Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The above is the basic premise of the movie, and to give away much more would flat-out ruin your viewing experience. Suffice it to say that not everything is what it seems to be. From the movie's beginning, the pace is relentless, and I was on the edge of my seat for much of the movie (as were most of the fellow theatre visitors I saw it with this past weekend). Indeed, there is hardly any "down" time in the movie, because once the basic premise of the movie is set, we fall from one surprise into the next, without it being "over the top" or implausible.
When this movie came out in Norway last year, it immediately was a box office smash, and that success was later repeated in many European countries. Now it's finally in the US, and by all means it should do well here to. Even though it was made in a different country than the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, "Headhunters" definitely has a similar feel about it, albeit never quite as dark as the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.Read more ›
A skilled art thief hears of a priceless Rubens, stolen during WWII and kept in a private collection all these years. He realizes this could be the deal that puts him and his wife on easy street for the rest of their lives. Thus begins our story.
* Aksel Hennie ("Age of Heroes") is our pint-sized cat burglar, impeccably groomed, smart as a whip and always trying to improve his theft of high-end art. His day job is to find and interview applicants for new executive positions.
* Synnøve Macody Lund (TV roles) is his statuesque wife, blonde, successful and longing to have a baby. She owns an art gallery.
* Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ("Game of Thrones") is a former hi-tech special ops guy who wants the job as CEO of a company our hero represents. He has come to Norway to settle his aunt's estate.
* Eivind Sander ("Cupid's Balls") is our hero's fence and inside man for those pesky burglar alarms. Problem is, he rarely uses the brain in his big head. He and his libido entertain thousands on the Internet.
* Reidar Sørensen ("Home for Christmas") is the brilliant and politically astute detective who gets involved in the situation.
This fast-moving plot sucks you in before you know it. There is tension, surprise, and impressive use of modern technology: GPS, cell phones and the Internet.Read more ›
Hollywood remakes foreign movies for our convenience of eliminating the subtitle hassle, and out of arrogance. Eh, don't let them touch this one. THEY WILL RUIN IT TO ALL GLORY!!! It is just fine. I did the hard work of: stop, rewind, play, pause, etc. And, it was worth it!! I literally found myself trying to talk to the main character (the seedy guy making his buck) to hold it together and not get killed! This movie was smart, unpredictable at times, and just simplistically beautiful. I had lucked out through my search with this one. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS FILM!!! NO USUAL MOVIE CLICHES in this one!!! You will not do the 'yeah, yeah, yeah...'
Hollywood is slipping... There are foreign films out there like this one that are so much more memorable.
Americans, get off the straight a way highway were you zone out. Be a little more active, exert a little more mental energy, and WATCH MOVIES LIKE THIS ONE!!! It will be worth your night!!!
The film is introduced by its main character, Roger Brown (Askel Hennie), who gives us the insight into his life. One the outside, the relatively short man has a glamorous life complete with a fancy house, nice car, expensive suits, and a gorgeous wife (a breakout performance by newbie Synnøve Macody Lund). As they usually are, things are different behind the scenes for Roger. Aside from some issues with his marriage, Roger happens to also have the secret of being an art thief when he's not doing his day job as a corporate headhunter.
Roger's wife, Diana, happens to own an art gallery. As fate would have it, an acquaintance of Diana's, Clas Greve (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) tells her about a very rare painting he is in the possession of. Upon hearing of this, Roger decides this is his next mark. Roger, along with his accomplice Ove (Eivind Sander) coordinate the heist. The situation turns out to be more than what Roger bargained for when its discovered Clas is a former mercenary and a big wig of a tech company that makes GPS tracking devices.
The film's sly sense of humor and charismatic lead immediately drew me into the picture, but I have to say once the action of the plot kicked in, I couldn't turn away. I honestly didn't expect the action the film had, and the several twists and turns it took. The movie just doesn't let up, but it's far more than just being about the action.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As seeing the art work of this DVD and other people's comments, I had a pretty strong expectations about this film. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Hee Chul Kwon
1. CCTV is everywhere. Why drive your own Lexus to places where you steal artwork? It should be a delivery van with a stolen plate to avoid being traced by footage
2. Read more
I thoroughly enjoyed this film. The subtitles were well-written and presented slightly in advance (though seemingly in sync), allowing time to read/understand and take in (enjoy)... Read morePublished 1 month ago by fanlynda
I read Jo Nesbo's Headhunters a year or so ago and found it fast paced and intense but nothing prepared me for the adaptation - Wow! Read morePublished 1 month ago by E. Campbell
I loved this movie! It's very suspenseful and action packed. I'm surprised it hasn't been remade without the subtitles, but that's a good thing. It's perfect the way it is.Published 2 months ago by Darryl Mills
Surprisingly good. Doesn't play out like a "foreign" film. Took a chance on it, and glad I did.Published 3 months ago by John Chang
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Art House & International > By Original Language > Norwegian
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Foreign Films
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Indie & Art House
- Movies & TV > Movies