Headphone jack problems? My last Sansa Clip's headphone jack started to malfunction after 3 months of use and I've heard many similar stories from users of other Sansa mp3 players.

Is the Sansa Clip Plus' headphone jack any more sturdy? I guess it might be hard to tell unless you've owned the product already for several months.
asked by Lewis Murdoc on November 9, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 11-20 of 52 answers
A
Thank you teedub, I was going to send the clip+ back until I saw your advice. Just to confirm what teedub said (and to assuage any fears of damaging the device!) you do need to push the headphones very firmly into the device until you hear a click.
J. Wood answered on June 30, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is not a headphone problem so changing your ear buds will not help.
shopper answered on March 30, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
1 year.
Moe Priell answered on May 4, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Got a Sansa Clip 2G last week and the headset connection was intermittent out of the box. I had to fiddle with it to get it to work but the slightest movement caused it to lose contact. Checking on line I saw that this problem has been reported for 3 years. It is incomprehensible that SanDisk has not corrected the problem and that reputable brick and mortar and on-line retailers continue to distribute it. I ordered a replacement because other than this critical problem the device's functionality and performance is excellent.
Norm W answered on June 11, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How about using other brands of ear buds? Do the Sansa players still have the same problems.
Mr. T. W. Briggs answered on May 18, 2011

A
as of 8/2011, the Clip Plus headphone jack doesn't last more than a few months, either. Just got an RMA and am returning mine for warranty replacement. I only take the the headphones out of the jack when I charge it, which is probably about once a week. As this thread is several years old, it doesn't appear that Sansa cares too much about this issue. Make sure to spread the word. Maybe a drop in sales or enough bad publicity might make a difference.
consumer answered on November 29, 2011

A
After 15 months of light use, mine also started breaking
up if there is any movement while the phones are plugged
in. I have had to remove the phones after each use as the
clip broke very quickly and I am now going though a
belt loop to secure it. Battery charge life also dropped
considerably pretty quickly. Despite all of this, I love
it and will probably order a replacement. I use it at home
with high quality Sennheiser headphones - Truly amazing
sound quality and selection of music from about 1000
songs (almost completey used up 8GB).
mr.lotus74 answered on December 19, 2011

A
I've never had any problems with the headphone jack, but then I never ever even tried the horse-suppository-sized ear buds that came with the player. Never mind that they look really cheap (which may be the reason why some people are experiencing problems with their headphones) but since my ear canals are not the size of horse suppositories, I bought a soft pair of JVC ear buds at the same time I bought the player.

When I later bought a Sansa Clip player for my wife, I bought her a soft pair of JVC ear buds to use with it, and neither of us has ever had any problems with the headphone jack.
Wally Waffles answered on July 8, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i've had issues w/ my first sansa clip+'s headphone jack. repeated insertion/removal of the headphones over a period of time (less than a year) will loosen the fitting. so i recommend that you keep your headphones plugged in at all times and remove them from the player only when necessary.
20NfPr5R answered on May 15, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have two sansa mp3's. I always loved it so when the first started having earphone problems, I ordered a new sansa fuse. That one immediately had a problem with getting stuck in pause and I should have sent it back because it never got better. Now, I have the same problem on the sansa fuse with the earphone piece, ie, not being able to hear out of both ears at the same time no matter how many different earphones I tried. I called Sansa troubleshooter who asked a lot of questions and then disconnected me when he found out they were out of warranty. I am really disgusted and will never buy another Sansa.
***Since posting this, I was contacted by a Sansa mgr who was able to send me a replacement. I have been using it for a few months now and have no trouble. I keep the headphones in all the time which I think and hope may be the solution as I used to remove them whenever I wasnt using it. As I said, the sound is great and I love it when it works.
nyc10010 answered on October 15, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product