5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Shave. Evar.
Perfect angle, low occurrence of nicks, easy to use, and FAR less expensive to keep supplied with fresh blades than my Mach 3. Uses Atra blades which is a more basic design, but same blade tech (only 2 blades however). Took some time to get the hang of it, but now it's very easy and quick. Excellent product at a very fair price. Highly recommended.
Published on April 21, 2004 by bca_95gsx

2.0 out of 5 stars Headblade...ouch!
Published on May 31, 2004 by JBGoode

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Shave. Evar., April 21, 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions, people!, April 10, 2006
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
OK, some of the reviews here were either written by guys who are a little mentally challenged, or they didn't read the instructions.

1 - Don't push DOWN. This will cut you way too close and cause head-bleeding galore. You push the plastic nub in the BACK of the razor down to make contact with your head and then push FORWARD to shave. I scalped myself somewhat on the first use because I was new to the concept, plus the brand-new blade was sharp. One bonus is that blades last a looong time with this product, and I actually get great shaves even with dull blades.

2 - This razor uses Atra blades for a reason. The blades are spaced farther apart to allow the cut hairs and shaving cream to FLOW THROUGH the razor and not clog it. Shaving my head with a triple-blade thingy is just not as good for this.

3 - Don't use gunky shave cream or gel that clogs. Using the headslick product (or shampoo, or body wash, or ...) gives you a light lubricant that makes the shaving easy and doesn't clog your blade.

NEGATIVES -

The blade mounting adaptor is primitive, and made of a rather flimsy plastic. It holds up OK, but I can see the day coming when it will break. At that point maybe the company will send me a new model. This is what knocks it down to 4 stars.

The ring doesn't fit my finger very well, but they say on their website that you can heat it up with a hair dryer (for example) and bend it to suit your taste. I may get around to doing this one of these days.

I guess my biggest endorsement is that I'd rather go out and buy new blades for this than return to shaving my head with one of the other many razors I have. It just works better and isn't as clumsy as using a handled-razor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoooth!!, November 13, 2006
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
Faced with a trend that made no economic sense - pay my barber more each time to cut less hair - I was toying for a long time with the urge to do a full Monty on my pate. The only thing that kept putting me off was the old wives' warning of less hair to comb but more face to wash. That and the logistical problem of how to get it all off ergonomically without actually scalping myself with a cut-throat razor, contorting my arm into a pretzel with a safety razor or vibrating my little grey cells into porridge with an electric razor. I had heard rumors of the HeadBlade but had never seen one during all my travels. A friend assured me that it wasn't an urban legend, so I jumped onto Amazon to look for it, found it in about 2 seconds and ordered it.

When it arrived, I gingerly inspected it and resolved to try it out. I did so, with mixed results the first time. It's all in the wrist work and the pressure. Since then I've used it about 5 times - once a week is all I need - and now thoroughly swear by it. Not a nick to show for my efforts and my kids enjoy kissing my bald pate. I've got myself two packs of replacement blades and a bottle of HeadSlick and am thoroughly enjoying my freedom from hair slavery.

Ever wonder why all the smart aliens in the sf movies are bald? It's natural evolution and HeadBlade just helps you evolve to the next plane of existence. Smoothly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shave But Shady Design, February 25, 2006
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
I was just given one as a gift and used it today. I can see it will take a little getting used to so I took it slow and easy. You don't use a lot of short strokes like a regular razor. Long strokes are what works best while using little pressure.

I got a very close shave although I need some practice to get the sides good.

They only negative that made me give it a 4 instead of 5 is the cartridge mounting system. There is no button to release the cartridge. You must carefully push it to the side too free one of the clips then pull it from the HB. The mounting bracket is plastic and will break with repeated use. Of course they sell replacements on the website but they charge $5.50 for THREE!

Kinda shady but good product otherwise.

Side note: There website says the new Rolex model ships with Gillete Sensor mounting clips. I plan on calling them to see if they can sell me some of those so I can use a better cartridge. They're not listed on the website.

2.0 out of 5 stars Headblade...ouch!, May 31, 2004
JBGoode (eureka, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
I just threw out my Headblade. I used it for about 6 months. 95% of the time it worked great...it's the other 5% that was hard to take. If you have a perfectly round head, you should be okay. But, if you have any scars, mesquito bits, etc., lookout! ...because the headblade will remove them and it is quite messy and it hurts! What I have found works best is a Panasonic electric razor or if you want a really smooth shave, just use a Gillette Ultra...I have never been cut using either of these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Give yourself ample time to heal, September 18, 2005
David M. (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
I had really terrible results with this product. I have been shaving my head daily for almost 3 years now with a normal razor. I thought I'd try the head blade because some people are so enthusiastic about it. But after using head blade, I've got literally hundreds of tiny nicks and cuts on my head that are quite visible and painful. Plus about 4 or 5 of nicks that are big enough that they took about 1/2 hour to stop bleeding.

I NEVER had such bad results with my ordinary razor, even when I was completely new at shaving my head. And now that I have developed my technique with it, I rarely get any nicks at all and I get an extremely smooth close shave.

If it is possible to learn how to use this product to get a close shave and not cut yourself up, I won't be doing the work to find out. I've already thrown away my head blade. There's just not enough potential benefit to risk more butchering.

But if you want to try it out, I very seriously recommend starting to use it only when you've got a few days to heal from a severly nicked up scalp. I made the mistake of doing it on Sunday night, so I'll have to go to work tomorrow with an ugly, injured head.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect shave every time!!!!, October 17, 2005
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
I have been using the Headblade for over a year now and love it!!! I have never shaved my head with anything else. It is definately a different feel than using a regular razor so I can see why other reviewers that are used to using regular razors had some trouble.

The Gillette Atra blades are soon going to be discontinued but will be replaced with a Sensor razor blade and adapter---I e-mailed the Headblade company to find this out. The new adapter that will allow Sensor blades to be used will be available sometime in early 2006, according to Headblade.

If you purchase this razor be sure and purchase Headslick too. Headslick is the company's shaving cream. Traditional shaving creams are too foamy or thick(gel) to work well for shaving your head. Headslick works perfectly!!

A great design and cheaper here than in retail outlets of the companies website.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Official Haircut of the 21st Century, November 5, 2004
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
Short & sweet: your head will never get a better shave than it does from a Headblade.

Personally, and contrary to the lone negative review, my head is not a perfectly round ball. Headblade handles all the bumps and flats with narry a scratch.

No chin shaver, blade or electric is going to give you the smooth and sexy dome Headblade does.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ouch, February 20, 2007
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
Ok, my girlfriend seen this gadget called a headblade and figured I just had to have one. I've been shaving my head slick since 1996. Think I did it the first time on my 22nd birthday. Since then, I've gotten used to no barber trips, using a nice clean soap to wash my scalp and enjoying not having to worry about "what if I go bald" that most men worry about.

I use Mach III Turbo, I've tried Quattro, I've tried that M whatever by Gillete that is powered, none work better than basic Mach III, none come close to Mach III Turbo.

I seen where this headblade uses Atra refils. Like others here, I remember using Atra as a teenager. Having said that, I didn't even know that Atra blades were still around. I laughed a little when I read this, "Double blade" first, I am Italian. My hair is very thick. Two blades? Sure, I will try it out.

The first swipe brought blood. Ok, double blade isn't going to work. I check out the site for the headblade where they have triple blade refils. I order a set and put the headblade up until they arrived.

I'm happy to say that with a triple blade this little razor is nice. It makes a smooth path, no jerking movements. I had a terrible cut a few weeks ago because I sneezed while shaving with a normal razor. The blade bent downward and gashed me.

If I had been using this headblade, I don't think that would have happened, since it fits snug around my finger, where as the regular razor was resting in between my fingertips. So, for the most part I recommend this. I would say if you have thick hair do not even try it with the double blades. I've shaved my head enough that I can shave my face and head in between 5 and 10 minutes. Even so, my expertise with a blade was not enough to save me from nicking my head with the double blade.

I'm going to try some of that shaving lather they have and will review it when I do. I think men with shaved heads are a group of our own and should try to at least help each other out so we aren't walking around with nicks all over our heads!

1.0 out of 5 stars cuts more than hair, April 28, 2010
This review is from: HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
I used this two times, now, and I threw it out after the last time. I cut myself shaving my head with this thing more times this last time than I ever want to experience.
I think it has something to do with tthe push vs. pull. When you use this, you push the blade over your head as opposed to pulling the blade over your head.
I'm gonna stick to my regular blade to shave my head.

HeadBlade Head Shaving Razor, 1 each
$16.33 $10.69
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies