5.0 out of 5 stars An other Joan Johnston winner
Published on February 19, 2007 by Judith Rochelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Books
Books were "okay"....not as good as others of Joan Johnston. I have read many of her books, giving these a "3"
Published 4 months ago by Karen K. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars An other Joan Johnston winner, February 19, 2007
I klove Joan Johnston's books. she has a real knack for bringing people to life and making you want to jump into the pages with them. In The Cowboy and the Priness, Faron's story is very interesting because he meets his heroione ina an unusual way, at least an unusual relationship, and both of them are too afraid to believe this could be real because of past experiences. But you cheer for them every step of the way and clap your hands when you get to the Happily Ever After. In The Wrangler and the Rich Girl once again the reader is pulled right into the story. Although you want to slap Garth upside the head at least a hundred times for being such a rigid fool. You will love Candy, the "Rich Girl", and her determination a grit and again, the happy ending is just what the doctor ordered. For all of us collecting Johnston's wonderful Whitelaw series, you can't afford to miss this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Joan Johnston Winner, February 14, 2007
I just love Joan Johnston's books so each time a new one comes out I can't wait to get it. She really gets into her characters. What I really liked about this book is how the second story picks up pieces from the first story and continues on. Only took me 4 hours to read the book and I was wishing I had another one of hers to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars kept me engaged in the story, May 11, 2014
this follows the series you come to love these characters they become ur friends,,, love the way the stories weave together ...backwards and forward

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Books, April 29, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Hawk's way!!!, March 19, 2014
The cowboy and the princess/ The wrangler and the rich girl!! Is a must read once you've read it you will have to read the whole hawks way series!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Faron & Garth, April 20, 2013
Mountain gal (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hawk's Way: Faron & Garth: The Cowboy and the Princess\The Wrangler and the Rich Girl (Hqn) (Mass Market Paperback)
More More More we need to have more about this family. Love the way she writes and makes them real to the reader

4.0 out of 5 stars Hawks Way Faron & Garth, August 1, 2012
Found this series by Joan Johnston on Amazon and loved it. Decided to continue reading more of this series and love them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Faron and Garth, November 2, 2011
Joan Johnston's Hawk's Way series continues with two stories in this volume; The Cowboy and the Princess and the Wrangler and the Rich Girl. The Cowboy and the Princess tells the story of Faron Whitelaw and the Wrangler and the Rich Girl tells oldest Whitelaw brother Garth's tale.

I don't know if it's because I'm not really a reader of romances such as these novels, but I can't get into them much. They seem very outdated with every woman's one dream to have a baby, the men are quite rough with the women, and there is little mention of sexual protection (the one occasion it was mentioned, they didn't have any and would deal with the consequences later). Besides this, the novels are so short that there is zero character development and any interesting plotline gets eaten up by more sex scenes, which leave me rolling my eyes frequently. Other reviewers seem to love these books, but they aren't my cup of tea. That being said, now that I've started the series, I'm going to keep on and hope they get a bit meatier; I have some hope for this; I enjoyed the horse training parts of the Wrangler and the Rich Girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faron & Garth, May 9, 2010
I'm new to this writers stories, but have enjoyed what I have read so far. I have purchased several that I have yet to read and am looking forward to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun afternoon read., August 31, 2014
This was a fun book. Most of the characters brought me right in to their feelings.

$7.99 $7.19