I think they give a rough estimated of what it would cost to repair. We had a problem with one of our Canon S95s, we have 3 in our family. Luckily it was still under warranty. We sent it in (minus any accessories like strap or battery) and they fixed it quickly. It was gone a total of about 10-14 days. Good Luck!
David Russell Hill answered on December 16, 2012

A
votes
I heard many complaints about this issue before I bought the camera. But I took the risk. So far no issues. But yes many websites show some steps to fix this problem. I would first use the warranty and then go for those options..
Rushabh Shah answered on December 17, 2012

A
votes
Honestly, I have not ideas. I'd think there could some small particle may have got into zoom section of lens and prevent the cover shutter from closing. the camera reports the error because of it.
I just slide in a piece of thin plastic paper around "trying" to clear things up ,and lightly tap the lens while extending & extracting the lens. somehow, that cleared the problem by luck. but I really don't know how long it will last though.
Andy Chou answered on December 17, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›