on May 12, 2012
Verified Purchase
I ordered 2 of this item with some other Hawaiian hair products, not only they took an eternity before being delivered, but also the seller sent me "Regular Hawaiian Silky "No Base Relaxer". One of them had expiration date, the other one hadn't. It was strange, but without thinking to anything, I went to the hair dresser to do my hair... My stylist based my hairline - front, back, sides, and ears that had supposed protecting my scalp... while washing of my hair, parts of it fell out with its roots... It really was a very bad surprise... I could see the skin of my scalp in a different parts of my head ... I didn't get burns after the relaxer process. Fortunately, I had a lot of hair and there is still some to cover the clear parts.

Nothing looks more beautiful than a head of full, sleek, and shiny hair, like mine was, to most people, but to me there are things much more important in life than that. Of course, seeing a very significant loss of hair constantly fall out for about 2 months each single day while combing is very annoying and frightening.... However, I prefer keep in mind I will have my beautiful hair certainly back... Also, even that happened since March 2012, I thought it was very necessary to write this review just to make future customers paying attention to the boxes, if there is no expiration date, the products are maybe expired! So be vigilant!
on April 23, 2013
I had been waiting for years for Hawaiian Silky to be put into a box formula. I had always seen in on the shelf with all these different jars to buy, and I really did not know what to do with all the different items. Now that they have put Hawaiian Silky into a box, like the other relaxer I was using (Just For Me) I was very happy and excited! I bought it, and had a great experience with it. I did not find that this formula burned like many others I had used. There is barely any relaxer/chemical smell to it, and it goes on feeling cool or cold. This helps since it soothes the scalp while you are applying the relaxer. It rinses well, and comes with color indicator shampoo that turns pink if any relaxer is left in your hair. I did not buy from this seller, I bought from a brick and mortar store here in town, but saw the item here and just had to leave a review.

I must say that this is the best relaxer kit I have used my entire life, and I have used lots of them over the years trying to find the one that I liked the most, or that left my hair silky smooth after the washout. Well, Hawaiian Silky is the best one yet, and I have been wanting to use their relaxer for years and now I can since it comes in a simple box set!

5 stars
on March 27, 2014
Verified Purchase
Easy instructions with great products and results. My dry hair was moisturized and soft after conditioning. I will definitely be using again.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations