Headphone jack on the bottom of iPhone 5 obstructed? UPDATE: I've been using this product for a few months, and I can confirm the headphone jack is not obstructed. But, if it is (because your cable is bigger than mine), you can move the phone up (so it doesn't rest on the cradle) to free up the headphone jack, since the side support is enough to hold the phone in place.

ORIGINAL QUESTION: Hello, I had a question. The iPhone 5 (unlike the 4, 4S, etc) has the headphone jack on the bottom left of the phone, in the same area as the cradle for this product. Although the bottom center is uncovered so the phone can be charged, the bottom left and right are covered by the cradle and that is where the headphone jack is located on the iPhone 5. If it is, is it possible to rotate the bottom cradle so that the phone is held from only the sides, without resting on the cradle?
[UPDATED] asked by N. Schoenfeld on September 17, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Dear N. Schoenfeld,

You can turn the mount around and have the bottom cradle at the top of the mount (it will still hold your phone perfectly fine), or you can move the bottom cradle side to side. That may help as well. It worked for a few customers who used the iPod Touches in their car mount, and it held perfectly fine (also the iPhone is thicker than the iPod Touch so there should be no issue)

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

iOttie, Inc.
Richard P answered on September 21, 2012
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks! I got the iPhone 5 and it works fine. I appreciate the response. The cradle actually isn't needed at all since the phone is so light and the side handles hold the phone in place very well. :)

To the person who said "You are not supposed to wear headphones when driving." That is correct, but in this case I am using the headphone jack to plug it into my aux stereo system, not headphones.
N. Schoenfeld answered on September 21, 2012
Comments (2) | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm also using this with my iPhone 5. On my mount, the bottom brackets can be adjusted side to side to allow access to BOTH the Headphone Jack and the Lightning Connector. Problem solved.
CoasterRiderFL answered on December 1, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Of course! I've been using the 5 with this for a few days now and it works great. And the side arms are strong enough to hold the phone even if you don't have it resting on the cradle.
N. Schoenfeld answered on September 28, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I find I can have the charger and headphone jack plugged in at the same time if the cradle is adjusted for it and my iPhone 5 is in a defender case.
E2C answered on November 18, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I understand that the support arms on the bottom can be totally removed. I want both the headphone jack and the iPhone 5 speaker to be free and clear. Sometimes I connect the headphone jack to the aux in on the radio and sometimes I just listen for Navigation voice commands directly from the iphone 5 speaker. Has anyone tried removing these arms and using an iPhone 5?
Dan's Comment answered on January 3, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This was the question I had! Thank you for asking!
Michael K. Bell answered on September 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Is it possible for you to post a picture of how you have the mount set up? This was the same question I had. I have iphone5 with Otterbox Commuter case, I need to access the headphone jack and the charger port.
mom2serena answered on December 1, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I got an iPhone 5 and it doesn't fit well anymore.
Matt answered on November 23, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Sep 21, 2012 4:48:25 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›