4.0 out of 5 stars Better: Bad Idea Jeans Product Execution
When I bought this I realized for the price, 3 with prime delivered, it would have some faults. The old "if the price is too good" saying. I still thought it would be good enough. Several issues make it not worth the price. I attempted to use this with a new set of Jbuds phones.

Published on February 24, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on September 14, 2012 by Karenator

4.0 out of 5 stars Better: Bad Idea Jeans Product Execution, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Headphone Wrap The Core Cord Winder (Black/Pink/Blue) (Electronics)

Made of a very hard plastic. Seams and rough patches cover the outside, not an issue but a preview of things to come. The two channels for inserting the wire are very stiff to the point of damaging the cord if I forced them in. The Jbuds have a slightly thicker soft cord, medium length and The Core is totally unusable as designed. I could force an object in to open the channel but the hardness will leave it permanently opened.

Very small. The cord is not a long cord and when wrapped it extends beyond the diameter of the Core. Add the fact you can't insert the ends and we have reached anti-perfection. I wanted a small core but jeez it has to work.

There were three Cores in the package, thought I was getting one.

I almost ordered the Apple Core brand but 15-30 bucks and minimum of 3 cores when I need one small core. Just one. So I McGuyver'd it with a rubber band to hold the ends around the core. This goes in my bag to work to prevent tangles and is - *politely now* functional. A small piece of wood or cardboard would just as effective though. There are some cheapo flat ones I might check out but Apple Core might get my money yet.

Update: So I worked on one of the cores with a key for a while. I really cranked it back and forth to open the channels. I'll tell you, these things are tough. It did open enough to keep from damaging the cord. The main fault is the small size. They will not break short of a natural disaster at least. As I said earlier, I'm using a new set of Jbuds with their slightly larger, soft wires and the excess rolled up is noted. Cheap and usable now with the open channels so I upgraded my rating. Really cheap with Prime.

4.0 out of 5 stars solves a problem inexpensively, January 29, 2012
We have had problems with cords catching or binding...losing sound in one ear because of a kinked or broken cable...most of the other solutions were very expensive. When first wrapping your cable, take a flat screwdriver and adjust the top and bottom a little to accommodate the cable...tired of spending $20 a pop on kids headphones...this is helping!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, August 22, 2012
I frequently listen to my ipod while doing household chores and would often hit the earplug cord and knock the nano off of my shirt where it was clipped. This solves that problem. I have also used it while walking in the pool, it keeps the cord from getting wet. I am pleased with the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars works well enough, March 23, 2012
Not as high quality as an applecore but at a fraction of the cost well worth it for something thats gonna sit in your pocket

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, September 14, 2012
If these didn't cost so little that the cost of mailing them back would cost more than the product itself, I'd return them. The slots for the cord are a little too small, giving me concern for eventually breaking my cord and wires. They were also heavier than I wanted. And, they were too small to hold the amount of cord that I wanted to use them for. I tried using it with my iPod in the gym, and it bounced so much it pulled my earbuds out of my ears. I'd say "save yourself the trouble", find something else, even if it costs more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but small, April 27, 2013
These cord winders work great to hold headphone cords. They keep the cord in place with a little notch on each end of the spindle. The only problem I have with them is that they are very small. For earbuds this probably wouldn't be a problem, but my headphones have an extremely long cord. The fact that there are three in the package, however, solves this problem because I use one winder to permanently shorten the cord and another when I want to wind it all the way for storage. When I ordered this, two packages were actually in the box shipped to me. I don't know if that was a shipping error or if everyone gets it, but for $5 that was an AMAZING deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Headphone Cord Wrap, March 9, 2013
Headphone Cord Wrap

These cord wraps are extremely convenient... I was surprised just how much I appreciated them once I used one. Getting the annoying extra cord-length out of the way is surprisingly fantastic! I guess I never noticed how much that extra cord was getting in the way before until it wasn't anymore. Works perfectly- Definitely worth buying for the price!

3.0 out of 5 stars functional, January 22, 2013
For the price, not bad. One design feature should be added a lock on either end so the cord does not untangle.
Otherwise, a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & efficient, January 5, 2013
Gets the job done, very easy to use. Friends ask where I got it often. Buy more than one set, you'll need them.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the best !!!, January 4, 2013
It works very good, most of all for the earphones' cables. I used to have all cables mixed up and this is a great solution.

Headphone Wrap The Core Cord Winder (Black/Pink/Blue)
Used & New from: $0.01