Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 16, 2000
The book is a diary of the words of Christ himself talking to Gabrielle Bossis. She writes them down over 11 years of traveling and living her daily life. The words are spoken to all believers, not collectively but in the most personal manner. The entries are recognizable as Christ's own messages to us. I have read a lot of spiritual books but they are all shadows compared to this one and the Bible.
22 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 1999
Gabrielle Bossis' tender relationship with our Lord is offered to us in the form of her frequent queries and comments to Christ and his loving responses to her. Christ unveiled himself to Bossis in all aspects of her daily life in such a refreshing and new way, that, reflecting on her conversations with Christ, I found myself increasingly in love with God and aware of his constant generousity to us. Her questions were my unspoken questions. The way she was, is the way I wish to be; listening for God, longing for God, delighting in God. His compassion for our experiences, his gentleness, his desire for total unity with us, his being the fountain of good humor, his different aspects revealed in creation all around us, the delightfulness of his being the I AM are joys to be discovered and re-discovered by the reader. I am always thankful for the good friend who recommended He and I to me. I want to share Bossis' great love, our creator God, with others.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2003
"He and i" will change your life. It is a profound work that communicates Jesus's love and speaks to individuals differently. It can be read much like a diary when the spirit moves you. My dog-earred copy has been my source book for over five years and I hope for many others.
22 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2000
"He & I" was given to me by my father in my young adulthood,and it changed my life forever. The universal language that "the voice" uses is so compelling, I felt that He answered the longings of MY heart. This book can quench the most thirsty souls and I recommend it to anyone who is seaching for a more intimate relationship with God.
on January 20, 2006
I found this book in the chapel of my church, and started reading it. I read it everyday after the mass; within a few months, I had begun attempts to reorganize the priorities of my life: it was first work, then God, and then people; now I want it to be first God, then people, and then work. Read this book and let it carry you away.
on December 27, 2000
I have read dozens of spiritual books,from Merton to Medjugorje,Faustina to God Calling, etc. This book is the most romantic verse I have ever read. Gabrielle is an upper middle class French woman who notes her 'conversations' with Jesus over an eleven year period at the end of her life.One fascinating aspect is this period includes WWII and the German invasion and occupation. The reader gets pulled into this deepening relationship. The language is simple, but so touching and remarkable. The authenticity of the experience unfolds before you in the language itself. Simply stunning.
Deeply tender, yet illuminating,challenging and profound, it exudes the exquisite fragrance of Divinity on every page.
A most remarkable book, my all time favorite.
on November 6, 2002
If you are lonely this is the book that will bless you and change your life. I love this book because the Lord speaks to all of us through it. Gabrielle Bosis is the listener who writes down the words that the Lord tells her. It is so sweet the way the Lord tells Gabrielle how much he yearns for her love and companionship just as we all yearn for someone to love us and notice us.
We are all seeking for attention and yearning for that special love, and this book is a confirmation that there is Someone to love each one of us in a very special way. While it was Gabrielle who heard the Lord's voice, this book was meant to reach out to all of us. When you read it, you feel as if you are being watched tenderly by a sweet invisible presence that yearns to love you.
on November 28, 2001
It would be impossible for me to describe the effect of the contents of this book on me without creating the impression of going Over The Top! This book is a must for anyone desirous of discovering the secrets of our Saviour's Heart. In a different message Our Lord described the estabishing of the Eucharist as God's folly. In this book one discovers how deep, tender and selfless His Love is.Yes we have known this for over 2000 years, but how many stopped to contemplate this mystery? This book if read very, very slowly, a page a day, will be a revelation and a joy.
on December 11, 2000
These words of love and hope touch the reader personally. Open to any page, and you will discover deeply truthful observations and encouragement, just exactly what you need at that moment. In her own quiet way, Mademoiselle Bossis gave us His love. She made herself His channel of peace. Please do your soul a favor and read this book.
on April 21, 2000
He and I is one of the most motivating books I have read in a long time. In reading this I have become closer to Christ and it seems in adoration Christ always shows me something that inspires me to live as the saints. It is simple yet thought provoking.