5.0 out of 5 stars For Those Who May Not Have the "Others"
I was a big fan of The Newsboys when I was in high school ala "Shine". As I got older, I didn't listen to them as much and stopped buying their albums.

Published on January 8, 2006 by Sallie A. Neal

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't blame the boys --This CD Fulfilles Record Contract
Sparrow is releasing this "best of" CD because Newsboys owe them one final CD.

So the boys have nothing to do with the collection.

The music is good/great enough that it's better to buy the two worship album instead of this collection.
Published on January 26, 2006 by Derek Jager

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars For Those Who May Not Have the "Others", January 8, 2006
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)

Just recently, I was listening to my local Christian radio station and heard the song "He Reigns". I had never heard any worship song like it ever and had to know where I could get it. Because I didn't own the other Newsboys albums, I thought why buy two albums when I can get most of their worship songs on one?

Each and every song on this album is as if Jesus Himself is whispering in you ear. I have been going through a drought time with God, and I can tell you that the song "He Reigns" gave me a new experience and outlook on my Christian walk.

I don't believe that these reviews are fair. If there are new Christians, or those like me who did not buy their other albums, this is perfect for those that want their best worship songs on one album. The songs are fantastic and bring you closer and closer to God. I love this album and listen to it almost every day. It is one of my favorites in my Christian cd collection.

For those who are like me and have not bought any Newsboys cd's lately, now's the time to start again. It's exactly what you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!, March 29, 2006
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
First of all I am a Christian and proud of that fact so for me to review the Newsboys is an absolute honor.Being a musician,I love all types of music.Over the past several months now I have gotten deeply involved with Christian music.While listening to my favorite Christian Radio station KLOVE,I found out about the Newsboys among other artists.They are absolutely incredible.This collection of songs is not the only ones by them I have heard but I gotta give credit where it's due and it is with this cd.All the songs are awesome and I can not get enough of it.The lyrics are definately God inspired and the music is not only different but simply addictive.I can not understand the negativity with some of the reviews here and feel that anyone that loves the Newsboys should definately buy this cd because it is well worth it.Infact everyone should buy it.If I could give more stars for a rating I most definately would.A bazillion stars would still not be enough! The Newsboys shine like diamonds in my eyes and so does this cd.God Bless them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Worship Compilation, November 12, 2007
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
Newsboys have joined that select group of Christian bands who have their albums of original work picked and prodded to create new albums either to meet contractual obligations or simply for the record company to make a few more bucks off of them. "He Reigns-The Worship Collection," is a compilation of works from four albums: 1999's LoveLibertyDisco, 2002's Thrive, 2003's Adoration: The Worship Album, and 2004's Devotion. The bulk of the album comes from "Devotion," which is funny since it was released only the previous year. All of the songs from it are excellent, with highlights being "Strong Tower" and "Blessed Be Your Name." In my opinion, the strength of this collection comes from the six tracks from the other albums. Starting the album is the wonderful "It Is You." This is quickly followed up by what I consider to be the Newsboys' signature worship song, "He Reigns." From there we are treated to gems like "You Are My King (Amazing Love)" and "Beautiful Sound."

All of the songs on this album are uplifting, inspirational and worth every penny you pay for them. If you enjoy light pop/rock sounds, then this is an excellent album for you. If you are already a fan of the 'Boys, you probably have most of these songs. However, if you've come into the game a little later or haven't listened to them in awhile, this is a great starter/refresher. I personally began listening to the group during their "Not Ashamed" years, tagged along for "Shine" and "Take Me To Your Leader," and listened to them off and on since the late 90's. They are an excellent group and this album does not do their entire sound justice. If your looking for a better all-around taste of this group, check out "Shine-The Hits."

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Newsboys album, June 9, 2007
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
He Reigns is a "best of" worship song collection, culling songs primarily from the Adoration and Devotion albums, and a couple from Thrive, and LoveLibertyDisco. I am not a big fan of worship music (outside of church), as I find most rather boring to listen to in the car, but He Reigns is a cut waaaay above the rest! Every song is fantastic, and will move you to worship our Lord. I am a casual fan of the Newsboys. I don't like every song they do, but the ones I like, I really like. I also own Shine, but this album even outshines it.

5.0 out of 5 stars He Reign: The Worship Collection, April 21, 2008
A. Biancalana (Kenosha, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
If you are looking for Christian music that is truly worshipful and you want to hear all the words, then this is the CD for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, December 2, 2013
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
This music got me through some really tough times. There are so many good songs on this cd. Good to play over and over.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't blame the boys --This CD Fulfilles Record Contract, January 26, 2006
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
Sparrow is releasing this "best of" CD because Newsboys owe them one final CD.

So the boys have nothing to do with the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome compilation of songs by a band that is obviously ..., October 31, 2014
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
An awesome compilation of songs by a band that is obviously close to the heart of God. My favorites on this CD are tracks 2, "He Reigns," (indeed, He does!), and 3, ""You Are My King," (aka "Amazing Love."). Many are looking for the song "Amazing Love," not knowing it is also entitled "You Are My King.". Don't get confused, that is, indeed, the song you are looking for. But this disc and be greatly blessed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Suprise, June 16, 2014
This review is from: He Reigns: Worship Collection (Audio CD)
I have been a Newsboys fan for years. I had this cd back in the early ninety's and was shocked to find it again. I received it earlier than promised and have been enjoying it since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 2, 2014
I've been listening to the Newsboys for as long as I can remember. I love these songs!!!! Good for anyone who loves worship music.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

He Reigns: Worship Collection
He Reigns: Worship Collection by Newsboys (Audio CD - 2005)