The perfect combination of information and ease of use. It combines concise explanatory text with terrific illustrations and applications for any clinical setting...This atlas has the most beautiful, precise anatomical pictures. It is a must-have book for people who learn more and better by seeing structures rather than just reading about them. Students as well as seasoned therapists will benefit from the information in this text.--ADVANCE for Physical Therapists & PT AssistantsIt was a pleasure to review this atlas...The authors have done a superb job of combining excellent, high-quality illustrations with clinical correlations, informational tables, and teaching points...A comprehensive text...Beneficial to any student who is seeking beginning, as well as additional, knowledge in the areas of the head and neuroanatomy...An excellent atlas for the physical therapy student enrolled in a neurorehabilitation or neuroscience course due to the excellent illustrations, pertinent clinical correlations, and explanatory/summarizing tables contained in each chapter...An excellent reference for the faculty member teaching within this content area as well as the clinician working in neurorehabilitation.--Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical TherapyBeautifully illustrated...outstanding...It is virtually impossible to describe in words how impressive the drawings are throughout the book...The drawings are all in color and are superb. This excellently crafted atlas...should be on the shelves of all those in the clinical neurosciences...its value [is] immediately apparent...highly recommend[ed].--American Journal of NeuroradiologyUses extensive illustrations, explanatory text and tables to cover a wide range of topics on the head and the central nervous system.--PhysiotherapyThis is a wonderfully illustrated anatomy text which is well organized, easy to read and access. Hundreds of beautiful color plates in a field where a picture speaks a thousand words. If you like anatomy, this is a text you must have.--Journal of the American Association of Forensic Dentists
From the Back Cover
Praise for the THIEME Atlas of Anatomy: Head and Neuroanatomy:
Comprehensive coverage of neuroanatomy describes isolated structures and also situates these structures within the larger functional systems...It is a must-have book.--ADVANCE for Physical Therapists & PT Assistants
Setting a new standard for the study of anatomy, the THIEME Atlas of Anatomy, with access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, is more than a collection of anatomical images--it is an indispensable resource for anyone who works with the human body.
- An innovative, user-friendly format in which each two-page spread presents a self-contained guide to a specific topic
- 1,182 original, full-color illustrations present comprehensive coverage of neuroanatomy to skillfully guide the reader through the anatomy of the head, from cranial bones, ligaments, and joints, to muscles, cranial nerves, topographical anatomy, and the anatomy of sensory organs
- Hundreds of clinical applications emphasize the vital link between anatomical structure and function
- Expertly rendered cross-sections, x-rays, and CT and MRI scans vividly demonstrate clinical anatomy
- Clearly labeled images help the reader easily identify each structure
- Summary tables appear throughout -- ideal for rapid review
- A scratch-off code provides access to Winking Skull.com PLUS, featuring over 600 full-color anatomy illustrations and radiographs, labels-on, labels-off functionality, and timed self-tests
The THIEME Atlas of Anatomy series also features General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System and Neck and Internal Organs. Each atlas is available in softcover and hardcover and includes access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS.
Use the Head and Neuroanatomy Image Collection to enhance your lectures and presentations; illustrations can be easily imported into presentation software and viewed with or without labeling.
Teaching anatomy? We have the educational e-product you need.
Instructors can use the ThiemeTeaching Assistant: Anatomyto download and easily import 2,000+ full-color illustrations to enhance presentations, course materials, and handouts.